Types of Jobs for Indian Students in France

Study Abroad Team 28/07/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

As an Indian who wants to make it big in France and make a life there, the country has many job opportunities. This European country is known for its excellent food and drinks, beautiful scenic offerings, and sweet language. Knowing the types of jobs in France for Indians available is a good starting point.

Part-Time Jobs


If an Indian student is studying in France on a student Visa, getting a good part-time job can be a great choice. French law allows international students to take up part-time work to meet their financial requirements and should be within 964 hours per year. A minimum wage is pretty good, so even after making mandatory social security contributions from one's salary, an Indian can still make good money to sustain themselves while they study.

Types of Jobs for Indian Students in France

So what are the kinds of part-time jobs one can take up? Well, one can go into tutoring, work as a Research Assistant, a Museum Assistant, a Cashier, or Technical Support.

Internship Jobs

Internships have become part of the course for students today, but in France, some programs require mandatory internship jobs that give students practical knowledge and hands-on experience. An Indian can take up internships, but there has to be an agreement between the organization which is giving the internship and the university where the student is enrolled.

Since such an internship is part of the program the student is taking, it does not count whether it is more than the 964 hours that part-time jobs should be.

Jobs Available for Indians After Finishing Study

Job opportunities in France are plenty for candidates of Indian origin. It depends on the program or university the student has opted for. If a candidate has a degree from a top university, they can expect a higher salary package. However, finding a good job will not be difficult even if the candidate is from a mid-level college with a good educational degree and knowledge about the said industry.After Indian students finish studying, here's a breakdown of the jobs they will find available.

After Completion of a Bachelor's Degree

Bachelor's degree programs in France blend practical knowledge and know-how that prepares students for good careers or higher studies. There are several degree programs that Indian students are attracted to in France, such as Life Sciences, Law, Fashion Designing, Film Studies, Literature, and Creative Writing.

Some jobs that can be applied for after such courses are Product Designer, Assistant Lawyer, Motion Designer, Junior Merchandise manager, Video Editor, and Junior Fashion Assistant.

After Completion of Master's Degree

Master's are in demand among Indian students who want to make a career in France. The Master's programs in the country are full of cutting-edge knowledge that helps a student get insight into how the industry it is based on functions. So after completing their Master's degree, they can get into jobs in several industries, such as finance, law, computer science, psychology, management, etc.

There are several jobs available after one completes the Master's program, such as Sales Executive, Engineer, Chemist, Business Developer, and Research Scientist.

Going for further studies in France can be a great chance to work in the country and develop a career for any Indian candidate.

Practical Tips to Help Indians Find Jobs in France

Indians living in France to study can get jobs in the country.

  1. Start with Job Portals: The first thing to do would be to find job portals to apply at. Many are available, and choosing one according to the degree or program one has undergone is necessary. For example, the IAPA is good for jobs like being an Au Pair. For green jobs, there's the Emplois Verts. There's the L'Agriculture Recrute for agriculturist jobs and ABG for medical and scientific jobs.
  2. Job Portals: There are also global job portals such as Indeed, Monster, Recruit, and many more. Depending on the kind of career a candidate wants and what his degrees are, they can apply for multiple job portals. There are multiple job opportunities in France available through such job portals.
  3. Other Resources: Apart from online job portals, they can apply at several recruitment magazines and newspapers.
  4. Go Volunteering: If one is unable to find a job in a specific industry, thinking about volunteering to gain some experience can be a great idea. This way, one can get a paying job in the same industry as one wants to be a part of.
  5. Language Skills: Indian candidates are often asked about their language skills when they are looking for a job in France. That is why preparing oneself to demonstrate good English language skills is essential. This works through all kinds of jobs: anyone must have strong English communication skills to land a job. Some jobs may even require a candidate to submit test scores to prove their proficiency in the language.
  6. Qualifications: If a student has studied in France, this is not a consideration. But if an Indian candidate is looking for a job in the country without having done their education from there, their degree must be recognized by French law. The agency, Centre ENIC-NARIC France, is responsible for validating degrees and programs from outside of France.
  7. Documentation: To get a job in France, one will need documentation. This is not just a CV but also a cover letter and any proof of qualification one has.
  8. Use Internships: If an Indian student is studying for a degree that will have him go for an internship with an organization, using it to get a stable job in France can be a smart idea. Internship programs are the application of the theory and learning one gets during the years of studying. It is a good way to network and find jobs within the organization.
  9. Find Professional Networks: Another good practical tip for Indians is to develop one's own professional networks right from the time one is studying. This can mean developing good relationships with classmates and professors. It will also mean keeping in touch and having the ability to call up for favors whenever the time comes.

Top Recruiters in France for International Candidates

France has some of the top recruiters in the world. As an Indian candidate, the job one gets is dependent on several factors, including the degree one has and the profession one wants to apply for.

Some of the top recruiters for Indian candidates are IT managers, Product Managers, Account Managers, Lecturers, Project Managers, Marketing Managers, Finance managers, Financial analysts, Business analysts, Chemical engineers, Civil engineers, QA engineers, Operations managers, Research Scientists, and more.

Paris is the city that pays the highest because it is the capital city of France. Other cities that provide good salaries to international candidates are Bordeaux, Lyons, Strasbourg, and Toulouse.

There are lots of jobs in the food and beverages industry, Construction, Utilities, Manufacturing, Engineering, Science, Finance, Transportation, and more in France.

Workplace Environment in France for Indians

France is one of the top destinations for Indians looking for a life abroad. The culture will differ from one organization to the next, and also on the varying degrees of professional commitment. The good news is France has a more formal setting at the workplace which will work well for Indians trying to find work there.

France also has a lot of employee benefits on offer, both for a domestic and international workforce. All employees get statutory benefits, including medical coverage, health insurance, medical exams, pension, and more. There may also be profit sharing available for some.

There are also extra benefits that some employees get to enjoy, such as meal vouchers, paid relocations, stock options, supplementary health insurance, training, gym memberships, work-from-home options, and even flexible working hours.

Indians love that companies are barred from sending emails and phone calls to employees during off-hours. This means there is so much more work-life balance. Also, employees can get 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. There's even a labor code that prevents employees from working for more than 10 hours a day.

The work environment in France can be comfortable and stable for Indians. There are several industries with a staff shortage, making them great to try out.

A few types of Visas are available for international candidates who want to work in the country. From short-stay to long-stay, choosing one that goes with the kind of future one sees is necessary.

France is a wonderful country with a lot to offer. After getting a degree, many Indians prefer to make their life here. And the work opportunities certainly make it worthwhile.

Study Abroad
Study in France
Post degree/ Jobs
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants