In Demand Courses To Study In France

Study Abroad Team 02/08/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

France has a fantastic lineup of universities that offers various courses in multiple disciplines. These universities hold great reputations for nurturing talents and shaping them into fine professionals. Therefore Indian students greatly admire these French universities and want to establish a bright future here. 

But many Indian students face dilemmas in choosing the correct course and make poor selections. To save students from mistakes, this article will shed some light on some in-demand courses to study in France. 

Why Choose France as Your Study Abroad Host

France has a solid education ecosystem that inherits talents and transforms them into skillful professionals. But there is more to France and its education system that attracts students from all around the world. Here are a few reasons for Indian students to choose France as their study abroad destination. 

Best-In-Class Colleges & Universities in France:

A university in France is open to welcoming international students on its campus with open arms and zero restrictions. Moreover, these colleges have a solid infrastructure foundation, expert faculty, and practical course design to transform talents into professionals. 

Indian students studying in such universities can expect quality education, personality development, a broad alumni network, etc. The average fee for a government university is 170-650 Euros (Rs 15.5k-59.3k approx.) per year. Private institutes' fees rise to 5000-30,000 Euros (Rs 4.5 lacs-27.3lacs approx.) annually. 

The fee structure is according to the 2022-2023 academic calendar year. 

  • Indian students can study at these top universities in France. 
  • The American Business School of Paris
  • Catholic University of the West
  • Paris School of Business
  • Université PSL
  • École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
  • Université Grenoble Alpes
  • Sciences Po
  • Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonn

Fantastic Career Opportunities in France:

France is a booming economy, with many companies breaching the economic barrier and becoming unicorns. The same companies offer multiple jobs in France for Indians with huge packages right after graduation or post-graduation. In short, Indian students graduating from top French universities disrupt employment and open pathways for limitless opportunities. 

Top companies that hire graduates from different French universities:-

  • Airbus
  • L'Oréal
  • Renault
  • Michelin
  • Ubisoft

Even these same professionals can head their India operations too. So pursuing higher education in France brings a positive baggage of opportunities. 

A Chance to Learn French Culture & Lifestyle: 

France is a land of history and culture. Indian students can visit famous monuments such as the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral to understand French culture. They can also learn the language basics and dig into the cuisine. French cuisine is famous worldwide for its artistic take on food. 

Indian students can try local fashion, too, as France is home to many rich fashion brands and companies. In a nutshell, studying in France will give Indian students a closer look into the heart of France. 

Ample Scholarships for Students: 

France is a nation that truly values talent, and therefore, they provide numerous scholarship schemes to deserving students. The best scholarship programs in France are:-

  • Erasmus+
  • The Chateaubriand Fellowship 
  • Eiffel Scholarship Program of Excellence
  • The Fulbright Scholarship 
  • La Femis
  • Ampere Scholarship of Excellence
  • Raman Charpak Fellowship

So, to study in France for Indian students, they need only talent and hard work to secure a scholarship. 

List of In-Demand Undergraduate Courses to Study in France

France has a pool of outstanding faculty and management system who understand the essential requirement of the market. That's why their courses have a curriculum program that meets the industry standards and trains the individual for tomorrow. 

Here is a list of in-demand undergraduate courses to study in France. 

Engineering

Engineering is the most diverse field in the history of humanity. That has its roots right from service to manufacturing. Therefore engineering is a desirable choice for many young minds as the area offers many opportunities and growth. The average tuition fee for engineering in France is 10k-30k Euros per year( roughly 9lacs-27lacs INR). 

France has tremendous engineering colleges with outstanding course design and placement records. The best colleges in France for engineering are CentraleSupélec, Sorbonne University, Universite PSL, etc. 

Hotel Management

France is famous for its international restaurants and hotels. So, it is understandable that the hospitality business is booming in France. Universities in France are offering multiple varieties of hospitality courses for international students to contribute to this ever-rising industry. 

The average tuition fee in France to study hotel management is 7k-18k Euros per year (roughly 6lacs-16lacs INR). The best colleges for hotel management are ESGCI, Vatel International Business School, Hotel and Tourism Management, and Ecole Ducasse, Paris. 

Fashion Designing

France and fashion are two synonymous terms in a single line. Most high-end fashion houses are a product of France's relentless persuasion toward success. Indian students studying abroad should choose France as their destination to learn about the nitty-gritty of the fashion world. 

The average tuition fee in France to study fashion design is 8.9k-20k Euros per year (roughly 8lacs-18lacs INR). The best colleges for hotel management are the International Fashion Academy (IFA), ESMOD, Paris College of Art, etc. 

Finance

Finance is a course that ensures an individual a successful career. An individual can expect an excellent lifestyle after graduating with a finance course. France has many top colleges that focus primarily on finance courses and prepare financial minds of the future. 

The average tuition fee in France is 12k-40k Euros per year (roughly 11lacs-36lacs INR). The best colleges for hotel management are HSC Paris, ESCP Europe, SKEMA, etc. 

List of In-Demand Post-graduate Courses to Study in France

Like undergraduate courses, France also has universities that provide in-demand postgraduate programs. So, here is the list of in-demand postgraduate courses to study in France. 

MBA

MBA is the most famous post-graduation course in France that allows an individual to build a career in business management. France has numerous universities that offer world-class MBA programs to international students. Some notable ones are HEC Paris, INSEAD, EDHEC, etc. 

Moreover, Indian students can apply to these programs as the average tuition fee is (30k-100k) Euros per year. In Indian currency, the fee converts to roughly 27 lacs to 91 lacs per year. 

Luxury Brand Management

It is a unique course that is prevalent in France. Many students go for this course for a passion for art and management. But many also enroll for this course as there is less competition and a high-paying career. The average tuition fee is 10k-20k (9lacs-18lacs INR) Euros per year. The best colleges for this course are ESSEC Business School, ICN Business School, Toulouse Business School, etc. 

Medicine

Medical courses are always in high demand as they have multiple application fields. French universities offer high-class medical courses to international students for a bright future. The universities that provide the best medicine courses are:- Université de Paris, Universite Montpellier, West Brittany University, etc. The annual tuition fee is 15k-40k Euros (13 lacs-36lacs INR). 

International Student Criteria to Apply for Universities in France

The criteria are:-

  • One complete university application
  • Any ID photos
  • High school passing documents
  • IELTS or TOEFL proficiency results
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Application Fee Receipt
  • Other essential documents from the university (if possible)

FAQ: 

1. Is France suitable for Indian students?

French universities have excellent infrastructure for education, proper management for operations, and expert faculty for appropriate guidance. Considering all those things, France is undoubtedly good for Indian students. 

2. Does France offer free education to Indian students?

There is no free education for Indian students in France. But deserving and financially unstable candidates can opt for scholarships. The French government offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. scholarships for Indian students for continuous study without difficulty. 

3. Is it easy to get jobs in France?

Getting job opportunities in France is easy if an individual has all the right skill sets and talent to match the work profile. These are necessary for individuals to be able to land a job in other places. 

Conclusion

For any doubt regarding course selection, Indian students should opt for career counseling guides. Career counseling guides know everything about the industry and provide guidance for IELTS and Sat exams for Indian students.

Study Abroad
Study in France
courses/programs
1 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants