Study In Malaysia: A Comprehensive Overview Of Education Opportunities For Indian Students
Malaysia is one of the popular study-abroad destinations for international students as it is successful in various hubs like manufacturing, gas, oil, energy, the automotive industry, finance, and more. Malaysia also offers various job opportunities for international students and promotes inclusivity in all possible areas.
Prerequisites for Indian Students to Study in Malaysia
The prerequisites for Indian Students to study in Malaysia predominantly depends on the university and the courses. However, it is significant to know that there is no particular age limit to study in Malaysia. The most common prerequisites that are mandatory are listed,
- Language Proficiency Tests- The candidates must prove their English competency by clearing any of the proficiency tests like IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, CAE/CPE, and Malaysian University English Test with a decent score. It is significant to go through the eligibility criteria of the chosen university to know about the required scores. Some universities also provide exemptions from these exams.
- Medical Health Screening- The candidates must ensure to proceed with the medical screening after arriving in Malaysia.
Top-ranking Universities in Malaysia for Indian Students
Malaysia is one of the popular study-abroad destinations for international students because of its top-ranking universities. Some of the most popular top-ranking universities in Malaysia for Indian students to pursue higher education are,
- University Malaya- This university is located in Kuala Lumpur, one of the oldest universities in Malaysia. This university offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs for international students, with over 20% international student admissions.
- University Kebangsaan Malaysia- This university in Malaysia is popularly known as the National University of Malaysia. This university was established in 1970.
- University Putra Malaysia- This university is one of the best universities in Malaysia, with 36th rank in Asia. This university focuses on teaching and research in the domains of agriculture and forestry.
- University Sains Malaysia- This is one of the popular public universities in Malaysia. This is one of the top research centers in Malaysia.
- University Teknologi Malaysia- This institution has two campuses in Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru. Its primary focus is engineering and technology.
- University Teknologi Petronas- This university was established in 1997 and is a subsidiary of Petronas.
- University Utara Malaysia- This university was established in 1984 in Sintok, Kedah. It mainly focuses on offering education in the domain of management education.
Best Graduate and Postgraduate Courses for Indian Students
The universities and institutes in Malaysia offer a wide of courses for international students. Some of the most popular and best graduate and postgraduate courses that Indian students opt for are listed,
- Architecture and Construction- Architecture, Structure & Material, Urban & Regional Planning, Built Environment, and Virtual Design & Construction.
- Computer Science and IT- Computer Science, Computing, Data Science, Information Technology, Multimedia, Technology Management, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Security, Cyber Security, Games Technology, Instructional Design & Technology, and Software.
- Applied and Pure Sciences- Applied Mathematics, Aquatic Science, Biodiversity, Biosciences, Construction, Material Chemistry, Microbiology, Science, Science in Management, Addiction Science, Applied Science, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Industrial Statistics, Mathematics, and Polymer Technology.
- Business and Management- Technopreneurship, Accounting & Finance, Actuarial Science, Banking & Finance, Built Environment, Business & Marketing, Construction Management, Corporate Management, Economics, Finance, Hospital Management, International Business, Marketing, Project Management, Supply Chain Management & Logistics, Sustainable Development, Transportation & Logistics, Faculties Management, Accountancy, Actuarial Management, Analytics, Building Management, Business Administration, Business Studies, Corporate Governance, Economic Crime Management, Entrepreneurship, Healthcare & Management, Human Resource Management, Leadership, Philosophy, Real Estate, Supply Chains Operations Management, and Technology Management.
- Creative Arts and Design- Creative, Design, Fashion Design, Strategic Studies, Music, and Arts.
- Engineering- Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, General Engineering & Technology, Manufacturing & Production, Materials Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Quality Control, Railway Technology, Structural Engineering, Telecommunications, Water Engineering & Energy, Water & Wastewater System, Sustainable Energy, Software Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Petroleum Geoscience, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Industrial Automation & Robotics, Forensic Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, and Automotive.
- Humanities- Languages, TESL, Philosophy, and English.
- MBA- Banking & Finance, Entrepreneurship, Hospital Management, International Business, Marketing, Corporate, Healthcare Management, Human Resource Management, Management, and Project Management.
- Travel and Philosophy- Hotel Management, Management, and Hospitality.
- Social Studies and Media- Environmental Management, International Development, Political, Communication, Government & Public Policy, International Relations, and Social Sciences.
- Law- Law and International Law.
- Health and Medicine- Anesthesiology, Counselling, Gynecology, Health Science, Medical Science, Medicine, Nutrition & Health, Orthopedic, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals Technology, Physiology, Psychiatry, Public Heath, Surgery, Acupuncture, Anatomy, Dentistry, Health & Safety, Internal Medicine, Nursing, Occupational therapy, Otorhinolaryngology- Head & Neck Surgery, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Psychology, and Radiology.
- Education and Training- Education, Special Education, Teacher Training, Early Childhood Education, Education Learning, Specialized Teaching, and Technical & Vocational Education.
Application Process for Admission to Malaysian Universities for Indian Students
A step-by-step guide for international students to enroll in universities or institutes in Malaysia is listed,
- Research various courses and programs offered by universities in Malaysia.
- Check the eligibility criteria and requirements to apply for the university of choice and fulfill those criteria.
- Send an email to the desired university with details like current qualifications. The universities will take up to 3 to 5 working days to reply.
- Prepare the required documents: 7 passport-size photographs, a valid passport with at least one-year validity, language proficiency certifications like IELTS, TOEFL, or C1 advanced, photocopies or transcripts of the academic results, general medical report, and application form.
- On approval of the application, the students will receive an office copy, student’s copy, acceptance letter, payment advice form, accommodation booking form, arrival services form, and course fee refund policy.
- Submit all the above documents to the Malaysian Immigration Department to apply for a student visa. The duration of the visa process can vary from 4 to 6 weeks.
- Once the visa is approved, the Malaysian Immigration Department will send the approval letter to the e-mail of the students.
Scholarships Offered for Indian Students in Malaysia
There are various scholarships that an Indian student can avail of while studying in Malaysia. Some of the popular scholarships offered to Indian students to study in Malaysia are,
- Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS) - It is offered by the Malaysian Government for Postgraduate and Postdoctoral studies.
- Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation Scholarship- This is offered for undergraduate, postgraduate, and foundation programs by the Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation.
- Heriot-Watt-Velesto Petroleum Engineering Scholarship for International Students in Malaysia- This is offered to students enrolled in undergraduate programs at Heriot-Watt-University.
- MBA Partial Fee Scholarships at Heriot-Watt University in Malaysia- This scholarship is offered by Heriot-Watt University for students enrolled in MBA programs.
- Developing Solutions Masters Programme and University of Nottingham High Achievers Scholarship in Malaysia- This is offered by the University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus for undergraduate programs.
- Monash University High Achiever Award- it is offered to students enrolled in undergraduate programs at Monash University.
- Yayasan KLK Undergraduate Scholarship at Malaysian Institutions of Higher Learning- This scholarship is offered by Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad (KLK) for undergraduate programs.
- Nagao Natural Environment Foundation Research Grant Programme for Asia-Pacific Region- This is offered by Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) for students enrolled in training and certificate programs.
- Foundation Diploma Scholarships in Malaysia- This is offered for diploma programs by A3 Education and Training.
How Much Does it Cost to Study in Malaysia?
The approximate cost of studying in Malaysia differs based on various factors like the institute/ university, course, duration of the course, and more. However, it is essential to know that the cost of tuition fees in public universities in Malaysia is much lesser compared to private universities. The approximate cost of higher education for international students in public universities is stated as follows,
- Undergraduate/ Bachelor’s Degree- 11,000$ - 15,000$
- Postgraduate/ Master’s Degree- 10,000$- 12,000$
The costs mentioned above are tentative and might vary. The students can work 20 hours a week during the break and festive holidays to cover some of the costs. It is also significant to understand that the student pass must have a work permit for the student to take up part-time jobs.
Job Opportunities after Completing Graduation in Malaysia
Malaysia offers job opportunities for international students after graduation in various sectors. Some of the popular jobs with the average salary that international students show interest in are,
- Executive Management and Change- 240,000 RM
- Engineering- 150,000 RM
- Logistics, Operations, and Purchasing- 120,000 RM
- Legal Department- 250,000 RM
- Public Sector and Not For Profit- 210,000 RM
- Program and Project Management- 140,000 RM
Apart from this, some other popular job sectors include Internet, IT Services, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Consulting, Electrical and Electronic Manufacturing, Computer Hardware and Software, and Oil & Gas Exploration & Production.
Monika Answered on 20/12/2023
Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.
The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.
Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.
Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!Read More(1)(0)
Top Study Abroad Consultants
Genius Study Abroad
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:Make your dreams of studying and living abroad a r Read more
Make your dreams of studying and living abroad a reality with Genius Study Abroad. Genius Study Abroad is a leading overseas education consultancy helping students in University admission process, test coaching for IELTS/PTE/TOEFL and visa guidance.
Services: Study Abroad,Immigration consultants,Visa consultantsAbout:Mindways Consulting Pvt. Ltd., We deal in vis Read more
Mindways Consulting Pvt. Ltd., We deal in visa assistance services for international trips. Are you planning to enjoy your honeymoon trip in any island or planning for family outing, we are here to solve your visa or immigration problems. We have good visa advisors for several countries worldwide, viz., United Kingdom, Singapore, China, Switzerland, Italy, Australia and Germany.
Review: Thankful to the Mindways team for their unwavering support. Especially grateful to Manisha mam and Rupali mam for listening to my queries, guiding me towards the right direction and helping me out at every step of the process. I highly recommend services being provided by Mindways to all the students who wish to study abroad.??
AQG India Educonsultancy Private Limited
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:CIES is a Global Study Choice Platform and a New-A Read more
CIES is a Global Study Choice Platform and a New-Age Education Organisation promoted by Academicians, who know the world of academics and have vibrant corporate/academic experience for about 25 years. We educate for future not just for the present. Why CIES? 1. Global Network Of Institutes:CIES possess the virtue of rich academic relations with premier institutes across the globe and have thorough knowledge about academic processes prevailing all around the world. 2. India’s First Summer School
Review: I m very glad and excited to share that I have successfully passed my IELTS in 1st attempt.
AB Educational Avenues Pvt. Ltd.
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Since 1987, our team has helped more than 15,000 s Read more
Since 1987, our team has helped more than 15,000 students in pursuing programs of their choice internationally. To meet our team & to begin your journey, book your appointment now! Studying Abroad at a University of Your Choice is easier than you think. Our team with more than 100 years of combined experience can help you achieve your dream. If you'd like to discuss your goals with our team of Mentors, please schedule an appointment with us.
Review: iStep Mentors has really helped me throughout the process. Their detailed counselling and guidance on every step has helped me achieving my goal to study in UK.
Services: Study Abroad,Visa consultants,US Visa consultants,Educational ConsultantsAbout:Teachwell Overseas is a renowned educational consu Read more
Teachwell Overseas is a renowned educational consultancy that specializes in providing comprehensive guidance and support to students aspiring to pursue their education abroad. With a wide range of services, Teachwell Overseas caters to students interested in diverse fields such as Agriculture, Australia, New Zealand, Aviation, BDS/MDS, Canada, Engineering, France, Germany, Horticulture, Hotel Management, Ireland, IT/Computer Science, Italy, Journalism, MBA/BBA, Medicine/MBBS, Nursing, Paramedic
Review: I recently had the pleasure of using this incredible services of teachwell.
Academic & Professional Studies Abroad - APSA
Services: Study AbroadAbout:APSA - Academic & Professional Studies Abroad& Read more
APSA - Academic & Professional Studies Abroad brings together, under one roof, a wide range of international professional and vocational qualifications through its high-tech, state of the art teaching centres that are strategically located across the country. It offers exciting and innovative programs blended with industrial experience and practical application that will appeal to the academic community as well as to a range of other sectors in the marketplace. Contact us for more deta
Review: APSA and Shweta ma'am have been so helpful to me for my dream of studying abroad. The way she explained and helped me execute the plan was just so smooth and systematic and being accepted into a good university was a dream come true. She is very helpful and is always motivating and inspiring.
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:Inspired Overseas is located in Delhi and provides Read more
Inspired Overseas is located in Delhi and provides services for Visa consultants, Overseas Education, and Entrance Exam Coaching. These services are essential for individuals aspiring to study abroad and pursue their educational and career goals. Kindly Visit us for more Info.
EDUGUIDE GLOBAL CONSULTANTSModel Town, Ghaziabad, 134003
Services: Study AbroadAbout:EduGuide Global is an organisation formed to assis Read more
EduGuide Global is an organisation formed to assist students fullfill there abroad aspirations. We help in career counselling, application processing and visa guidance. We also prepare students for IELTS and PTE exams https://www.eduguideoverseas.com/
Education Pathways IndiaJodhpur Park, Kolkata, 700029
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Education Pathways India is an award winning educa Read more
Education Pathways India is an award winning education consultancy for UK and Ireland and in service for more than 20 years. It works all over India and has successfully placed more than 5000 students to top Universities in the UK. It's non biased system of work has earned Education Pathways a lot of praise since inception.
Global Study Link Private Limited
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Global Study Link (GSL) was founded in 2008, and w Read more
Global Study Link (GSL) was founded in 2008, and we began our operations in India that same year. In 2011, we extended our operations to the UK from our base in India. As a leading study abroad consultancy we are dedicated to helping students achieve their academic and career goals through international education. Our expert team has 15 plus years of experience in providing guidance and support to students in choosing the right program of study and institution for their academic pursuits. We o
Kalpvriksh Overseas Education Consultants
Services: Study AbroadAbout:We are overseas education consultants for English Read more
We are overseas education consultants for English Speaking and European countries.. We are immigration.consultants too. We assist in All the functionalities of study abroad.. We assist in ielts, SOP & LOR assistance , optaining of offer letter ,scholarships , education visa, accommodation, insurances, Forex Experience: 9 years Staffs: 6