Mechanical Engineering in Denmark -

Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 05/02/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Mechanical engineering involves the study of physics, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. This can be applied to machines, robotics, and even vehicles.

Highlights About Mechanical Engineering in Denmark

Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering studies involve developing a foundation for understanding thermodynamics, mechanics, dynamics, and electronics to study in Denmark. At the same time, a postgraduate degree in mechanical engineering combines interdisciplinary studies. It also involves improving mechanical and thermal devices using analysis and computer-aided design.

Why Study Mechanical Engineering in Denmark?

Denmark welcomes students who are passionate about machines and creating them. Students learn to develop new tools to make challenges easier in various industries. 

Denmark has a world-class education system with small class strengths, so students can focus better. Over 90% of the Danish population speaks English, so the language barrier is not a problem for international students.

Types of Courses Mechanical Engineering in Denmark

Denmark offers the following Master's programs in Mechanical Engineering:

  • MSc in Mechanical Engineering
  • MSc in Thermal Energy and Processing Engineering
  • Master in Electro-Mechanical Systems Design

When it comes to a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Denmark offers the following programs:

  • BSc. In Engineering-Mechatronics
  • B.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering
  • BSc. In Engineering-Mechanical

List of Universities Offering Mechanical Engineering Programs in Denmark

1. Technical University of Denmark (DTU) offers an MSc in Mechanical Engineering. They aim to train students to participate in the development of new and better solutions based on the laws of mechanics. The study program allows students to apply systematic engineering design methods and advanced mathematical models.

2. Aalborg University- This university also offers an MSc in Mechanical Engineering. Students learn to design, develop, and realize new products and production systems. Students can choose from three specializations: Design of Mechanical Systems, Electro-Mechanical System Design, and Manufacturing Technology.

3. University of Copenhagen- This university offers a Bachelor's in Machine Learning and Data Science program. Students are trained to analyze society's growing amounts of data and translate them into future solutions by making computers. The education gives students a solid theoretical foundation in statistics, mathematics, and computer science.

4. Aarhus University- This university offers an MSc in Mechanical Engineering. It allows students to apply theory to practical issues, with scope for interdisciplinary collaboration. Their semesters have specializations in structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, dynamics, fracture, composites, and thermal machinery.

5. University of Southern Denmark- The Department of Mechanical Engineering trains students at Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD levels to be experts in mechanics. Their program includes structural dynamics, multiphysics simulation and optimization, fluid mechanics, materials technology, and maritime technology.

Admission Process

Applicants wishing to study mechanical engineering must take an entrance exam with a score of at least 6.0. They must also have qualifications in Danish, English, and Mathematics. 

For admission to a Master's program in Mechanical Engineering, applicants need to have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.

  • Mathematics- calculus, linear algebra, vector calculus, differential equations, numerical methods
  • Physics- statics and dynamics of particles and rigid bodies, analytical mechanics, mechanical vibrations, thermodynamics
  • Mechanical Engineering- machine design, machine elements, mechanical actuation and control/regulation, measurement techniques and statistics
  • Solid Mechanics- strength of materials, theory of elasticity, finite element modeling
  • Materials and Manufacturing- engineering materials, material selection, manufacturing, processing analysis

Eligibility Criteria

Students need to verify and submit confirmation of their English proficiency test and academic transcripts. 

Documents Required

Document submission is essential during the admission and visa process. If there is any discrepancy in the documents, the Embassy/ Consulate may call applicants for an interview. The documents are:

  • Bank Statement
  • Unconditional offer letter
  • Passport
  • Academic Transcripts
  • Health Insurance Card

Proficiency Test

Applicants need to prove that their English level is equivalent to level B (Danish level) in English for programs that are taught in English. They can take any of these exams equivalent to Danish B level.

  • IELTS- 6.5 minimum score
  • ECPE
  • Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)- 180/ Grade C
  • TOEFL (internet-based)- 85 minimum score

Visa Process

Non-EU/EEA need a Danish residence permit through an ST1 application. Before students access the ST1 form, they must create a Case Order ID and pay the processing fee. Then, applicants must submit all pages of their scanned passport and biometrics.

Cost of Mechanical Engineering Programs in Denmark

1. Tuition Fees- Along with the application fee, students must pay tuition fees of about INR 14,00,000 per year.

2. Cost of Living- Students' monthly cost of living in Denmark is roughly around INR 79,000 per month.

Scholarships to Study Mechanical Engineering in Denmark

The Danish State Scholarships offers fee waivers to many universities in Denmark. The University of Southern Denmark also offers limited scholarships through the Danish Government Scholarship program.

Job Opportunities after completing Mechanical Engineering in Denmark

Mechanical Engineering graduates can work in a wide range of fields. The available roles are:

  • Industrial Manager
  • Chief Executive
  • Development Manager
  • Team Leader
  • Product Manager
  • Consultant
  • Specialist
  • Researcher

Graduates can work in companies like: 

  • Carlsberg
  • COWI
  • DFDS
  • DNV-GL
  • Fiberline
  • Haldor Topsøe
  • LM Windpower
  • Man Energy Solution
  • Novo Nordisk
  • Ørsted

FAQS

1. How Long Does It Take to Obtain a Danish Student Visa?

After submission of all required documents can take up to 2 months or more to obtain the visa.

2. Do Students Have to Know Danish to Study In Denmark?

There are many English-taught programs in Danish universities for which students need not know how to speak Danish.

3. Why Should Students Study Mechanical Engineering in Denmark?

Denmark's engineering industry is one of the best in the world for precision engineering, automation, machine manufacturing, and robotics.

4. What Are the Conditions Students Need to Meet to Acquire A Student Visa?

Students must be officially admitted to a university in Denmark. They must also fulfill Danish or English language proficiency tests. Finally, they must be able to support themselves financially.

5. Are Mechanical Engineers in Demand in Denmark?

Yes, the engineering sector of Denmark has a high demand for qualified and talented engineers.

Study Abroad
Study in Denmark
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants