Important Things to Know Before Studying in France

Study Abroad Team 02/08/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

France has multiple world-standard universities offering international students diverse courses with scholarships and other insurance. But Indian students must select a university in France after carefully understanding all the points in this article. 

Best Universities to Study in France

First, kick-starting with the basics, one must know the best universities to study in France. So, here is a complete list of the top universities in France.

Excelia:  

Excelia is a famous university in La Rochelle, France, offering higher learning with expert faculties and professional management. The university has sub-divisions to cater to the needs of the diverse fields. Currently, the university houses major sub-divisions, such as Excelia Business School, Excelia Tourism School, Excelia Digital School, etc. 

The university has government accreditation and is a holder of many accolades. The courses an Indian student can take at this university are:-

Bachelor's Degree 

  • Science
  • Arts
  • Tourism, etc. 

Master's Degree 

  • Tourism
  • Science
  • Hospitality

Paris School of Business: 

Paris School of Business is a premium university in the capital of France. The university offers multiple business programs and welcomes students from around the globe. The university has an affluent demand among Indian students as it provides them with a solid alumni network. Such advantages make it a preferable place to study in France for Indian students. 

The university has several notable accreditations, including AACSB accreditation, Association of AMBA, and EFMD Accredited Master label. The best courses an Indian student can take at this university are MBA, financing, BBA, etc. 

SKEMA

SKEMA is a top-notch business school in the country that cultivates the best business minds of tomorrow. A strong alumni network, professional staff, and management and expert professionals are some of the highlights of this institute. The institute also holds high value in economic and financial magazines and positive word of mouth. 

With Conférence des Grandes Écoles accreditation, an Indian student can take diverse programs such as MSc, undergraduate, Ph.D., etc. These courses have excellent scope in future French employment. Any Indian student undertaking these courses will start their career in the right direction. 

Catholic University of the West

The Catholic University of the West is an old establishment in Angers, France. The university holds an excellent reputation for nurturing and developing young minds into future professionals. The university has significant ties with multiple countries and openly welcomes international students.

It is another good choice to learn and study in France for Indian students as the university offers courses:-

Bachelor's degree in Internal Management

  • MBA
  • Master in Sustainable Economy

An Indian student undertaking these courses from this institution will surely rise high in life. These courses have a curriculum that meets the needs of future French employment demands. 

The American Business School of Paris

The American Business School of Paris is France's prestigious intercultural business school. After establishing its roots in 1985, the university is at the top of producing future business masterminds. The university holds a top place on the checklist of every international student for diverse practical curriculum programs. 

The university has special accreditation with IACBE - International Accreditation Council for Business Education. Indian students can take up courses such as:-

  • BA Luxe ( Bachelor in Fashion & Luxury Retail Management)
  • BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
  • MBA (Master of Business Administration)
  • DBA (Doctorate of Business Administration)

EPITA

EPITA is a top university for engineering and science. Notably, the university has high acclamation for its computer science department. It is an old establishment producing quality engineers since its inception. The university holds government accreditation, and Indian students can take up courses like:-

  • Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
  • Master of Science
  • Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence Systems
  • Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence for Marketing Strategy
  • Master of Computer Engineering

Sorbonne University

Sorbonne University is a famous university in France specializing in teaching diverse subjects. With expert teachers and functional management, this university has successfully created future-ready individuals. 

Sorbonne University is famous for its engineering, arts, and sciences courses. Indian students can opt for the following disciplines and thread a beautiful career. 

Indian students studying in these universities will have a bright future with multiple job opportunities in France. France is a booming economy, and working here will help an Indian student thread a successful career.

Student-Scholarship and Part-Time Opportunities in France

The French provide various scholarship programs to aid international students in taking admission to their prestigious universities. The government provides MBA, art, science, and Ph.D. scholarships to Indian students to pursue courses in their high-ranking institutes. Indian students can apply for significant scholarship programs like:-

Government-funded Scholarships 

  • Erasmus+
  • The Chateaubriand Fellowship 
  • Eiffel Scholarship Program of Excellence

Non-government Scholarships

  • The Fulbright Scholarship 
  • Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) 
  • AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants, and Financial Support

Moreover, Indian students can opt for part-time jobs in France to make themselves financially independent during their studies. According to reports, international students can work up to 20 hours weekly and make good money. 

Tuition Fee to Study in France

The tuition fee structure in France varies from institution to institution, course to course, and even city to city. But the average fee for a government university is 170-650 Euros (Rs 15.5k-59.3k approx) per year. For private institutes, the fee shoots up to 5000-30,000 Euros (Rs 4.5 lacs-27.3lacs approx) per year. 

(Note*: The tuition fee data is for the 2022-23 academic calendar, there can be variations in 2023-24 fee structuring)

Preparing For a Student Visa  to Study in France

According to sources, four visa types are available for students in France. So it is crucial to understand all the detail before choosing the correct one. 

Student Visa

A student Visa is the most common Visa among international students to study in foreign establishments. To apply for this Visa, an Indian student must select their program, have a letter of acceptance from any French university, and be 18 or above. The Visa applies for extended (course completion over three months) and short-term (course completion less than three months) stays. 

Student Trainee Visa

It is almost the same as a regular visa. But here, the student can opt for long and short-term stays depending on the duration of work placement. Students can apply for short if the work placement duration is less than three months. They can use for a long time if the work placement lasts over three months. 

Stay with a Family

Students under the age bracket of 18-30 years can opt for a particular visa application. This visa application will temporarily allow the students to stay with a French family for a year. 

PR Opportunities in France

Indian students studying abroad dream of becoming permanent residents of that country to continue utilizing the opportunities. Similarly, France is also a beautiful country to stay and grow professionally. Therefore, Indian students also try PR in France. These are pointers through which an Indian student achieves this feat. 

Get admission to a top French university.

  • After studies, apply for a temporary residence visa (12 months) with an extension period. 
  • Find a suitable job and enter into a CDI contract (permanent employee contract) with the employer. 
  • Learn Basic and intermediate levels of French. 

Wrapping Up

It was all about essential things one should know before studying in France. But apart from that, Indian students can also take help from various career counseling agencies. These agencies have experts who can guide students and help them secure a seat on foreign soil. 

These agencies also provide expert guidance in IELTS, GRE, and Sat exams for Indian students. So, any Indian student can seek help in foreign admissions by visiting the website of these agencies. 

Study Abroad
Study in France
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants