University of Queensland:

Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements

Study Abroad Team 26/09/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Designed as a public research university, the University of Queensland was established in the year 1909 by the Parliament of Queensland. Along with a college and a graduate school, the University of Queensland has as many as six faculties, helping students choose various principles to study in Australia.

The university's primary campus is the St Lucia campus, which is located in St Lucia and is quite close to the central business district of Brisbane. While the Gatton campus is huge, the Mayne Medical School is one of the reputed educational institutions under the university. The university allows students to earn their associate, bachelor, doctoral, master, and higher doctorate degrees by enrolling in the well-structured courses offered by the university.

The university has provided education to several prominent achievers, including two Nobel laureates, John Harsanyi and Peter C. Doherty. May renowned sportspersons and entrepreneurs, too, have procured their degrees from the University of Queensland. After enrolling at the University of Queensland, an international student can avail of many advanced research centers.

The University of Queensland Highlights

When a university has been around for more than a century, one expects its reputation to be impeccable. For decades, the University of Queensland has been known to be one of the best universities in Australia in terms of the quality of teaching and research facilities offered here. Its three campuses serve as a learning ground for a large number of international students.

  • The university is divided into different academic, logistical, and administrative faculties. The university’s governing body is the senate, which comprises 22 members who are a part of the university. The chancellor and deputy chancellor lead the senate’s activities and programs. The Senate can hire staff members, regulate the university's affairs, and determine how the finances will be used.
  • The academic body can be best described as the senior academic advisory body of the university. It is responsible for putting together policies related to academics and dealing with matters concerning programs, research, teaching facilities, and scholarships.

University of Queensland Programs

The university has six faculties: the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Faculty of Health and Behavioral Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology.

  • Under each faculty, there are multiple schools or institutions. While the Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law has the School of Business, School of Law, and School of Economics, the Faculty of Medicine comprises the School of Medical Health and School of Biomedical Sciences.
  • The faculty of Science has multiple schools: the School of Biological Sciences, School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences, School of Agriculture and Food Sciences, School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, School of Veterinary Science, and School of Mathematics and Physics.

University of Queensland Admissions

The University of Queensland offers international students multiple courses to choose from. They can apply for these courses or programs through the university's online application portal. For postgraduate programs, the application fee is 100 AUD or 5,619 INR. To do a PG course, an international student must have a bachelor’s degree.

  • Along with a resume, submitting a recommendation letter would prove helpful to them. If they had appeared for an English language proficiency test like IELTS, they are expected to have a minimum score of 6.5. Those who appear for TOEFL iBT need to score a minimum of 87. As far as the GMAT is concerned, a minimum score of 550 is required.
  • To apply for an undergraduate course offered by the University of Queensland, an international student has to pay an application fee of 150 AUD or 8,428 INR. Along with a copy of their passport and a valid ID, the applicant must also submit their high school transcripts. While a 6.5 score in IELTS would be sufficient, scoring an 87 in TOEFL iBT would be good enough.

University of Queensland Accommodations

A large number of international students studying at the University of Queensland avail themselves of the on-campus accommodation facilities offered by the institution; after getting the requisite information about the accommodation facilities, an international student has to apply or pre-book them. Students with well-maintained rooms can access essential utilities like water, gas, electricity, and healthy meals.

If an international student opts to study in a residential college in St Lucia, they will have to pay a rental amount ranging from 2,000 to 2,800 AUD monthly. Students residing in Kev Carmody House of St Lucia should prepare themselves to pay a rent of 1,276 AUD every month. The accommodation rent charged by the residential colleges of Gatton is 1,716 AUD.

University of Queensland Cost

To study at the University of Queensland, international students can take a student loan or get their parents to apply for a loan on their behalf. Apart from the tuition fee, an international student has to consider several other expenses, including accommodation, travel, food, and insurance.

The tuition fee charged by the University of Queensland ranges from 33,000 (17 74 000 INR) to 49,000 AUD (26 35 000 INR). To pursue a graduate program, an international student must pay between 10,000 (5 38, 000 INR) and 43,000 AUD (23, 12, 000 INR).

University of Queensland Scholarships

International students planning to study at the University of Queensland can choose from different scholarships to apply for. One of the scholarships that many Indian students apply for is the Indian Global Leaders Scholarship. This scholarship has been designed for students of Indian origin who want to apply for postgraduate courses offered by the university. The value of this scholarship ranges from 5,000 to 20,000 AUD.

  • The Pharmaceutical Industry Practice Scholarship, valued between 5,000 and 10,000 AUD, is awarded to international students who have not applied for or received any other scholarship. The EAIT International Award can be applied for by international students applying for a full-time course or program offered by the University of Queensland.
  • Another reputed scholarship is the Science International Scholarship. International students who manage to secure this scholarship get a monetary reward of 5,000 AUD, which they can use while pursuing their studies. Both graduate and postgraduate students can avail of this scholarship. However, the program chosen by the student should be approved or offered by the Faculty of Science.

University of Queensland Placements

Most students prefer to study in Australia because they get well-paying job opportunities across different fields and disciplines after completing their course or program at the University of Queensland. The University of Queensland is known for having strong links with leading companies or organizations based in Australia. If a student has done well in their academic program and has the right professional skills, it shouldn’t take long for them to be placed.

The average annual salary offered to students in a particular year could differ from what is provided in another placement season. While the average annual salary offered to a student with software development skills is 57,600 AUD or 32, 40, 000 INR, an electrical engineer can expect to get a package amounting to 75,600 AUD or 42, 53, 000 INR. At 80,000 AUD (42, 75, 000 INR), the average annual salary offered to project engineers is quite high.

Study Abroad
Study in New Zealand
College & Universities
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants