Study in Denmark: Brief Information on International Student Scholarships

Study Abroad Team 14/08/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Overview Of Scholarships for Indian Students in Denmark

The mere mention of Denmark conjures an image of a sleepy Scandinavian country. However, these images aren’t true nowadays, given the country’s robust educational infrastructure. For Indian students, Denmark is a perfect destination to quench their academic thirst.

Aspirants need to find the cheapest university in Denmark and the best scholarship to fulfill their study abroad dreams. With an average tuition fee that may be high, a scholarship in Denmark can do wonders for students.

In Denmark, both public and private institutions offer scholarships to Indian students. One can seek admission to the cheapest university in Denmark with the following scholarships.

  • Danish State Scholarship
  • Government Scholarships for the non-EU students
  • The Lendo Scholarship
  • Danish State Educational Support
  • The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarship in Media, Arts, and Culture

Application Process and Eligibility Criteria for Danish Government Scholarship

Studying in Denmark for Indian students can be a straightforward process with the right financial aid. The scholarship from the Danish Government is awarded based on the following criteria.

Academic Excellence

The applicant must have a solid academic record to maximize the chances of receiving a Danish Scholarship.

The Potential to Contribute to the International Community in Denmark

Most scholarships in Denmark aim to support students with a keen passion for contributing to the country’s international community. The following documents are typically required when Indian students apply for scholarships in Denmark.

Application Form

Study in Denmark for Indian students and receiving financial aid depend solely on scholarships. The application form will vary based on the university. Aspirants must clearly state their personal details and reasons for applying for financial aid.

Academic Transcripts

It is crucial for students to provide transcripts of their previous grades, degrees earned, etc. This will help the authorities to assess the applicant’s suitability for the scholarship.

English Proficiency

One must furnish proof of English proficiency to apply for Denmark scholarships for international students. Most universities in Denmark accept IELTS and TOEFL scores.

Proof of Admission to a Full-Degree Educational Program

To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must furnish proof that they’ve been accepted into a full-degree program. Therefore, aspirants must offer proof of their acceptance

Statement of Purpose

Most Denmark scholarships for international students require aspirants to submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP). This SOP should outline the student’s motivation for studying in Denmark and their career objectives.

Letters of Recommendation

To get fully-funded scholarships, students should submit letters of recommendation from teachers and academic advisors. These letters ensure that the achievements of the candidate are credible.
The following is the list of eligibility criteria that Indian students must be aware of while applying for a Danish scholarship.

  • The student should hail from EEA or non-EU countries
  • The applicant must have fulfilled the English language proficiency requirements
  • The aspirants must secure diplomas in Swedish, English, and Norwegian languages
  • To apply, the applicants must upload all the required documents to the website. One should not send the supporting documents through email or by post. To receive the scholarship, Indian students must seek university admission.

Top Scholarship Opportunities for Indian Students

Danish State Scholarship at the Aarhus University

This scholarship suits aspirants who want to pursue a Master’s degree in any subject. One should note that this scholarship is financed directly by the state authorities. Therefore, there are a limited number of opportunities available for students. It suits non-EU and EEA students and offers a complete tuition fee waiver.

Danish State Scholarship for Copenhagen University

Copenhagen University offers limited tuition fee waivers through this scholarship program. It is ideal for Indian students who want to pursue postgraduation in Denmark. Besides waiving the tuition fees, it can cover a student’s basic living costs.

Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarship in Media, Arts, and Culture

A consortium of four universities typically provides this scholarship. One of the key highlights of this scholarship program is that it offers travel expenses. Media, Arts, and Culture addresses the requirements of stakeholders from the creative and cultural sector. It provided 100 EUR per month as living expenses.

Denmark Government Scholarships for Non-EU Students

Indian students seeking admission to Denmark universities can opt for this scholarship. Provided directly by the Denmark Government, it funds students belonging to non-EU countries. With this financial aid, aspirants can enroll in full-time higher education programs. This scholarship comprises two parts. Students can receive this scholarship as complete or partial tuition fee waivers.

Tips For Maximizing Chances of Receiving a Scholarship

Here are some tips with which Indian students can maximize their likelihood of receiving a Danish scholarship.

Conduct Thorough Research

One of the best ways to seek admission to Denmark universities and receive financial aid is to conduct extensive research. Aspirants must know about the deadlines of the application process to fine-tune their chances of receiving a scholarship.

Staying Organized is the Key

To maximize the overall chances of getting a scholarship, students must stay organized. Making a calendar with all the essential and upcoming scholarship application dates is a good idea. Aspirants can also include the types of documents required for the scholarship.

Make the Scholarship Applications Stand Out

To stand out among tons of applications, aspirants must be creative. One should create scholarship applications that fit each program’s unique requirements.

Success Stories of Indian Students Who Secured Scholarships in Denmark

Student A

Hailing from a modest background, student A has always dreamt of pursuing a postgraduate degree from the University of Copenhagen. The aspirant’s academic excellence, research background, and commitment to deadlines played an essential role in securing the scholarship.

Student B

Student B, a graduate of Computer Science, was awarded a merit-based scholarship from Arhus University in Denmark. One of the main reasons behind the aspirant’s acceptability was leadership skills and a passion for research in computer science.

Study Abroad
Study in Denmark
Colleges & Universities
1 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants