Education System in Canada: A Student Friendly Destination For Indian Students

Study Abroad Team 28/08/2023
7 Mins Read

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The West is well known for its liberal education environment. Regarding Canada, students can expect nothing short of a progressive, interactive, and pro-learning study environment in any University in Canada.

 If a student's focus has always been to learn more independently, Canada is one of the best places for him/her. Undoubtedly, the top Universities in France, Italy, Norway, the UK, the USA, and more also offer a friendly and growth-nurturing education environment. 

The list of top Universities in Canada remains long, and the geographic regions they cover are sprawling. Indian students will find the Canadian culture to be quite flexible and accommodating. 

Similarly, Canadian Universities boast a pro-exchange, pro-learning environment where the students' inquisitive senses are nourished daily. The following aspects make the study environment in Canadian Universities particularly suitable for Indian students.  

  • High-quality, flexible education
  • Friendly student-teacher interactions
  • Multiple research opportunities
  • Highly qualified, experienced, and helpful guides, mentors, and educators
  • Enriching campus life full of activities, seminars, workshops, and more
  • Inclusive and safe environment 

People come from every corner of the world to Canada to study, work, and live. This mixture of cultures, ethnicities, languages, and traditions makes Canada a place of adaptive education. As foreign students, Indian pupils will never feel secluded, alienated, or discriminated against, given the demographic variety of the country. 

Here is a list of the best cities and the top Universities in Canada for Masters that are ideal for foreign students.

Montreal

  • Universite de Montreal
  • HEC Montreal 
  • McGill University
  • Saint Laurent Cegep
  • Concordia University
  • Polytechnique Montreal

Toronto

  • University of Toronto
  • Ryerson University
  • York University
  • University of Waterloo
  • Trent University
  • OCAD University 

Vancouver

  • Simon Fraser University
  • Vancouver Island University
  • The University of Canada West
  • University of British Columbia

Ottawa

  • University of Ottawa 
  • Ottawa University
  • Carleton University
  • Dominican University
  • Saint Paul University

Quebec

  • Université du Québec
  • Université Laval

For those looking for top courses in masters in Canada for Indian students, there remain several alternatives. Language proficiency criteria vary from one institution to another in Canada, just like any other University in UK or America. Therefore, make sure to check the eligibility criteria of each University carefully before applying.

Regarding the environment, The Canadian cities mentioned above have the following facilities that make these places ideal for Indian students. 

  • Cosmopolitan culture
  • Reasonable living costs
  • Ample opportunities to engage in part-time jobs
  • Low crime rates that ensure a safe stay
  • Developed and frequent transportation facilities for smooth communication

List of Tier-1 Canadian Universities for International Students after High School 

Canada is home to a bunch of top-ranking universities. No matter the domain of studies a student selects, he/she will always find an adequate number of top-ranking colleges and universities in Canada to pursue higher studies. From history to anthropology, from natural sciences to engineering, they will find Universities with good subject rankings. 

Also, these universities offer courses such as undergraduate programs, postgraduate programs, and doctoral programs under several disciplines. If any student is looking for cost-effective options to study abroad, he/she can look for scholarships available with these universities. The top Canadian universities offer various scholarships to foreign students in different subjects. 

  • University of Toronto
  • University of British Columbia
  • McGill University
  • University of Alberta
  • McMaster University
  • Universite de Montreal
  • University of Calgary
  • University of Waterloo
  • University of Ottawa
  • Western University (University of Western Ontario)
  • Dalhousie University
  • Simon Fraser University
  • University of Victoria
  • University of Manitoba
  • Laval University
  • York University
  • Queens University
  • University of Saskatchewan
  • University of Guelph
  • Carleton University
  • Concordia University
  • Memorial University Newfoundland
  • University Of Quebec Montreal 0
  • University of Sherbrooke
  • University of Regina
  • Ontario Tech University
  • University of New Brunswick
  • University of Windsor
  • Wilfrid Laurier University
  • Lakehead University
  • Brick University
  • Toronto Metropolitan University
  • Trent University
  • University of Prince Edward Island

The above list includes only a few names. Canada has several more universities that students can join to commence their next level of education. Right after graduation or 12th from a recognized institution, start looking for the best Universities in the UK for master's or undergraduate courses.

The location distribution of these Universities remains widely diverse. From the Eastern to far-off Western boundaries, top Universities line through the vast landmass of Canada. 

If any student plans to continue his/her studies at a University in USA or Canada, start preparing earlier. From amassing information to preparing for the language proficiency tests, securing admission to any top college in Canada needs strategic planning. 

If students find the procedure overwhelmingly complex, they should contact professional consultancies that could help make their dreams come true. An aspirant's dream to study abroad remains the sole focus of these professionals. Be it the Sweden universities, or Denmark Universities, the professionals can help the aspirants receive admission confirmation emails from several Universities of their choice.  

How to Apply for Canadian Universities: Effective Steps to Follow 

1. Meet Every Requirement 

  • Get to know about the rules of the Canadian student visa process. 
  • Students should prepare to get the Canadian study permit well in advance
  • Keep the passport updated, 
  • Prepare to get a language proficiency certificate for French or English
  • Students will need proof of passing IELTS, TOEFL, etc., with a fair grade band
  • They will also have to provide the University with proof of their financial capacity to continue their studies unless they are pursuing a fully funded course

2. Find A University and Pick a Course 

Once the documents and preparations are ready, it is time to shortlist the best Universities and the courses that best suit the student's Interest.

3. Language Proficiency Requirements 

Some Universities in Canada will ask for IELTS or TOEFL bands while the rest will not. The Canadian university IELTS requirements vary from one to another. In some, the band a student needs to secure to apply is 7-8; in others, it could be 6-7 or even lower. 

4. Application Begins 

Once a student has the list of universities ready, he/she can start applying to each.

5. Study Permit 

Once an aspirant gets an acceptance letter from one or a few of these Universities, he/she can apply for a study permit in Canada. Without the acceptance letter, they can't get one.

6. Final Steps 

  • Get Canadian health insurance. The amount could be different for different provinces. 
  • After getting the acceptance letter from any University, students should apply for a student visa. 
  • Aspirants can buy an airplane ticket after the visa gets confirmed. 

The entire process of applying to any University in Canada may seem complicated but becomes easier when the aspirants follow the steps meticulously. Alternatively, they can also take the help of professional consultancies that help students study abroad. 

This way they can be sure they won't miss out on any critical step while applying to any university. Additionally, the experts of these firms can also help the students pick the best Universities and courses. They can get information about scholarships, special benefits, the visa application process, etc., from these professionals without much hassle.  

Pro Tip: While aspirants should follow all these steps carefully, they should always be particular about applying to multiple Universities. This will increase the probability of getting accepted by a Canadian University multiple notches.  

Do not apply to one or two Universities. Try to keep at least seven to eight on the list. This list should include Universities that need IELTS scores and institutions that do not need language proficiency test scores. 

Education System in Canada: A Student Friendly Destination For Indian Students

Value For Money: Affordable Undergraduate Courses for International Students  

The cost of studying abroad remains one of the concerns for the aspirants intending to go to Canada for higher studies. Students looking for low-cost MBA courses in Canada can check the fee structure of the Universities carefully. 

However, every University in Canada offers excellent education with outstanding job opportunities after completing the courses. Therefore, the money an aspirant invests in his/her studies abroad does not get wasted at any time. They can also look for courses where partial or full funding is available. 

Get in touch with the best consultancies to plan to study in Canada. The experts can help students find colleges and Universities with fair scholarship options. These professionals may help the students find the cheapest University in UK. 

Here is a list of top universities in Canada that offer cheap undergraduate courses. 

  • University of Calgary
  • University of Manitoba
  • University of Guelph
  • University of Saskatchewan
  • Bow Valley College
  • Memorial University of Newfoundland
  • Humber College
  • Northern Lights College
  • Algonquin College
  • Conestoga College

Students looking for affordable options to study abroad can also check the best Universities in New Zealand. However, if attending a university in Canada is one's dream, he/she can undoubtedly pick one from the list or discuss the matter with experienced professionals. 

With so many Universities offering UG, PG and Doctoral courses in multiple disciplines, finding a course that suits one's field of interest has become easy. Students just have to be persistent in their efforts and relentless in their persuasions. Their determination, clubbed with the dedication and expertise of the study abroad consultancies, can make one's dream of studying in Canada a reality. 

Study Abroad
Destination Country
Study in Canada
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants