Study in Australia for Indian Students - An Ultimate Guide to Fund Your Education

Study Abroad Team 28/07/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Why do Indian Students Prefer to Pursue their Higher Studies in Australia?

With eight of the top hundred universities in the world, Australia is much more than koalas and kangaroos. An increasing number of Indian students opt to study in Down Under. From world-class academic infrastructure to post-study work opportunities,

Australia is one of the preferred study-abroad destinations. Based on a recent United Nations report, Australia ranks as the second-best country in the world for its steady economic growth and standard of living. When the context is about pursuing higher education, Australia has an abundance of scholarships and world-acclaimed qualifications. Indian students aspiring to study in Australia must know about education loans for abroad studies. Listed are some reasons why Australia remains the top study-abroad destination for students.

Study in Australia for Indian Students - An Ultimate Guide to Fund Your Education

Lets Students Earn Valuable Experience 

Students pursuing higher studies in Australia can develop job-centric skills, increasing their employability. The higher education institutes in Australia help aspirants to succeed in today’s competitive job market.

Qualifications are Internationally-Accredited 

The qualifications that a student will get from Australian universities are recognized worldwide. The teaching pedagogy in educational institutes is revered all across the globe. Moreover, the education system in Australia is governed by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).

Access to Equal Rights 

While studying in Australian universities, students can access certain rights that guarantee their safety. The country has the most rigorous protection suitable for international students. This is another reason Australia has evolved as one of the top study-abroad destinations among Indian students.

A Wide Variety of Scholarships 

Aspirants prefer studying in Australia because the country offers various scholarships. Therefore, aspirants can decrease their overall tuition fees by planning to study in the land Down Under. The Australian government spends a large sum of money annually on international scholarships. Besides scholarships, students can explore education loans for abroad studies. This will help them to seek admission to their preferred university.   

What are the Admission Requirements for Students Aspiring to Study in Australia?

Before seeking admission to reputed universities in Australia, students must be aware of the individual requirements. One should know the list of eligibility criteria for studying in Australia.

  • To get admission into diploma-level courses, aspirants should have more than 60% marks in high school exams.
  • Admission into Bachelor’s degrees will require the aspirants to score more than 65% in high school.
  • Australian universities recognize the three-year graduation degree for admission into Master’s programs.
  • Obtain an accredited Bachelor’s degree to seek admission to Australian universities.
  • Eligibility criteria about the admission requirements set by various Australian colleges and universities.
  • During the admission process, candidates must provide educational details and grades to the authorities.
  • Those applying for admissions must provide official transcripts from every university or college they attended.
  • Here are some specific requirements related to admission to Australian universities.
  • Candidates should submit higher secondary and senior secondary certificates or reports along with transcripts.
  • IELTS and GMAT exam scorecards should be provided during the time of admission to MBA courses in Australian universities.
  • Candidates need SOP (Statement of Purpose) and LOR (Letter of Recommendation) during admission to Australian colleges and universities.

List of the Best Australian Universities to Apply for Indian Students 

The educational infrastructure in Australia offers a wide variety of study options. With more than 1000 universities and 20000 courses, students always prefer pursuing their higher studies in Australia. The universities in this country are advanced when considering the overall quality of education, research scope, and facilities. Aspirants are always advised to opt for an education loan abroad to optimize their future prospects. Here is the list of top-ranking Australian universities.

  • University of Sydney
  • Australian National University
  • University of Melbourne
  • Monash University
  • University of Adelaide

Candidates planning to do a Master’s in Australia can consider the following universities.

  • University of Queensland
  • University of Adelaide
  • RMIT University
  • University of Sydney

For pursuing MBA, aspirants can consider these universities.

  • Monash Business School
  • Macquarie Business School
  • The University of Queensland
  • The Otago Business School

Which Language Tests are Required for Admission to Australian Universities?

Students must have adequate English proficiency to study in Australia and increase their chances of being approved for a scholarship. The English language proficiency tests to study in Australia include TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, etc. Here is detailed information on the types of language tests students have to undertake for admission to Australian universities.

IELTS 

IELTS, also known as International English Language Testing System, is an English language proficiency exam recognized widely in Australian universities. To increase the chances of admission, students should target a score in the range of 7-7.5.

PTE 

Pearson Test of English is another language proficiency test recognized in Australian universities. It is a computer-based test with a duration of three hours. An overall 72 out of 90 scores is considered competitive in most cases.

TOEFL 

Test of English as a Foreign Language is a language proficiency assessment of 120 marks. In India, there are more than 4000 test centers. Applicants can take this test offline or online based on their convenience. For hassle-free admission to Australian educational institutes, candidates need to score more than 90.While knowing about language proficiency tests is crucial, applicants must thoroughly know about study abroad loans.   

How can Indian Students Get a Scholarship in Australia?

Students can get approved for an Australian scholarship with good grades and additional work experience. To obtain scholarships for a Master’s in Australia, good grades are always a necessity.However, factors like institution and location are important factors. Moreover, some Australian universities may also consider the candidate’s community service or volunteering experience.

Even co-curricular activities of the aspirants may influence their eligibility to be approved for scholarships. Typically, all scholarships for Master’s in Australia from the government are available for Indian students. The aspirants should submit the scholarship application directly to the educational institute. The applicants must apply for a scholarship with the admission acceptance letter.   

The Popular Scholarship Programs for Indian Students in Australia

Australia is famous for offering quality education to incoming graduate, undergraduate, and doctorate students. Today, Australia has plenty of colleges and universities that provide international students with excellent learning experiences.

Listed are some popular scholarship programs candidates can apply for.

The Australia Awards Scholarship

The Australia Awards Scholarship, also known as AAS, is highly competitive and prestigious at the same time. This scholarship provides government-funded grants to students from developing countries like India. However, students must have leadership qualities. The AAS program aims to equip candidates with relevant skills so that they can contribute to the development of their own country.

Australian Government Research and Training Program (AGRTP) 

The AGRTP supports international and domestic students undertaking research in Australian universities and educational institutes. It is fully funded by the government and covers a student’s tuition fee and health insurance. The AGRTP can cover these expenses for up to three years.

Destination Australia Program (DAP)

The DAP is another scholarship that’s funded entirely by the Australian government. The main objective of this scholarship program is to encourage international students to pursue their higher education in regional Australia. One should note that the value of the funding is $15000 for each scholarship.The funding for this scholarship is available each year based on the student’s qualifications. Students must carefully analyze the eligibility criteria while applying for this scholarship program.

Dr. Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarship

Sydney University provides this scholarship option for all international applicants. However, one should be a postgraduate aspirant to apply for this scholarship. Furthermore, candidates can optimize their chances of qualifying for the scholarship if they have a distinction in their undergraduate courses. This scholarship program can cover more than 50% of the tuition fees.

International Undergraduate Scholarship from the Melbourne University 

It is a scholarship for brilliant students who want to pursue Bachelor’s degree from Melbourne University. The scholarship typically covers more than 50% of the entire tuition fee. There may also be a remission of $1000 on tuition costs for the first year.  

Study Abroad
Study in Australia
#studyabroad
#studyinaustralia
#scholarships&loans
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants