A Complete Overview of the Do's And Don'ts' of The Canadian Student Visa Application

Study Abroad Team 26/08/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Embarking on the journey to pursue higher study in Canada is a dream for countless ambitious Indian students. Top-selected applicants who get to study in prestigious universities in Canada must take the application procedure very seriously and apply for their Canadian student visa on time. 

While the whole procedure can be daunting or tiring, with the correct do's and don'ts, aspirants can ensure that their visa application process is carried out swiftly and without any hassle. It is crucial to follow the necessary steps while applying for an international student visa to avoid any potential pitfalls that might get in the way.  

This article gives a comprehensive guide on applying for a Canadian study visa, some general instructions, and obstacles to avoid. Keep reading ahead to know more.  

What Should You Do while applying for a Canadian Student Visa? 

Start Early: To avoid any complications that might pile up at the last minute and hinder your way to getting a student visa, make sure to apply for your student visa as early as possible.  

Generally, starting your application process 8 to 12 months before your chosen program starts is a sensible option. Applying early for a student visa also gives students the necessary time to secure accommodation and explore scholarships for international students in Canada. 

Collect All the Necessary Documents: To be able to enroll in the best courses in Canada after the 12th, students must make sure that they do not miss any documents while applying for the student visa. Below are the documents that are necessary when it comes to applying for a Canadian student visa. 

  • Valid Passport 

  • Proof of Financial Resources 

  • Acceptance Letter by University  

  • Immigration Medical Examination 

  • Passport Size Photographs  

  • Statement of Purpose 

  • English Language Proficiency Test Scores (e.g., TOEFL and IELTS) 

  • Credit Card (for online applications) 

Provide Accurate Information: While filling out visa applications, students must ensure they provide truthful information. Any false information can result in serious repercussions, such as visa denial or expulsion from Canadian institutions. Therefore, students must prove their credibility by providing honest statements. 

Apply For Student Work Permits for CO-OP Programs: Many Indian students planning to study in Canada enroll themselves in CO-OP programs that allow them to earn while they learn. In such cases, applicants must apply for Canadian work permits that will enable them to apply for jobs.  

Be Updated with Visa and Immigration Regulations: Canadian immigration and student visa regulations are subject to change at regular intervals. Therefore, applicants must keep updated with the latest information and maintain a positive immigration record.

Practice For the Interview: If necessary, students should consider going online and researching some commonly asked questions in an international student visa application interview. This will help them gain the confidence required on the day of the actual interview. Candidates should be clear about their purpose for studying in the country and why they chose Canada as a study-abroad destination. 

Clear All the Necessary Medical Examinations: The Canadian government requires Indian students to undergo specific medical examinations. Aspirants must ensure they are proactive in clearing such examinations as early as possible to avoid delays in visa application processing.  

Join top courses abroad, connect with Neelaruns Institute Of Confidence - ONLINE CLASSES

Keep Track of Application Status: After submitting the student visa application, applicants should keep track of their application status from time to time and monitor its progress. This will help them submit any documents the authorities require midway through the application process. 

Things to Avoid While Applying for a Canadian Student Visa 

Besides following some necessary instructions, applicants must also look out for some hurdles that might come their way, as discussed below.  

Do Not Submit False Documents: Forged documents submitted by students can have serious legal consequences, like being banned in the country. Students must make sure that they submit truthful information and honest documents to avoid any serious repercussions.  

Do Not Be Lethargic About Visa Authority Calls: Students must ensure they do not miss any calls, emails, or text messages from Canadian visa authorities. Doing so can result in miscommunication and unexpected delays in visa confirmations.  

Do Not Submit Incomplete Documents: Students must never submit incomplete documents when applying for a student visa to Canada. Providing insufficient documents can result in visa rejection from the immigration authorities.  

Do Not Disclose Your PR Plans After Graduation: Students are advised not to disclose their plans for permanent residence in Canada during the interview, if there are any. Aspirants must respect the student visa regulations and identify its purpose as a temporary stay in Canada to pursue higher education.  

Do Not Lose Hope in Case of Rejection: Applicants must ensure they do not lose hope in case of visa rejection. Students are advised to identify the root cause of rejection, make remedies, and re-apply for the student visa.  

Recent Regulations for Indian Students Applying for a Canadian Visa 

In the past few years, few regulations have been made by the government regarding applications for Canadian student visa applications. Some of these regulations are explained below briefly.  

Biometrics Compulsion: In 2021, the Canadian government required all international students to undergo biometric procedures to ensure a safer and more secure immigration process.`

Introduction of New Pathways for Permanent Residence: The Canadian government has recently provided new opportunities for Indian students to receive a Canada PR after study. This has enabled aspirants and students already in Canada to gain a PR quickly and smoothly.  

Introduction of Two-step Student Visa Application: The Canadian government has introduced a new two-step application process. Indian students must now submit a letter of acceptance from a designated university to apply for a student visa.  

Distant Learning Programs: Since COVID-19, Canadian universities have offered distance learning online classes for international students waiting for visa confirmation. This will help students start their studies instantly without delaying their program schedule.

Study Abroad
Study in Canada
StudyinCanada
Visaapplication
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 186 Answers - 192
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants