Study in France - 30000 Indians invited by 2030

Study Abroad Team 06/11/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

France, a favored destination for opportunities, where culture, cuisine, and career unite, is also the home to top Educational Universities. The country, with its immense wealth of knowledge, aids in career prospects for your future. As a step towards emphasizing academic excellence and cross-cultural understanding, France has unveiled a plan to welcome ~30000 students by 2030.

According to the Times of India, this initiative promotes educational and cultural ties between the two nations. In this blog, let us try to explore what France has to offer for Indian students.

‘International Classes’

Language is one of the barriers to pursuing your education abroad. To resolve this, France offers dedicated classes in English for non-francophone students who are in their standard French Bachelor program for 1 year period. This initiative makes the transition to the French educational system smooth.

In addition to these classes, the French Embassy in India organizes the ‘Choose France Tour’ in 4 cities: Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi, and Mumbai. Its motive is to create awareness among the students and parents about the various study options available in 40+ French Universities.

Schengen Visa

The 5-year Schengen Visa is for Indian students with a Master's degree or above and have spent at least a semester studying in France. They can stay in the Schengen area (comprises 27 EU countries) for up to 90 days, with a 90-day gap between stays. This means that the total duration of stay is a maximum of 90 days in any period of 180 days.

An Indian student who studies in France becomes eligible to work in globally renowned organizations.

Campus France Network

Campus France is a government agency that operates under the French Ministry of External Affairs and the Ministry of Higher Education and Research. The Campus France network is part of the cooperation service of the French Embassy in India.

This network offers individualized counseling sessions and hosts a range of programs all year round for students who wish to study in France. These seminars assist students in learning pertinent and essential details regarding the programs provided by various French universities.

Scholarships for Indian Students in French Universities

The French Foreign Ministry awards many different scholarships to Indian students.

  • 25% of these scholarships are directly financed by the Ministry in the framework of the Eiffel Scholarship of Excellence (for Master's or Doctoral level studies) or Major programs (for the best foreign students who have graduated from French high schools abroad).
  • More than 100 other scholarship programs are offered by French institutions (including programs for Ph.D. and post-doctoral level).

The prominent scholarships provided by the Government of France include,

  • Charpak Scholarship Program
  • Raman - Charpak Fellowship
  • Eiffel Scholarship of Excellence
  • Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA)
  • La Femis
  • French + Sciences scholarship

In addition to these scholarships, there are also Co-financed scholarships where the selected students receive the status as the ‘French government scholarship holder’ but with benefits such as social security, visa fee exemption, and a waiver on tuition fees offered by the French institutions.

Conclusion

Indian students are majorly targeted to get enrolled in specific sectors like Engineering and Design alongside Businesses. Through this initiative, there are 22 business and management schools, 17 engineering schools, three arts and design schools, five public universities, two hospitality and tourism schools, and one French language school ready to accept 30000 Indian students in France by 2030.

Study Abroad
Study in France
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants