Scholarships For Master in Data Science in Canada: Unlock Funding Opportunities

Study Abroad Team 09/01/2024
2 Mins Read

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Is Doing a Master's in Data Science Worthwhile?

While having a Master's in Data Science is not necessary to get a job in the sector, it can propel the way to success. With its push towards advanced technical skills and knowledge, the sector is great to be in and is future-ready. Doing a Master's may also require significant time and money; therefore, making a decision might require some consideration.

Better Job Roles

No one can deny that a Master's in Data Science can fetch better job roles and more advanced job prospects. One will qualify for roles that require more in-depth knowledge.

High in Demand

Having a Master's in the subject means one will be more in demand in the job market. The demand for Data Scientists is at an all-time high and is set to grow in the coming years. 

Better Credentials

When looking for a job, a Master's degree is certainly of greater weight than just a graduate degree. It shows the recruiter that a candidate has expended more energy and effort to sharpen their Data Science knowledge.

Expansion of Network

Getting a Master's in Data Science from a top university can expand the network, which will pave the way for improved job opportunities in the country or abroad.As such, getting a Master's in Data Science can be a step toward a bright future.

Doing a Master's in Data Science in Canada: Advantages

An Indian student looking to pursue higher education from abroad may have many choices in terms of degrees, courses, and countries. Canada is a marvelous choice for those who wish to make a life for themselves and get a degree that makes it all come true. Here's why it is a great choice to do a Master's in this particular subject:

Comprehensive Course:

The Master's programs for Data Science in the top colleges of Canada are very comprehensive. There will not just be theoretical knowledge dispersed to students, but there will also be a plethora of practical insight. Overall, it will be a course aimed at giving a comprehensive learning experience to future Data Scientists.

Good standard of Living:

Canada has a high education and living standard, making it a great choice to do one's Master's from there.

In-Demand Job Opportunities:

Getting a Master's in such an in-demand subject from Canada can get a student several high-paying job opportunities. Landing a job in Canada right after completing the program is quite possible.

Top Sectors:

The digital boom is real and is here to stay for the future. Data science is a subject with many takers, and a Master's degree holder will be able to get a lot of job scope.

Cost of Studying Master's Degree in Canada

For an international student planning to get a Master's degree in Canadian Data Science, there are 3 costs to factor in. All of them are explained below:

Pre-Arrival Costs:

This includes money spent on the Visa application process and college application and admission. While there are fixed fees for applying for Student Visa in Canada, the college application process can be expensive. One will probably have to apply to more than one university, meaning fees have to be paid to apply to every single one. There are also travel costs to consider, including airfare to reach Canada.

Tuition Fees: 

Doing a Master's program in Data science in Canada will cost between $10,000 to $33,000. 

Living Costs:

As an international student in Canada, the living costs can be higher. There will be accommodation one has to pay for, and also food and drinks. Students will also have to pay for books, study materials, and transportation. In all this, accommodation will cost the most.

Doing one's Master's in a country like Canada is beneficial, but it can cost much more than studying in one's domestic country. 

Scholarships for Master's in Data Science in Canada

There are ample opportunities to get scholarships to study Master's in Data Science in Canada. Here's a look at them.

HEC Montreal

This organization offers a variety of scholarships to both domestic and international students. More than $1.6 million is awarded yearly scholarships to deserving candidates.

Entrance Scholarships

Worth between $2000 and $4000, these scholarships are given to the top students in the Master's program depending on their scores during admission. The good news is, students don't have to apply, they are notified by email.

Research Grants

Worth between $15,000 to $17,500, these are given to deserving candidates who want to pursue their Masters.

Differential Tuition Fee Exemption

Students who come to the province to do their Master's are exempt from differential tuition fees if they belong to one of the 40 countries the Quebec government has agreements with.

University of British Columbia

This top university in Canada is a den for Data Science students and offers an excellent Master's program. Specifically, a scholarship is available for this program and it offers CAD 25,000 to one international student. The student has to have excellent educational credentials and must have showcased leadership achievements in their previous educational background or work track record.

University of Waterloo

This top university in Canada offers scholarships of a limited number to students and they are awarded at the time of admission. Instead of the student having to do something, they get notified by email that they have been selected.

Some of the other scholarships to try for are:

  • Hani Zeini Scholarship. ...
  • University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships.
  • Humber International Entrance Scholarship
  • Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
  • Ontario Graduate Scholarships

Applying for Scholarship Opportunities in Canada

With international students making a beeline for Canadian soil because of the fantastic opportunities there, scholarships are an important point of discussion. Here are a few things to know about applying for a scholarship to study Master in Data Science.

Application:

Getting a scholarship to study Master's in Canada will start when one gets admitted to a university there. This way the student has ample time to shortlist all scholarships and apply for those for which they are eligible.

Information:

The best way to know the details is to go to the website of the particular scholarship program or university awarding the scholarship or call a representative.

Documentation:

As with anything else, documentation is extremely important, and keeping a few documents ready at the start of the scholarship process is an excellent idea. Here are some of the documents students are going to require:

  • Application form proving admission to a university in Canada
  • Letter of Acceptance to the university
  • Certificate proving eligibility for the scholarship
  • Academic transcripts
  • Statement of Intent talks about why the particular scholarship should be awarded to the student
  • Scores of aptitude tests
  • English language proficiency test scores

Time:

This is different for different scholarships. So if a student is eligible for a particular scholarship, it is necessary to look up information online on the concerned websites for deadliness.

Data Science Career Opportunities

Getting a scholarship for doing a Master's in Data Science from a top Canadian university is a dream come true for most international students. Data Science as a sector will see a lot of growth in the coming years, which is good news for students pursuing the subject. Here are some of the reasons why Canada is an excellent destination for a career as a Data Scientist:

  • A 14% job growth rate is expected in Canada for this profession
  • Very good mandatory employee benefits
  • Can immigrate to Canada and become a permanent resident in the country
  • Good job opportunities in the sector in almost all provinces and territories.

Canada is considered one of the best countries to live and work in the world. With a high GDP, its economy is set to grow, especially in sectors like technology. The country has faced chronic shortages in the workforce for years, so it has a policy of welcoming people from foreign countries to join their workforce. The aging population means there are always job vacancies available.

With a Master's in Data Science, knowledge of advanced analytics technologies, and machine learning, a candidate will be equipped to take on the IT world. Some provinces will pay better than others. Nova Scotia, Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario have more high-paying job roles for Data Scientists.

Final Words

Canada is the perfect place to study and make a living as an international candidate wishing to pursue a career in Data Science. This growing field is highly lucrative and is made for the future when the tech will become all the more important. Getting equipped with the right knowledge about funding opportunities and scholarships in Canada will pave the way for a lesser financial burden.

Study Abroad
Study in Canada
#studyabroad
#scholarships&loans
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants