Ranking, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarship & Placements
France welcomes a considerable number of study-abroad aspirants from different parts of the world every year. This nation boasts some top-ranked higher education institutes that enjoy an excellent reputation worldwide.
Many regard Sciences Po as the Institute of Political Studies, one of France's finest institutions. Established in 1872, this prestigious university is a social sciences and humanities leader. Nearly half of the students at Sciences Po are from over 150 countries.
The reputed French university secured the 3rd rank globally for Politics and International Studies. The institution was ranked 259th in the QS World University Rankings 2023. It is in the latest QS Ranking's first position in sociology, development studies, and public policy. The rank of Sciences Po is 106 among European higher education institutes.
Sciences Po offers several courses across undergraduate and postgraduate levels that meet international standards. All globally renowned universities recognize the education and degrees that this esteemed French institution provides.
Sciences Po University Highlights
Sciences Po is popular among many international students because it prioritizes combining different approaches and perspectives. This university actively participates in various public debates as it believes in maintaining traditional multidisciplinary approaches and promoting diversity.
- This international research university boasts an international outlook. Even 151 years after its foundation, it's successfully holding on to its image of a world-class institution with a global network of partners and a multicultural community.
- It is renowned for offering over 60 dual degree programs through French and other international partners. The Doctoral School of this higher education institution offers five doctoral programs.
- The university has partnered with more than 478 institutes worldwide, and it offers study-abroad programs. The international dual degree it offers proves beneficial for its students. They get to spend two years at Sciences Po and the remaining duration at one of the partner institutes to complete a course.
- More than 270 faculty members of Sciences Po conduct research in different fields, including education, public health, security, urban development, democracy, and the environment.
- Sciences Po has seven campuses in total, comprising 15,000 students. The main campus of this institute is located in the heart of Paris, and 49% of the total student body consists of international students.
Sciences Po Admission
The applications for undergraduate programs at Sciences Po begin in November every year, and it's in October for postgraduate programs. The two prime intakes are fall and spring. The application process is straightforward, so applicants do not require much time when applying to a coveted program.
Adhering to the strict rules and regulations pertinent to the admission process of this French university is of the utmost importance for both domestic and international applicants. One must check the institution's official website to stay informed of the steps to follow when applying and the application deadlines for different courses.
Undergraduate Admission to Sciences Po
Sciences Po offers more than 16 undergraduate programs, which are quite popular among many international students. An applicant must fulfill the entry requirements to increase the potential of securing admission to this top-rated university.
- International students must apply for a UG degree course online through the university's portal.
- Providing academic transcripts for the last three years of education in school is a must for applicants.
- International students who apply for a UG course must take a standardized test such as ACT or SAT and score impressive marks.
- Proving proficiency in the English language is imperative for every UG program applicant. Thus, one must score well in IELTS – 6.0 or TOEFL - 90.
International applicants must provide:
- At least 1-2 academic references.
- A copy of their passport.
- An updated CV.
- A letter of recommendation.
- A statement of intent.
- Proof of residence.
Paying the application processing fee of 150 EUR is a must when submitting the application form online.
Postgraduate Admission to Sciences Po
Many graduates from India and other nations pursue a coveted postgraduate program at Sciences Po. The institution offers over 30 PG degree courses through its seven graduate colleges. Applicants who secure admission can opt for field study, an internship, or study at one of the partner universities.
- Students who apply for a PG program must complete the application process online via the official portal of the university.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field is a must for applicants.
- Scoring qualifying marks in a standardized test such as GRE or GMAT is imperative.
- Obtaining at least TOEFL – 90 or IELTS – 6.5 is essential to prove the English language proficiency.
Besides the ones mentioned above, international graduates who apply for a PG program at Sciences Po must provide a passport copy, a CV, and a cover letter explaining their intention to pursue a PG program. Moreover, these applicants must provide all academic credentials, a portfolio, a letter of recommendation, and residence proof. The application fee is 150 for a PG course.
It is paramount for applicants to meet the eligibility requirements to increase the possibilities of securing admission to this higher education institution. The acceptance rate of Sciences Po is 20%, which is incredibly competitive. Not everyone gets admission here if they do not have excellent marks in the previous examinations, standardized tests, and English proficiency exams.
- One has to apply for a UG or PG course via the university portal online.
- Providing report cards of 10th, 11th, and 12th standards is essential for those applying for a UG program.
- Students who apply for a PG course must hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study.
- Scoring good marks in the SAT or ACT exam is a must for UG program applicants, and PG applicants must score well in the GMAT or GRE.
- Proving English language proficiency is necessary for each applicant who applies for a UG or PG program. One must score at least 90 in TOEFL and 6.0-6.5 in IELTS to boost the chances of university enrollment.
- Applicants have to provide all necessary documents when submitting the application form online and paying the application fee.
Sciences Po Popular Programs
Here are some sought-after undergraduate and postgraduate programs that Sciences Po offers.
- Bachelor in International Development
- Bachelor in Environmental Policy
- Bachelor in International Security
- Bachelor in Economic Law
- Bachelor in International Economic Policy
- Master in International Development
- Master in International Economic Policy
- Master in International Governance and Diplomacy
Sciences Po Accommodation
The esteemed university owns a dedicated online platform that students can access for free to book a suitable flat that private landlords offer. Over 4,000 apartments are offered for rent by private property owners exclusively for international students who secure admission to Sciences Po.
Sciences Po Cost
International students who enroll in a UG course need to pay anywhere between 10,800-13,400 EUR per annum. On the other hand, the annual tuition fee for a postgraduate program ranges from 14,700 to 25,400 EUR.
Course Tuition Fee (Per Annum)
Here is the per annum tuition fee for some top programs of Sciences Po.
- Bachelor in International Development – 14, 200 EUR
- Bachelor in Environmental Policy – 13, 500 EUR
- Bachelor in International Security – 14, 500 EUR
- Bachelor in Economic Law – 14, 350 EUR
- Bachelor in International Economic Policy -
- Master in International Development – 19 500 EUR
- Master in International Economic Policy – 19 750 EUR
- Master in International Governance and Diplomacy – 18, 420 EUR
Cost of Living
International students keen to study in France must bear some expenses while living in Paris and studying at the main campus of Sciences Po. Here are different expense types.
- Flat rent – 880-1200 EUR per month
- Food – 250 – 400 EUR per month
- Transportation – 250 – 450 EUR per year
- Miscellaneous – 90-120 EUR per year
Sciences Po Scholarships
Sciences Po is renowned for offering a variety of financial aid for meritorious international students, including Indians and those from other nations. The university extends support to ensure no one has to leave higher studies because of financial constraints. It distributes 11 million EUR annually to assist needy and talented students financially.
- EIFFEL Scholarship – 1182 EUR monthly
- The Emile Boutmy Scholarship – 3000 – 19200 EUR yearly
Aside from those mentioned above, the higher education institution awards mobility and emergency hardship grants.
Sciences Po Placements
Sciences Po ensures placement opportunities and career-specific services. It keeps organizing job fairs for its students who pursue different programs at various levels. Most graduates of Sciences Po land a job at a renowned company with a handsome salary package after completing their courses.
Here are the degrees that enable graduates to earn a high annual remuneration.
- MSc – 78,000 EUR
- MBA 130,000 EUR
- LLM – 67,500 EUR
- MFin – 70, 000 EUR
Over 43 % of students in Sciences Po are recruited by leading corporations before they finish their studies.
Monika Answered on 20/12/2023
Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.
The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.
Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.
Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!Read More(1)(0)
Top Study Abroad Consultants
Genius Study Abroad
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:Make your dreams of studying and living abroad a r Read more
Make your dreams of studying and living abroad a reality with Genius Study Abroad. Genius Study Abroad is a leading overseas education consultancy helping students in University admission process, test coaching for IELTS/PTE/TOEFL and visa guidance.
Services: Study Abroad,Immigration consultants,Visa consultantsAbout:Mindways Consulting Pvt. Ltd., We deal in vis Read more
Mindways Consulting Pvt. Ltd., We deal in visa assistance services for international trips. Are you planning to enjoy your honeymoon trip in any island or planning for family outing, we are here to solve your visa or immigration problems. We have good visa advisors for several countries worldwide, viz., United Kingdom, Singapore, China, Switzerland, Italy, Australia and Germany.
Review: Thankful to the Mindways team for their unwavering support. Especially grateful to Manisha mam and Rupali mam for listening to my queries, guiding me towards the right direction and helping me out at every step of the process. I highly recommend services being provided by Mindways to all the students who wish to study abroad.??
AQG India Educonsultancy Private Limited
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:CIES is a Global Study Choice Platform and a New-A Read more
CIES is a Global Study Choice Platform and a New-Age Education Organisation promoted by Academicians, who know the world of academics and have vibrant corporate/academic experience for about 25 years. We educate for future not just for the present. Why CIES? 1. Global Network Of Institutes:CIES possess the virtue of rich academic relations with premier institutes across the globe and have thorough knowledge about academic processes prevailing all around the world. 2. India’s First Summer School
Review: I m very glad and excited to share that I have successfully passed my IELTS in 1st attempt.
AB Educational Avenues Pvt. Ltd.
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Since 1987, our team has helped more than 15,000 s Read more
Since 1987, our team has helped more than 15,000 students in pursuing programs of their choice internationally. To meet our team & to begin your journey, book your appointment now! Studying Abroad at a University of Your Choice is easier than you think. Our team with more than 100 years of combined experience can help you achieve your dream. If you'd like to discuss your goals with our team of Mentors, please schedule an appointment with us.
Review: iStep Mentors has really helped me throughout the process. Their detailed counselling and guidance on every step has helped me achieving my goal to study in UK.
Academic & Professional Studies Abroad - APSA
Services: Study AbroadAbout:APSA - Academic & Professional Studies Abroad& Read more
APSA - Academic & Professional Studies Abroad brings together, under one roof, a wide range of international professional and vocational qualifications through its high-tech, state of the art teaching centres that are strategically located across the country. It offers exciting and innovative programs blended with industrial experience and practical application that will appeal to the academic community as well as to a range of other sectors in the marketplace. Contact us for more deta
Review: APSA and Shweta ma'am have been so helpful to me for my dream of studying abroad. The way she explained and helped me execute the plan was just so smooth and systematic and being accepted into a good university was a dream come true. She is very helpful and is always motivating and inspiring.
Services: Study Abroad,Foreign education entrance exam coachingAbout:Inspired Overseas is located in Delhi and provides Read more
Inspired Overseas is located in Delhi and provides services for Visa consultants, Overseas Education, and Entrance Exam Coaching. These services are essential for individuals aspiring to study abroad and pursue their educational and career goals. Kindly Visit us for more Info.
EDUGUIDE GLOBAL CONSULTANTSModel Town, Ghaziabad, 134003
Services: Study AbroadAbout:EduGuide Global is an organisation formed to assis Read more
EduGuide Global is an organisation formed to assist students fullfill there abroad aspirations. We help in career counselling, application processing and visa guidance. We also prepare students for IELTS and PTE exams https://www.eduguideoverseas.com/
Education Pathways IndiaJodhpur Park, Kolkata, 700029
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Education Pathways India is an award winning educa Read more
Education Pathways India is an award winning education consultancy for UK and Ireland and in service for more than 20 years. It works all over India and has successfully placed more than 5000 students to top Universities in the UK. It's non biased system of work has earned Education Pathways a lot of praise since inception.
Global Study Link Private Limited
Services: Study AbroadAbout:Global Study Link (GSL) was founded in 2008, and w Read more
Global Study Link (GSL) was founded in 2008, and we began our operations in India that same year. In 2011, we extended our operations to the UK from our base in India. As a leading study abroad consultancy we are dedicated to helping students achieve their academic and career goals through international education. Our expert team has 15 plus years of experience in providing guidance and support to students in choosing the right program of study and institution for their academic pursuits. We o
Kalpvriksh Overseas Education Consultants
Services: Study AbroadAbout:We are overseas education consultants for English Read more
We are overseas education consultants for English Speaking and European countries.. We are immigration.consultants too. We assist in All the functionalities of study abroad.. We assist in ielts, SOP & LOR assistance , optaining of offer letter ,scholarships , education visa, accommodation, insurances, Forex Experience: 9 years Staffs: 6
Infocus Overseas Education Consultants
Services: Study AbroadAbout:We are a leading overseas education consultancy, p Read more
We are a leading overseas education consultancy, providing a one-stop solution for aspiring students like you and all partner institutions. Our goal is to make your whole study abroad process easy and free of hassles and towards this end, we provide our services to students free of cost. we provide professional career counselling/consulting services to students in India who would like to pursue further education abroad in countries like Canada, New Zealand, USA, Australia and the UK. We help you
Review: ndjdjene shrines skndjdbebs d