Your Ultimate Beginner's Guide: Bucket List to Study in France

Study Abroad Team 09/01/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Why Study in France?

Studying in France means students are in for a treat! Undoubtedly, France happens to be one of the top choices among Indian students when it comes to planning to study abroad. Not only does it offer outstanding academic opportunities, but it is also a relatively affordable country. Unlike the cost of living in the France for Indian students, France offers comparatively cheaper tuition and accommodation fee.

Below are reasons why most “study abroad consultants” in India recommend French universities when pursuing graduation and post-graduation school.

Best Colleges and Universities

While planning to study abroad, aspirants should prioritize the quality of education in the country they’re planning to choose. France has an exceptional worldwide ranking in education, with over 3500 institutions for higher education as of 2023. Each university has outstanding programs, courses, and curricula for students to dive into the world of endless career opportunities.

A Degree with Global Recognition

Students who graduate from prestigious French institutions enjoy global recognition and are highly respected around the globe. Furthermore, a globally recognized degree helps when aspirants try to apply for international jobs. Therefore, graduating from a reputed university in France opens the gate to numerous job opportunities around the globe.

Improved Quality of Life

Another reason Indian students are eager to pursue their higher education in France is that the country offers an excellent quality of life, with high standards of living and excellent facilities in terms of healthcare and sanitation, cultural richness, and a decent work-life balance.

Students With Diverse Backgrounds

Additionally, students in French universities come from all around the world. This enables aspirants to interact and work with peers from ethnically diverse backgrounds, impacting their career prospects positively.

As of 2021-22, over 400,000 international students are enrolled in French universities, with the number being somewhere around 10,000 for Indian students. There is plenty of ethical diversity in France.

Better Career Prospects

Undoubtedly, graduating from a college in France will open many career opportunities for students. Its world-class education system and internationally recognized degrees help graduates access diverse job opportunities in various sectors, from a career in STEM to humanities and law.

Additionally, the diverse culture in France provides better networking and exposure to a more competitive international environment for Indian students studying abroad.

English Taught Courses and Degrees

Indian students studying in France do not have to worry about language being a barrier. Many French institutions conduct their classes in English so that international students do not have to spend most of their time learning French.

Rich Culture and Heritage

France is known for its culture and rich art forms. The country has a long and storied history and an artistic heritage known for its fine arts, fashion, museums, architecture, and culinary arts. Therefore, international students will get ample time to dive into the country's diverse culture, indulge in delicious cuisine, and visit beautiful tourist spots.

Academic Opportunities and Prestigious Universities

France lacks well-reputed universities with outstanding world rankings by trusted institutions. Below is a list of top French colleges and universities that hold intense international value and a competitive acceptance rate for students around the globe.

  • Paris Sciences et Lettres – PSL Research University Paris
  • Sorbonne University
  • Université Paris-Saclay
  • Institut Polytechnique de Paris
  • Université Paris Cité
  • École des Ponts ParisTech
  • Aix-Marseille University
  • University of Bordeaux
  • Montpellier-UM

Investing in a Study Abroad Travel Insurance

For Indian students studying abroad, investing in travel insurance is a must since it can help cover medical emergencies, travel interruptions, loss of belongings, liability coverage, and legal assistance. Travel insurance for students studying abroad covers all medical emergencies, including illnesses and accidents. The insurance lasts for as long as the student stays in the country and will ensure that all their health expenses are covered without them worrying about financial burdens.

Travel insurance also covers the loss of valuable gadgets like laptops, mobile phones, cameras, etc. This will ensure that all lost goods are sincerely replaced during a student’s stay in the country.

Setting Up a Safe and Comfortable Accommodation

Setting up comfortable accommodations is necessary for students to have a harmonious life during their stay. It is advised to start early and search for accommodation options in advance to have ample time to decide. Students can also consider on-campus housing options, such as university dorms, to be close to the campus at all times.

Furthermore, while looking for off-campus rental options, it is advised to choose shared flats to help save a significant amount of money. Prioritize your budget, safety, and security of the area, reviews, furnishing, and other amenities to come to a final decision.

  • To Stay Financially Equipped: Students need careful and extensive financial management to stay financially stable in France. Let’s look at how aspirants can save money and manage their finances effectively.
  • Grants, Fellowships, and Scholarships: Many students aim for scholarships and fellowships to cover their tuition and accommodation fees. Several universities in France offer scholarships to international students based on merit and academic qualifications.
  • Health Insurance: Health insurance is necessary for every Indian student studying abroad. Furthermore, many universities in France require health insurance for international students to enroll.
  • Part-Time Work:The French government allows international students to work for 964 hours a year. Working part-time can help supplement your income and cover living and travel expenses.

Conclusion

Studying abroad can be an exciting yet hectic decision for students. By choosing France as your destination to study abroad, you gain access to a world-class education system, high quality of life, endless job prospects, and ample time to indulge in French culture. With careful financial management, this journey will become an unforgettable chapter in every aspirant’s life!

Study Abroad
Destination Country
Study in France
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants