Exploring Arts and Humanities Courses in Canada

Study Abroad Team 02/08/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Top Universities in Canada Offering Arts and Humanities Courses

Canada is an excellent choice for students who wish to pursue Arts and Humanities courses. Not only does the country offer a vibrant and multicultural lifestyle, but it also offers several educational opportunities, including those in Arts and Humanities. Some of the top universities in Canada that offer Arts and Humanities are as follows:

The University of Toronto 

Faculty for Arts and Humanities at this university is research-oriented and intensive. Under this branch, students can choose from over 80 courses to study. They are made to study all aspects of human culture, including architecture, fine arts, religion, history, classics, religion, philosophy, literature, and language. It is a university with connections and networks spread throughout the world's industries.

McGill University

This university is another of the top universities in Canada, with over 9000 students. It has many Arts and Humanities courses, including ones in Anthropology, Classical Studies, History, Political Science, and Philosophy. These departments offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well.

There are also opportunities for students to combine liberal arts studies with other disciplines. Liberal arts students are taught how to communicate and think critically and effectively, and this is done in more than one language.

University of British Columbia

This university is another important part of the offerings for Arts and Humanities students in Canada. It offers 6 undergraduate options: Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Media Studies, and Bachelor of International Economics. It is also possible for a student to take on a dual program where two options can be clubbed together.

The faculty is excellent and offers students the chance to get hands-on experience through community engagement, work experience, research opportunities, and international travel.

University of Montreal

The university has quite a few options available for Arts and Humanities students with the department of philosophy being one of the most talked about.

OCAD University

This university offers excellent courses in visual arts and design. It is known for producing some of the best designers and artists who are extremely good in the arts field. Thousands of candidates come to Canada each year, dreaming of becoming great artists in their respective fields, primarily because of this university. The university offers a lot in terms of creativity and expression.

What are the Arts and Humanities Courses Available in Canada?

Many Arts and Humanities courses are available in Canada for domestic and international students. Here’s a breakdown:

  • Certificate and Diploma Degrees
  • Community, Family, and Child Studies
  • Educational Leadership Studies
  • Interactive Media Management
  • Social Media
  • Public Relations – Corporate Communications
  • Bachelor Degrees
  • Bachelor of Arts (Sociology)
  • Economics
  • History
  • English
  • Linguistics
  • Psychology
  • Geology
  • Political science
  • Master’s Degrees
  • Anthropology
  • Early Childhood Education
  • English
  • Drama, Theatre, and Performance Studies
  • Fine Arts
  • French Language and Literature

Diplomas and Certifications in Arts and Humanities Available in Canada

Not every candidate who wants to study Arts and Humanities in Canada will want to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree course. Some will want to go for a diploma one a certification. Such a program will be anything between 6 months to 2 years.

Such a course is great for candidates who wish to add to their degrees. Certifications offer candidates an opportunity to not just learn more but also become more employable. They are offered by many universities in Canada, including McGill University, McMaster University, University of Victoria, Northern Lights College, St Lawrence College, Concordia University, and Dalhousie University.

Eligibility and Documents Required for Arts and Humanities Courses in Canada

If a candidate wants to apply for Arts and Humanities courses in Canada, knowing the eligibility for said subjects is necessary. This is different for different degrees.

Eligibility for Bachelor’s Degree in Arts

Such a program will be 3 or 4 years long and is a full-time course that more than 125 universities offer. The eligibility for such courses will usually be a 12th standard pass certificate with at least 50% scores in Arts subjects. There will also be English proficiency test scores which may be IELTS or TOEFL. There may be slight eligibility variations depending on the particular course, and university one has applied to.

Eligibility Requirements for Master’s Degree

Master’s courses in Canada will usually be one or two years and is a full-time mode of study. The eligibility criteria will differ for different streams and universities, but some things are in common. The candidate must have at least 16 years of education. This means they must have studied in school and have a Master’s degree. They must also have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their Bachelor’s course. There will also be a requirement to get a good score on an English language proficiency test.

Documents Necessary

Documents are critical if one wants to pursue an educational degree in Canada. This also holds true for Arts and Humanities courses, be it in Bachelor’s Masters or Certification programs. Collecting these documents well before time flies into the country is a good thing to do. Some of the documents required are:

Marksheets: All mark sheets of relevant education records are crucial. If there are transcripts, those will be required as well.

English Proficiency Tests: Canada is an English-speaking country; therefore, English proficiency test results are necessary. Taking at least one of the tests and keeping the scores for submitting to university authorities is important.

Proof of Funds: Higher education in a foreign land requires money. That is why candidates must submit their proof of funds, which are bank account statements and others. Candidates must prove they have enough funds to cover their first year of study and stay. This is not just tuition fees but also travel, books, and living expenses.

Resume: The resume should have all updated educational experience and work experience if any.

Educational Credential Assessment: This showcases that a foreign degree equals a Canadian degree.

Letter of Recommendation: This is extremely important if one wants to get admitted to a prestigious college or university in Canada. The more the beet. Such LORs help the college assessment committee understand whether the candidate fits the course in question.

Statement of Purpose: This informative statement contains knowledge about the candidate and their mission. It is an important part of admission procedures when entering a foreign university.

Job Opportunities for Arts and Humanities Courses in Canada

There are many job opportunities for Arts and Humanities courses in Canada. With diverse skill sets in position, such degree holders are known for their writing and communication skills. There are careers in the oil and gas sector and varied industries such as forestry, mining, journalism, tech, and communication.

Looking for jobs in the larger urban areas is a good idea because these industries flourish in such areas. There’s room in advertising, media, film, publishing, and broadcasting. There are career scopes in other countries as well.

Study Abroad
Study in Canada
StudyinCanada
StudyAbroad
coursesandprograms
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants