Study Business in Canada: Admissions, Requirements, Courses, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 05/04/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Highlights About the Business Course in Canada 

A sound foundation in business ideas and practices can be developed with BBA and MBA degrees. These degrees are created for those aiming to work in business, management, and related fields. Businesses drive economies, and skilled professionals will always be in high demand. 

Canada is a popular study-abroad destination for Indian students, as more than 25 Canadian B-schools rank at the top. The average duration of business and management courses in Canada ranges from nine months to four years. A large percentage of Canadian B-schools offer co-op programs, too. 

Why Study Business Courses in Canada?

One of the primary reasons to pursue business management programs is the diversity of courses. Students can also enroll in specialized programs like finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, etc. The business management courses in Canada have a unique curriculum that appeals to the aspirants. 

The curriculum in B-schools is designed to offer students a thorough understanding of the business functions. Moreover, Canada is among the top three countries that offer high-quality business and management programs.  

Types of Courses to Study in Canada

Aspirants can choose from various specializations like finance, marketing, international business, etc. Here are the types of business and management degrees that Indian students should know. 

Bachelor's in Business and Management 

A bachelor's degree in business from a Canadian institution offers a robust foundation to students. Most of these programs have a well-rounded curriculum that features core business courses. Canadian universities offer bachelor's degrees in accounting, marketing, finance, management, etc. The average course duration of undergraduate business programs is four years. The course fees range from CAD 20,000 to CAD 60,000. 

Master's in Business and Management 

The Canadian B-schools offer various Masters programs in business and management to cater to different goals. The most common postgraduate courses in business and management programs are MBA, Master of Management, and specialized Masters programs. Here are the business and management programs offered by the Canadian institutions. 

  • Master's in Business Analytics 
  • Master's in International Business 
  • MBA in Finance 
  • MBA in Supply Chain Management 
  • Master's in Resource Management 

The average course duration of pursuing a Master's in business and management is one to two years. The course fees for pursuing an MBA in Canada range from CAD 40,000 to CAD 80,000. 

PhD in Business and Management 

Canada's Ph.D. programs in business and management offer an unparalleled opportunity for extensive research and advanced studies. Indian students have to collaborate closely with their teachers to develop research programs and conduct research. The duration of a Ph.D. degree in business and management is five years.  

List of Universities Offering Business Courses 

Here is the list of popular universities offering business and management programs in Canada. 

  • University of Toronto 
  • University of British Columbia 
  • McGill University 
  • University of Alberta 
  • University of Montreal 
  • University of Waterloo 

Admission Process to Study Business Course in Canada

Undergraduate students should submit their high school transcripts during admission. Undergraduate applicants should secure 6.5 in IELTS and 100 in TOEFL for selection. Universities may demand letters of recommendation from the aspirants. 

Indian students aspiring to pursue postgraduate business and management courses should appear for the GRE and GMAT exams. Moreover, suitable work experience is also required for postgraduate students. All these management programs require students to obtain English proficiency scores.   

Eligibility Criteria

For Indian students who aspire to study business management courses in Canada for a bachelor's degree, completing a high school education is necessary. Students should submit their respective high school transcripts. It is also essential for non-native English speakers to submit their proof of English proficiency by taking the test. 

For Indian students aspiring to pursue postgraduate courses, securing a score of 7 on IELTS and 100 on TOEFL is crucial. It is also essential for students to submit their GRE and GMAT scores while applying for business and management programs. Aspirants should also submit their SOP during admission.  

Documents Required

Listed are the documents required for pursuing business and management programs in Canada. 

  • SOP 
  • Letter of Recommendation 
  • Academic Transcripts 
  • IELTS/TOEFL 
  • GRE/GMAT 

Proficiency Test

French and English are the official languages of Canada. Applicants must meet the English language criteria requiring submitting scores from English language tests. While the IELTS is the most popular English exam, non-native speakers should appear for Duolingo, TOEFL, and PTE. 

Indian students applying to universities located in Quebec should have a good command of the French language. TEF and TEFAQ are the common French language proficiency tests in Canada. 

Visa Process

In Canada, student visas are commonly referred to as study permits. The study permit of Indian students allows them to stay in Canada. However, one also needs an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter the country. After the study permit has been approved, students will receive the eTA automatically.  

Cost of Business Course in Canada

1. Tuition Fees

The tuition fees for undergraduate business and management degrees are CAD 20000 to CAD 60000. On the other hand, the fees for a Master's in business and management programs are CAD 40000 to CAD 80000. The tuition fees for PhD aspirants range from CAD 6000 to CAD 15000. 

2. Cost of Living

Here are the monthly expenses of living in Canada for Indian students.  

  • Accommodation – $400 to $700
  • Food – $400
  • Travel – $110
  •  Utilities (Internet, Heating, Cooling) – $170 

Scholarships for Business Courses in Canada

Scholarships Offered by Universities 

Most Canadian universities offer scholarships for international students enrolling in business and management degrees. 

Government Scholarships 

The federal government of Canada offers fellowships and scholarships for international students pursuing business and management programs. 

Career/Job Opportunities

Following are the common job opportunities that Indian students with a management degree can pursue in Canada. 

  • Supply Chain Manager 
  • Business Analyst 
  • Financial Manager 
  • Human Resources manager 
  • Financial Analyst 

FAQs: 

1. Why Should Indian Students Choose Business Management Courses?

The business management degrees offer a wide variety of career paths to Indian students.  

2. What is the Average Salary of a Business Management Graduate in Canada?

The average salary for business management graduates is approximately CAD 110,197 annually. 

3. Are English Proficiency Tests Necessary to Study in Canada?

It is mandatory for aspirants to appear for English proficiency tests and submit their grades to the university.

4. Is the Visa Application Process Hassle-Free for Students?

Applying for a Canadian student visa is a hassle-free process. However, aspirants must have the right documents with them during the application.  

5. When is the Appropriate Time to Apply for Business Management Courses?

Students can apply for business management courses in Canada in all three intakes.

Study Abroad
Study in Canada
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants