The Ultimate Guide to Applying to Universities in Australia

Study Abroad Team 28/12/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Why Opt for Australia for Higher Education?

The education infrastructure of Australia is highly acclaimed across the globe. Moreover, the degrees from Australian universities are trusted and renowned internationally. If aspirants are looking for a diverse study-abroad experience, enrolling in Australian universities will help.

As a country, Australia is safe, welcoming, and diverse. Moreover, the universities of Australia uphold their commitment to academic excellence and sustainability. Students will have access to a safe and collaborative work environment.

More than forty-three universities in Australia excel in terms of educational infrastructure. The main benefits of studying in Australia are post-study work permits, job options, scholarship opportunities, etc. Here are some other benefits of pursuing degree courses from Australian universities.

Allows Students to Gain Work Experience

Students pursuing their degree courses in Australia will develop valuable skills. Australian institutions offer degrees to help aspirants succeed in this competitive age. An Australian qualification will make the CV of the student attractive to potential employers in Australia.

Extensive Student Support Services

The Australian institutions are renowned for offering an array of student support services. The education providers typically comply with strict quality control and government regulations. Aspirants can access dedicated student support centers.

Vast Employment Opportunities

The educational institutes in Australia make students work-ready. They impart quality education by considering the modern demands of industries and the market. A degree from an Australian university can make the candidature of aspirants attractive to employers.

It is essential to know about MBA in Australia for Indian students’ fees to prepare financially.

Study Abroad Opportunities and Options in Australia

For international students, obtaining a college education in Australia is an excellent choice. The Australian universities have much to offer- both in and outside the classroom. Moreover, the students who have selected who select to earn a degree from an Australian university will be respected across the world.

However, students should know the degree or diploma they want to earn. Furthermore, it is also crucial for the aspirants to be aware of the kind of institution they wish to seek admission.

The right educational institute is essential based on its fees and the academic atmosphere. Nowadays, aspirants can access numerous option options to complete their studies. And one exciting opportunity for an aspirant is to study abroad.

The tertiary education sector in Australia is highly developed and allows students to select from a wide selection of courses. Usually, the medium of instruction in Australian universities is English. Here is the international study abroad options students should know while seeking admission to Australian universities.

Spending a Semester in Australia

The most famous study option in Australia is to pursue a short-term degree. The aspirants can enroll in a single semester or university for one academic year.

Pursuing a Graduate Degree in Australia

Students can study abroad in Australia longer and earn an undergraduate degree from an Australian university. Typically, aspirants can complete undergraduate degree programs in three years. The undergraduate programs in Australia comprise single-semester studies.

Enrolling in Vocational and Technical Studies in Australia

International students may enroll in a vocational education course or training program at various institutions. The vocational and technical courses focus mainly on hands-on workplace training. These courses are offered at private colleges, traditional Australian universities, etc. Students should be fully aware of the MBA in Australia for Indian students’ fees to prepare financially.

Best Universities to Apply to in Australia for International Students

Australia, the land down under, is a preferred destination for thousands of international students. It has numerous internationally-recognized universities that offer a variety of courses. Here are the best Australian universities to apply to for international students.


Australian National University (ANU)

The ANU is one of the most popular research universities in Australia’s capital, Canberra. ANU is ranked 1st in Australia and 27th in the world and offers top-notch education. One of the key highlights of this university is its small class sizes.

University of Melbourne

This university is located in Australia’s cultural capital, Melbourne. The main aim of this university is to help graduates become well-rounded and skilled professionals. The university has more than 100 centers for research activities.

University of Sydney

The University of Sydney is pretty famous among international students for sports-related subjects. It is also a one-stop educational institute for aspirants pursuing engineering, pharmacy, and nursing.

University of Adelaide

The University of Adelaide ranks highly in veterinary science, dentistry, and engineering. One of the key highlights of this university is its supportive learning environment. It is a member of the reputed Group of Eight research-intensive universities.

University of Queensland (UQ)

The University of Queensland is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities. This university has been imparting valuable skills to students for more than a century. The main objective of this university is to impart knowledge and leadership skills to students.

Study Credit and Admission Eligibility in Australia

One should know about Australian university admission requirements for international students properly. Like credit systems in other parts of the world, the academic credits in Australia track a student’s academic progress.

Moreover, credits also play a crucial role in determining tuition fees. The individual faculties or departments have different rules associated with independent study and transfer credit. So, international students should be aware of the number of study credits that can be transferred.

Like in any other university in the world, for each course, students earn a particular credit value. The credits denote the total number of hours aspirants are expected to study a subject per week. In most Australian universities, each subject has a credit value ranging from 6 to 8. For Bachelor’s, students require the completion of 144 credit points. And for the Master’s, the students need 96 credits.

To pursue a Bachelor’s degree, students can appear for the International Baccalaureate (IB) exam. The IB is widely recognized in Australia. For a successful entry into a Master’s course, students need to furnish a graduation certificate.

Admission Intake Time in Australian Universities

Here are the essential aspects of learning about the intake time in Australian Universities.

  • Semester 1/T1-Late February or early March to late May or early June
  • Semester 2/T2-Late July or early August through to November
  • Semester 3/T3-Late October or early November through to February

Application Process for Student Credit for Australian Universities

When applying for a degree in an Australian university, students should ensure that their earned qualifications are recognized. Earned qualifications can only be converted to credits. The conversion process is referred to as assessment.

It may take more than three months, and the costs vary based on the number of qualifications analyzed. Aspirants should apply for the assessment online. After analyzing the assessment, universities will decide if the students meet the academic requirements.

Application process for Scholarships to Study in Australia

The grant of scholarship in Australia is typically on merit. Students should note that there are no qualifying exams to demonstrate their eligibility for the scholarship they’re applying for. If a student is selected for the Australian Awards Scholarship, it is necessary to sign the contract. The scholarships cover the following types of expenses.

  • Return air ticket
  • Tuition fees
  • Living expenses
  • Overseas student health cover

Deadline for University Application in Australia

By August to September, aspirants should start applying to the university. Usually, by October to December, the application window closes. In December, students should search for financial aid or scholarship. From February to March, the session in Australian universities commences. It is essential to adhere to the Australian university admission requirements for international students to avoid rejections.

Study Abroad
Application Process
Study in Australia
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants