Guide for Studying Abroad After 12th for Indian Students

Study Abroad Team 28/07/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Going abroad to do a long-term course would be very exciting for any Indian student. There are a variety of countries and universities they can choose from. While the universities in Germany are known for offering a wide range of courses and programs, Norway top universities also have a solid reputation. No matter where they wish to study, students must do adequate research before taking the plunge.

Selecting Courses to Study Abroad After 12th

When students get too many options, they tend to get confused. When they are in school, they study many subjects they are asked to. In some Indian schools, students can choose the language they wish to study. But that's about it.

After completing 12th grade, a lot of students go through confusion. They could be interested in a particular course and might wonder whether there is enough scope for it in today's times. Sometimes, a student is advised to take up a particular program by their well-wishers, but they are not too sure about it.

When students have decided to study abroad, they should be extremely cautious about the course or program they opt for. The process of applying for a course in a foreign university and moving there after a while is rather long.

Guide for Studying Abroad After 12th for Indian Students

They might want to return if they do not enjoy studying a particular subject or doing a certain course. This will result in a loss of time, money, and other valuable resources. Therefore, a course or a program must be selected after thoughtful consideration. A student must choose a course based on their interest and affinity towards it.

Here are some of the courses offered by foreign universities that a student can choose from:

Information Technology

The one industry whose pace never slows and whose growth doesn't stop even during the worst of times is information technology. Several universities in the UK for international students offer IT courses. After completing the 12th, students can opt for a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree. This will set them up for a bright and fulfilling career in the IT industry.

Engineering

There will never be a time when somebody would say that the world has too many engineers. Across the globe, the demand for engineering graduates remains high. According to a research report, more than 20% of the graduates happen to be engineers. Students can choose from various engineering specializations based on their interests or inclination, including electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, and biomedical engineering, among others.

Law

Every year, a large number of Indian students, after completing their 12th grade, go abroad to study law. A legal career excites those who strive to fight for justice and believe they can make a difference. A student, who is keen on studying law, should check out the curriculum of some of the top Germany top universities. An LL.M. degree leads a student to master subjects like human rights law, insurance law, criminal law, intellectual property law, and information technology law.

Accounting

Students who studied commerce in their 12th grade could consider doing a course in accounting. Securing a Bachelor's degree in accounting will pave the way for the student to get a job as an accountant in a firm or apply for auditor job positions. Getting a degree in accounting will also make it possible for an individual to become a member of one of the professional accounting bodies. Many universities in New Zealand offer well-designed accounting courses.

Hospitality and Tourism

There are certain courses in which foreign universities have an edge over Indian universities. While a student can do a hospitality and tourism course in India, doing such a course abroad would be much better. Studying in a foreign university would also make a student pick up the skills required to deal with cross-cultural clients in the hospitality sector.

Business Administration

Students who wish to become entrepreneurs or drive the functioning of big business organizations in the future through their management skills should opt for a course in business administration after completing their 12th grade. After getting a Bachelor's in Business Administration or BBA degree, a student can apply for a job in different industries or fields. For a BBA course, a student should check out some of the universities in Germany for international students.

Guide for Studying Abroad After 12th for Indian Students

Computer Science

As technological advancements are taking place worldwide, educational institutions see the demand for computer science courses growing. A computer science course at an undergraduate level helps students build a strong base for themselves in information technology. After completing this course, students can later opt for a master's degree in this subject.

Selecting Universities to Study Abroad After 12th

After a student has firmly decided to study abroad after completing their 12th grade, they are made to answer an important question – which university they wish to study in?". The answer to this question does not (and should not) come out quickly. A student needs to do a lot of research, weigh all the pros and cons, and then decide which university they should study in.

Here are some of the things a student needs to consider while selecting a university to study after the 12th:

Courses

One of the first things a student needs to check while considering a particular university is its courses. While some universities offer students a plethora of courses to choose from, some universities specialize in only a handful of courses.

Sometimes, a student who wishes to study law lists down the name of a college only to realize later that it only offers engineering courses. This results in a loss of time and a waste of effort. Before shortlisting a university, a student must ensure it offers the course they want to pursue.

Affiliations

The affiliation of a college or university always matters to a student. When a college is affiliated with an accredited university, a student feels more confident about applying. Whether a student opts for a local university or one based in a foreign country, this is one factor they consider.

When a student is considering applying to universities in New Zealand, they must thoroughly research them and find out if they are affiliated with a government-backed university. They must also ensure that the universities are authorized to offer certifications or grant degrees.

Location

Even when students have decided to study abroad, they should be specific about the country, state, or location they plan to study. Being sure about the location of the university they will be studying in for the next few years is very important for multiple reasons.

Certain countries prove to be the best for specific courses. The universities in Finland, for instance, are most suitable for students who wish to pursue a course in engineering or business. Once the student finalizes a country for them to study in, they can consider the amount of money they will have to spend on personal expenses.

Infrastructure

Colleges and universities worldwide put a lot of effort into putting together an infrastructure that caters to the needs of the students and faculty members and leaves an impression.

While researching a university, the student must check the kind of infrastructure it has. They don't have to travel abroad and visit the university in person to do this. They can simply go through pictures and videos posted by the university online.

Attempting the Entrance Examinations

The different entrance examinations a student has to appear for are the path through which they can get admission to a university of their choice. Most foreign universities check the applicant's scores on TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, CPE, GMAT, and SAT tests. While it is compulsory for all applicants to sit for the English proficiency tests, the course they opt for will determine the other tests they will have to appear for.

Before an applicant appears for an entrance examination, they must make it a point to prepare well. Since each examination would be different from the others, they will have to go through the guidelines properly and figure out the kind of preparation they must undergo for each.

Many students get nervous just at the thought of appearing for entrance examinations to get a seat in a foreign university. The more prepared a student is, the less nervousness they will suffer from. To ensure they do well in the entrance exams, students can speak to individuals who have applied for these tests in the past and get some tips from them.

Student Visa Application Process

Applying for a student visa is not as complicated as it may seem initially. For a student visa application, one of the things the applicant is required to have is an offer letter or a letter of acceptance from a recognized university based in the country they are living in. Some other documents they would need are their passport, receipt of payment of the application fee, and their bank statement.

Study Abroad
Application Process
Study in Germany
Entry Requirements/Exp
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants