Universities to Consider for Post-Graduation Degrees in Canada

Study Abroad Team 02/08/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

It is a well-acknowledged fact that having a post-graduation degree dramatically increases an individual's chance of getting a good job. When an individual with a post-graduation degree and a graduate is vying for the same job, there is a greater chance of the former getting the job.

Every year, a large number of Indian students go abroad to pursue a course or do their masters after completing their graduation. For a lot of these students, Canada emerges as the top country for doing a post-graduation course. The country has several reputed universities that offer post-graduation programs in different disciplines.

There are several advantages of doing a post-graduation course in Canada. Canada is widely known for being a diverse country. Doing a post-graduation course in Canada offers students a global perspective and prepares them for the job market. Here are some of the best universities to consider for post-graduation degrees in Canada:

University of Toronto

The University of Toronto offers students more than 1,000 academic courses or programs. This is one of the reasons why it attracts a large number of international students interested in pursuing their post-graduation courses. The university has three sprawling campuses and well-structured research and academic facilities.

Studying at the University of Toronto is a perfect option for international students who plan to study a discipline involving significant research. Students can find accommodation in one of the campus residences. The University of Toronto assumes the 34th position on the OQ Works University Rankings.

Centennial College

For doing a post-graduation degree in Canada, Centennial College proves to be one of the best options. The educational institution remains focused on imparting skills-based education to its students. After getting a post-graduation degree from Centennial College, students can be sure about getting good career opportunities.

The college was established in 1966 and is known for offering students a wide range of post-graduation programs. The college keeps upgrading itself in every possible manner, giving it an edge over others. Some of the programs introduced in the college recently are cybersecurity, food media, child and youth care, and food tourism.

McMaster University

McMaster University is one of those universities which international students interested in doing a post-graduation course in medicine, business, or engineering can consider. When it comes to universities in Canada that put a lot of emphasis on research and innovation, McMaster University tops the list.

The university has more than 1,400 faculty members. That itself gives one an idea of how vast the university is. The cost of a post-graduation course or program for an Indian student in the university would depend on the student's area of specialization. For an MBA, an Indian student must pay around INR 28,00,000. A Master of Engineering program would cost around INR 8,00,000.

University of Waterloo

On average, a post-graduation program at the University of Waterloo costs around $35,000 CAD. One of the most significant benefits of studying at the university is that students can get customized structured programs so that it becomes easier for them to study them. They can reach out to educational experts in the university and tell them how they wish to approach a program.

Waterloo is known for being a city that is filled with students. A large number of these students are the ones doing their post-graduation at the University of Waterloo. The university offers students more than 250 clubs along with several athletic leagues. While doing their post-graduation course, students can participate in extra-curricular activities and work towards enhancing many of their skills.

Confederation College

Confederation College was established in 1967, and since then, it has been strengthening its reputation as an institution that offers high-quality education to local and international students. To date, the college has hosted international students arriving from more than 65 countries.

The university is divided into three academic schools: the School of Aviation, Engineering Technology & Trades, the School of Health & Community Services, and the School of Business, Hospitality & Media Arts. Under 11 program areas, 65 programs are offered. Therefore, International students planning to undergo a post-graduation program get a lot to choose from.

University of Calgary

The University of Calgary has often been described as one of Canada's 'entrepreneurial universities.' The reason behind it is that many students who have passed out of this institution have made a name for themselves as entrepreneurs. The achievement of its students in professional draw many Indian students towards this university.

Though established in 1966, the University of Calgary has constantly moved ahead with time. It has 5 sprawling campuses and boasts highly modern facilities. Some sought-after programs at the University of Calgary are petroleum engineering, veterinary science, hospitality and leisure management, and anatomy and physiology.

McGill University

Indian students with a keen interest in science and planning to get a post-graduation degree should consider applying to McGill University. Besides encouraging students to engage in extensive research, the faculty members also push them toward developing innovative techniques in their field of study.

The campus is known for its vibrant energy and solid infrastructure. Apart from regular courses, students also get to choose from various new-age courses like green chemistry and biodiversity science. As a city, Montreal is known to be multilingual and multicultural. International students, therefore, will be able to pursue a post-graduation program at the university easily.

George Brown College

Apart from offering various undergraduate courses, George Brown College also has many programs to choose from at post-graduate levels. The college is divided into 7 different centers offering specialized courses in arts, business, design and information technology, construction and engineering technology, community service and early childhood, preparatory and liberal studies, culinary arts, hospitality, and health sciences.

For a post-graduation course at George Brown College, an Indian student should be willing to spend between CAD$ 15,000 and CAD$ 24,000. The college also offers residential facilities for the students. The in-campus residences have all modern amenities and facilities, including television, Wi-Fi, study space, relaxation area, and games room.

Algonquin College

In every class or batch of Algonquin College, only a handful of students study together. Therefore, this college is a perfect option for those who want to go through their post-graduation course in a focused manner. Being a part of a small group would also help international students make friends faster.

The college has three well-structured campuses, all of which are in Ontario. When the college system of Ontario was set up in 1967, Algonquin College was one of the first educational institutions to be established. From arts to technology, the college caters to students wanting to do post-graduation courses in different disciplines.

University of British Columbia

The University of British Columbia, or UBC, is one of the best universities in Canada for doing a post-graduation program. The university has as many as twenty colleges under it. Not just that, it also has strong associations with several reputed organizations in Canada. The university, therefore, is greatly preferred by international students who wish to get good placement opportunities after completing their post-graduation studies.

UBC has highly qualified faculty members who guide students well on the career path they should opt for. Apart from receiving high-quality education, students can also look forward to receiving good counseling while studying at UBC. After completing their post-graduation course, many international students got good jobs and settled in Canada.

Study Abroad
Study in Canada
StudyinCanada
Colleges&Universities
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants