Victoria University of Wellington: Rankings, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarships & Placements
Victoria University of Wellington is a public university established in 1897 by Act of Parliament in Wellington, New Zealand. The programs offered by the University are split across ten faculties, offering more than 100 programs. The University offers an array of programs ranging from Architecture and Design Innovation to law. The University invites applications from students across 116 nations. The University has a global reputation for academic excellence and industry connections. Students here can learn from the nation's researchers, creative talents, and decision-makers.
- Victoria University of Wellington holds the 236th position in the QS World University Rankings.
- It was awarded the 495th position in the Best Global Universities Ranking given by Times Higher Education.
Victoria University of Wellington Highlights
The Victoria University of Wellington offers an array of facilities to its students. Some of the exclusive facilities that the Victoria University of Wellington offers are:
- The University is spread across three campuses; its other sites are spread out over Wellington.
- The Victoria University of Wellington aims to build a sustainable campus and deliver world-class research facilities to its students. This will enable the University to foster the leaders of tomorrow.
- The University houses the world-class Ferrier Research Institute, part of their Gracefield Innovation Quarter. The research team here works on commercial projects for clients and projects on applied research.
- The University has a coastal ecology lab that supports the coastal ecology research of the faculty of Biological Sciences.
- The Victoria University of Wellington has a purposefully built art gallery, the Adam Art Gallery, at the Kelburn Campus.
Victoria University of Wellington Admissions
- Candidates are required to fill up their admission form and upload the necessary documents on the student portal of the University.
- The candidates will have to meet the English language requirements of the University. Therefore, they must submit a certificate to prove their English language proficiency.
- Interested candidates must submit their senior school certificate, in which they must score an overall average of about 75%.
- Candidates must have completed their general secondary education and one year of undergraduate degree study at a tertiary institution.
- To secure entry into a postgraduate degree, students must acquire the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution. They must also possess an overall average of B.
- Students are also required to submit a certificate proving their English language proficiency.
- The candidates will have to submit certified copies of their original documents in English.
- The students must complete their application online by creating an account on the University's student portal.
- Interested candidates will have to submit their applications online using the online doctoral application system of the University.
- Students will have to possess a Bachelor's degree with honors or a Master's degree with an overall GPA of 6.
- They can also provide evidence to the Dean of the University, proving their ability and required training to pursue a doctoral degree at the University.
- The students must also be accepted by the Associate Dean and Head of the School of the faculty they are applying to.
- The students will have to arrange references from two referees and upload a sample of their academic writing in English.
- The students must also prepare a research proposal for their intended research report.
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS.
- A minimum overall score of 80 in TOEFL.
- An average of 75% in their senior school examination.
- A minimum GPA of 6 in their undergraduate degree.
- A minimum overall score of 6.5 in IELTS.
- A minimum score of 90 in TOEFL.
Victoria University of Wellington Programs
The University offers an array of courses to its undergraduate and postgraduate students. Some of the popular courses that the Victoria University of Wellington offers are:
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- Bachelor's in Actuarial Science
- Bachelor's in Animation and Visual Effects
- Bachelor's in Architecture
- Bachelor's in Biology
- Bachelor's in Biotechnology
- Bachelor's in Business Ethics and Sustainability Management
- Bachelor's in Chemistry
- Bachelor's in Commercial Law
- Bachelor's in Computer Science
- Bachelor's in Economics
- Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor's in Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- Master's in Architectural Studies
- Master's in Biomedical Science
- Master's in Biotechnology
- Master's in Business Administration
- Master's in Business Analysis
- Master's in Chemistry
- Master's in Computer Graphics
- Master's in Economics
- Master's in Finance
Victoria University of Wellington Accommodation
The University provides comfortable and safe accommodation options to its students. Some of the most popular accommodation options available to the students of the Victoria University of Wellington are:
- Halls of Residence: These apartment-like buildings house numerous students in single or double bedrooms. These provide a safe and secure environment for the students. These are closely located to the University campuses. Students can stay at catered halls, where they would be served meals, or at self-catered halls, where they have to cook for themselves.
- Private Accommodation: Students can rent a private apartment in the city and enjoy certain benefits. The students can enjoy their privacy and independence and choose an apartment that suits their budget. They can choose the apartment at their desired location in the city.
- Homestays: Students can also stay with local families and acquire a distinct experience. The students will enjoy a safe and comfortable home environment, home-cooked meals, and furnished beds.
Victoria University of Wellington Course Fee
The approximate course fees to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the Victoria University of Wellington are as follows:
- The course fee for an undergraduate program at the Victoria University of Wellington is 24 Lakhs INR.
- The course fee for a postgraduate program at the Victoria University of Wellington is 22 Lakhs INR.
The Victoria University of Wellington Living Cost
The approximate cost of living in Wellington, near the campus of the Victoria University of Wellington, to pursue higher education is:
- Rent- 44653 INR
- Travel- 14884 INR
- Entertainment- 9922 INR
- Utilities- 109697 INR
- Food & Drink- 29768 INR
Victoria University of Wellington Scholarships
Victoria University of Wellington offers scholarships to students with academic excellence. Some of the scholarships that the Victoria University of Wellington offers are:
- Vice Chancellor's International Excellence Scholarship- This scholarship is offered to high-achieving international students who have newly acquired admission at the University. This is awarded to students based on their academic performance and excellence.
- Tongarewa Scholarship for Excellence- Each year, the University awards international students a range of Tongarewa Scholarships. This is provided to students who have newly enrolled in the undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the Victoria University of Wellington.
Victoria University of Wellington Placements
With industry-wide partnerships, the Victoria University of Wellington offers great placements to the graduates. The top employers of the students of the University are Bell Bank, Sanford Health, Eide Bailly LLP, Mayo Clinic, CNH Industrial, Wanzek Construction, and others. Some of the most sought-after job roles of the graduates of the Victoria University of Wellington are:
- Account Manager: 5953754 INR
- Department Manager: 6946046 INR
- Financial Analyst: 6201827 INR
- Accountant: 3224950 INR
- HR Consultant: 4217242 INR
Monika Answered on 20/12/2023
Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.
The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.
Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.
Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!Read More(1)(0)
Top Study Abroad Consultants
Genius Study Abroad
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:Make your dreams of studying and living abroad a r Read more
Make your dreams of studying and living abroad a reality with Genius Study Abroad. Genius Study Abroad is a leading overseas education consultancy helping students in University admission process, test coaching for IELTS/PTE/TOEFL and visa guidance.
Services: Study Abroad,Immigration consultants,Visa consultantsAbout:Mindways Consulting Pvt. Ltd., We deal in vis Read more
Mindways Consulting Pvt. Ltd., We deal in visa assistance services for international trips. Are you planning to enjoy your honeymoon trip in any island or planning for family outing, we are here to solve your visa or immigration problems. We have good visa advisors for several countries worldwide, viz., United Kingdom, Singapore, China, Switzerland, Italy, Australia and Germany.
Review: Thankful to the Mindways team for their unwavering support. Especially grateful to Manisha mam and Rupali mam for listening to my queries, guiding me towards the right direction and helping me out at every step of the process. I highly recommend services being provided by Mindways to all the students who wish to study abroad.??
AQG India Educonsultancy Private Limited
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:CIES is a Global Study Choice Platform and a New-A Read more
CIES is a Global Study Choice Platform and a New-Age Education Organisation promoted by Academicians, who know the world of academics and have vibrant corporate/academic experience for about 25 years. We educate for future not just for the present. Why CIES? 1. Global Network Of Institutes:CIES possess the virtue of rich academic relations with premier institutes across the globe and have thorough knowledge about academic processes prevailing all around the world. 2. India’s First Summer School
Review: I m very glad and excited to share that I have successfully passed my IELTS in 1st attempt.
AB Educational Avenues Pvt. Ltd.
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Since 1987, our team has helped more than 15,000 s Read more
Since 1987, our team has helped more than 15,000 students in pursuing programs of their choice internationally. To meet our team & to begin your journey, book your appointment now! Studying Abroad at a University of Your Choice is easier than you think. Our team with more than 100 years of combined experience can help you achieve your dream. If you'd like to discuss your goals with our team of Mentors, please schedule an appointment with us.
Review: iStep Mentors has really helped me throughout the process. Their detailed counselling and guidance on every step has helped me achieving my goal to study in UK.
Services: Study Abroad,Visa consultants,US Visa consultants,Educational ConsultantsAbout:Teachwell Overseas is a renowned educational consu Read more
Teachwell Overseas is a renowned educational consultancy that specializes in providing comprehensive guidance and support to students aspiring to pursue their education abroad. With a wide range of services, Teachwell Overseas caters to students interested in diverse fields such as Agriculture, Australia, New Zealand, Aviation, BDS/MDS, Canada, Engineering, France, Germany, Horticulture, Hotel Management, Ireland, IT/Computer Science, Italy, Journalism, MBA/BBA, Medicine/MBBS, Nursing, Paramedic
Review: I recently had the pleasure of using this incredible services of teachwell.
Academic & Professional Studies Abroad - APSA
Services: Study AbroadAbout:APSA - Academic & Professional Studies Abroad& Read more
APSA - Academic & Professional Studies Abroad brings together, under one roof, a wide range of international professional and vocational qualifications through its high-tech, state of the art teaching centres that are strategically located across the country. It offers exciting and innovative programs blended with industrial experience and practical application that will appeal to the academic community as well as to a range of other sectors in the marketplace. Contact us for more deta
Review: APSA and Shweta ma'am have been so helpful to me for my dream of studying abroad. The way she explained and helped me execute the plan was just so smooth and systematic and being accepted into a good university was a dream come true. She is very helpful and is always motivating and inspiring.
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:Inspired Overseas is located in Delhi and provides Read more
Inspired Overseas is located in Delhi and provides services for Visa consultants, Overseas Education, and Entrance Exam Coaching. These services are essential for individuals aspiring to study abroad and pursue their educational and career goals. Kindly Visit us for more Info.
EDUGUIDE GLOBAL CONSULTANTSModel Town, Ghaziabad, 134003
Services: Study AbroadAbout:EduGuide Global is an organisation formed to assis Read more
EduGuide Global is an organisation formed to assist students fullfill there abroad aspirations. We help in career counselling, application processing and visa guidance. We also prepare students for IELTS and PTE exams https://www.eduguideoverseas.com/
Education Pathways IndiaJodhpur Park, Kolkata, 700029
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Education Pathways India is an award winning educa Read more
Education Pathways India is an award winning education consultancy for UK and Ireland and in service for more than 20 years. It works all over India and has successfully placed more than 5000 students to top Universities in the UK. It's non biased system of work has earned Education Pathways a lot of praise since inception.
Global Study Link Private Limited
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Global Study Link (GSL) was founded in 2008, and w Read more
Global Study Link (GSL) was founded in 2008, and we began our operations in India that same year. In 2011, we extended our operations to the UK from our base in India. As a leading study abroad consultancy we are dedicated to helping students achieve their academic and career goals through international education. Our expert team has 15 plus years of experience in providing guidance and support to students in choosing the right program of study and institution for their academic pursuits. We o
Kalpvriksh Overseas Education Consultants
Services: Study AbroadAbout:We are overseas education consultants for English Read more
We are overseas education consultants for English Speaking and European countries.. We are immigration.consultants too. We assist in All the functionalities of study abroad.. We assist in ielts, SOP & LOR assistance , optaining of offer letter ,scholarships , education visa, accommodation, insurances, Forex Experience: 9 years Staffs: 6