A Step-by-Step Guide to Passing Foreign Entrance Exams After 12th

Study Abroad Team 22/08/2023
8 Mins Read

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

While some students prefer to go abroad for their higher studies, many start making such plans after appearing for their 12th boards. Obtaining a bachelor's degree from a foreign university is an excellent idea if the student is sure that doing a particular course abroad would strengthen their career prospects.

In certain cases, the sooner an individual starts, the better. For instance, if a person wishes to do an MBA in a foreign university three years later, they might as well enroll in a BBA course right away. Or, if they intend to do an M.Sc. in engineering, why not apply for a B.Sc. course today? After acquiring a bachelor's degree, students could continue their higher studies at the same university. The path would become much smoother even if they opt for a different college.

Comprehensive Guide to the Application Procedure for Studying Abroad After 12th

There are several things a student needs to do when they decide to study abroad after the 12th  grade. Firstly, the student should know about the course they want to pursue or the kind of university they imagine themselves studying in for the next couple of years. While the application process for a particular university might differ slightly from another, most colleges follow a standard protocol.

A Step-by-Step Guide to Passing Foreign Entrance Exams After 12th

Grades Transcript

Most universities require the students or applicants to put across their academic records. Since students have to produce their 12th board examination mark sheet, they have to wait for the results. However, even before the results are out, they must start preparing themselves to apply to universities in Germany and colleges based in other countries.  

Letter of Recommendation

A letter of recommendation or LOR is one of the most important requirements for those wishing to study abroad after the 12th. Applicants must get validation from 2-3 individuals who will observe and examine their skills and closely look at their achievements and other details. A letter of recommendation is mostly given to a student by their academic tutors.

Statement of Purpose

A statement of purpose or SOP is almost as important as a LOR. Students will have to draft an essay detailing why they believe they deserve to get the chance to study or pursue a course at a particular university in France or elsewhere. The main reason why an SOP is important is that universities expect students to be expressive about their career-based objectives.

Passport

To apply for a particular course at a university or even think about the possibility of getting themselves enrolled there, students must first possess a valid passport. They must also remember that the factors related to a passport's validity could vary from one country to another. For instance, certain countries might expect them to have a passport that remains valid till the time their course comes to an end. Therefore, applicants must be mindful of the country they plan to study in.

Proof of Funds (POF)

Before a student starts applying to foreign universities, they must have the requisite funds at their disposal. After they are done with their research on the study in Germany for Indian students, they must start arranging for funds.

Students must be aware of the tuition costs, the course duration, the cost of living, and every other expense they have to incur while studying abroad. Every student who wishes to study abroad is expected to offer evidentiary proof that they will be able to pay their fee on time and handle their regular living expenses.

While some universities inquire about the applicant's finances after submitting the admission offer, some ask for such details in the earlier stages. Proof of funds or PoF could be required by some other authorities as well. The students must have it ready in advance regardless of who asks for it. A PoF is simply the student's ability to manage the cost or finances of studying abroad.

Age Limit

To apply to a college or university based in a foreign country, the applicant should be at least 18 years of age. Since most students reach this age by the time they finish their 12th board examination, the age limit shouldn't be a problem.

How To Apply

After deciding that they wish to study abroad, many students feel a little confused about the next steps involved in the process.

Best Foreign Entrance Tests to Pursue Medicine Abroad

If a student is interested in medicine and health care, they will have a good number of options to choose from after finishing their 12th board examination. Some courses they can opt for include medical science, medicine and surgery, laboratory medicine, paramedicine, and health informatics. The cost of an MBBS in the USA varies from college to college.

The Medical College Admission Test, organized by the Association of American Medical Colleges or AAMC, is the entrance test students must appear for when they wish to get into a medical school based in Australia, the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands. Every year, this entrance test is conducted in 21 countries.

Best Foreign Entrance Tests to Pursue Engineering Abroad

Every year, many students go abroad to pursue a course in engineering. A degree from a foreign university proves to be very useful to somebody who plans to pursue a career as an engineer. Some engineering programs students can apply for in a foreign university are mechanical engineering, aeronautical engineering, information technology, civil engineering, and automobile engineering.

There are many reputed universities worldwide to pursue a course in engineering. Some countries known for offering well-designed engineering courses are the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Singapore, Australia, and Germany.

Top Foreign Entrance Tests for Indian Students

When a student wishes to enroll in a college or university in their city or town, they have to go through an entrance test. If they plan on studying at a foreign university, they must also sit for an entrance exam.

Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)

The Scholastic Aptitude Test or SAT is a test that has been designed for those who wish to apply for undergraduate programs in universities based in Canada and the United States. As a written test, the purpose of SAT is to check the language skills and the applicants' mathematical knowledge.

The SAT has two different formats. In one format, writing an essay is a part of the test. In the other format, no essay is involved. While the former lasts 3 hours, the latter lasts for 3 hours and 50 minutes. The applicants can score on a range extending from 200 to 300 points.

Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)

A Graduate Management Admission Test or GMAT is a test through which a candidate's analytical, quantitative, reading, writing, and verbal skills are assessed. Managed and administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council, GMAT is primarily required for securing admission to a business management school based in a foreign country.

An applicant's GMAT score is considered valid and accepted by universities in multiple countries, including Germany, Canada, and the USA. To appear for a GMAT exam, a student has to pay around Rs. 20,000 as the fee. The duration of a GMAT test is 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Pearson Language Test (PTE)

Before making a list of Norway's top universities, a student must know about The Pearson Language Test or PTE. It is one test given a lot of weightage by colleges and universities based in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. The test assesses the applicant's communication skills and ability to read, write, listen, and speak.

A student's test score in a PTE test remains valid for two years. The score is determined against English's global scale. One of the best things about the PTE test is that no age limit is attached. However, the applicant must be at least 16 to appear for this test. Another good thing is that this particular test is conducted multiple times a year. To give this test, the applicant will have to pay a sum of Rs. 13,000.

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

While applying to universities in Switzerland, applicants must take an English proficiency test. As an English proficiency test, TOEFL holds a lot of importance. When somebody wishes to study abroad, they must mentally prepare themselves to appear for this test. The TOEFL iBT scores are accepted by more than 11,000 institutions across 150 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada.

TOEFL can be best described as a computerized test that lasts for 4 hours and analyses a candidate's writing, reading, and listening abilities. This test also has a paper-based version to it. For a PBT test, an applicant must pay around Rs. 13,000. If they wish to opt for an iBT test, they should be ready to spend between Rs. 11,000 and Rs. 17,000.

Graduate Record Examination (GRE)

The Graduate Record Examination or GRE is offered and administered by ETS. This test has been designed for those interested in graduate school admission. This particular test is valid in most countries where English is used as the primary mode of instruction and communication.

As of today, more than 1200 business schools across the world accept the GRE test. However, Most business schools based in Europe do not require one to appear for a GRE test. In a GRE test, a student will be tested on quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, and writing abilities. A GRE score remains valid for 5 years.

Study Abroad
Test Prep & Exams
Foreign Exam
TOEFL
GRE
IELTS Exam
SAT Exam
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants