Study abroad Travel Insurance: Your Reliable Companion in a Foreign Country

Study Abroad Team 18/07/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Study abroad Travel Insurance: Your Reliable Companion in a Foreign Country

Benefits of Getting Study Abroad Travel Insurance

Study Abroad Travel Insurance can protect students against travel-related risks they may face abroad. Any student who plans to go abroad for further studies is likely traveling alone for the first time in their life.

Chances are, they find it a bit intimidating. Student travel insurance, with its unique blend of international travel and health insurance, can be just the thing to relieve a bit of the stress involved.With lots of features available, such insurance can be a worthwhile investment. It covers many things, including property loss, emergency accommodation, and emergency medical requirements.

Any emergency or accident can cost a lot of money to handle. When students leave their comfort zone to study abroad in a different country, they are already spending a lot of money.

Delaying with emergencies and unexpected expenses can take a huge toll on finances if not planned for. This is where Study Abroad Travel Insurance comes in. It is a must for students planning to pursue higher studies in a foreign country.

What Study Abroad Travel Insurance Covers

Studying abroad can be the learning curve required for a lucrative and strong career in the future. Faced with emergencies, a student can feel strapped for money. Here are the things that Student Travel Insurance will usually cover:

  • Medical Emergencies: In case the student suffers from bodily injuries or any sudden illness when they are abroad, this insurance will cover the expenses involved. For instance, the cost of dental treatment in a foreign country can be expensive, but this insurance will cover it. If a student requires medical evacuation to their home country in case of serious illness, that too will be covered.
  • Baggage Loss: When a student moves to a foreign country to study, they usually pack their whole life in their luggage. So when that luggage gets lost, it will not just cause financial strain, but a whole lot of emotional upheaval as well. This insurance covers the financial losses endured, allowing the student to settle down without any issues.
  • Passport Loss: Losing a passport in a foreign country can be stressful. The cost of replacing it too can be high, but this insurance covers the expenses.
  • Reimbursement of Fees: When a student studying abroad has to return to his home country for a medical emergency, the loss of fees already paid can be hard to deal with financially. This insurance will reimburse such fees either fully or partially.
  • Visit for Compassionate Reasons: A student falling sick in a foreign country can be extremely stressful for family back home. This insurance will cover visits by family members for compassionate reasons and can be used to re-compensate return flight tickets.
  • Emergency Accommodation: If a student plans to study in a foreign country that is vulnerable to natural calamities, this insurance will come in handy. In case of a natural calamity, the student can go for emergency accommodation, leaving their original one, and be reimbursed for it. This can pave the way for a safe shelter.

Difference Between Study Abroad Travel Insurance and Student Health Insurance

Different insurance companies will have different Study Abroad Travel Insurance Plans providing various benefits. The most important thing to know about Study Abroad Travel Insurance and Student Health Insurance is that the former is a short-term plan that will cover a student from the time they leave home till the time they settle down in the foreign country, while the latter will cover them for the entire duration of their studies abroad.

Who is Eligible for Study Abroad Travel Insurance?

Not everybody is eligible for such an insurance plan, though. These plans have the following eligibility criteria:

  • One must be a student pursuing a course or program in a foreign school or university.
  • The student is working at an internship. Such an internship can be both paid or unpaid.
  • One is attending a vocational training program in a foreign country.

Every insurance company will have a different set of eligibility criteria, and there will also be a cut-off age to consider. It is usually 35 years.

Cost of Study Abroad Travel Insurance

The cost of getting a Study Abroad Travel Insurance will depend on a few factors, including the following:

  • How much coverage does a student wish to have? Emergency medical or other situations can be financially straining when a student is going abroad to pursue their educational dreams. The more coverage one gets, the better it usually is. If one opts for add-on features, then the cost will increase.
  • The destination country also plays a huge factor in deciding what such an insurance plan will cost. For example, if one wishes to study in the United States, the cost of travel insurance for student plans will be higher than if they were to go to a different country.
  • The duration of the coverage is also taken into account. Some students opt for just a few weeks, while others opt for coverage for a month or so.

Process of Getting Student Travel Insurance

Study Abroad Travel Insurance is useful against property loss or medical emergencies during travel. Students also feel so much more in control if they get one. Here’s the process of getting such insurance:

  1. Eligibility: The first thing would be to check the eligibility. Usually, such insurance will be available for students between the ages of 16 and 35. 
  2. Compulsory Clause: Some countries will only grant Visas for students to study in their country if they have Student Travel Insurance. Most universities will offer health insurance to their international students. Understanding the compulsory clause will help save money.
  3. Extensions: No one knows what will happen when a candidate goes abroad; one might even need an extension. So looking at extensions and how much they will cost is necessary.
  4. Apply: After doing the necessary research, it is time to apply for insurance. This can be easily done online on the insurance provider’s website. It is always best to choose a quality insurance provider because one does not want to fall prey to unsettled claims.
  5. Approval: If a student meets the eligibility criteria for Study Abroad Travel Insurance, it will not take much for the insurance provider to approve. Once the approval has come, paying the cost will make the insurance coverage active.

Points to Remember While Choosing A Study Abroad Travel Insurance

  • Buying the cheapest student Travel Insurance plan will be a mistake. If the plan is too cheap, chances are, it does not offer a wide variety of benefits. Studying abroad can mean facing difficulties and challenges, so one must look for a plan that gives coverage to the most important things.
  • It is imperative to read insurance plan terms and conditions properly before buying. Some policies may look like they have a cancelation policy, but specific requirements will have to be met for the same.
  • Understand what is excluded from the insurance. It will give one an idea about what is not covered within the policy.
  • Also, research how to start a claim process. When a student goes abroad to study and has an emergency to deal with, starting an insurance claim process may be time-consuming and complicated. The easier the claims process, the better it will be.

Study Abroad Travel Insurance is much-needed when someone is planning to pursue further studies in a foreign country. As an international student, dealing with emergency medical costs and sundry travel mishaps can be difficult. With coverage provided, it can take off the worries by quite a bit.

Study Abroad
#overseaseducation
#studyabroad
#travel&stay
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants