Know the LOR Requirements for Top Universities in Germany

Study Abroad Team 04/01/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Preparing for Studying in Germany, and securing admission to a top university requires a strong application, including well-crafted Letters of Recommendation (LORs). This guide will help Indian Students simplify the process, focusing on what to include in their LORs and specific requirements from renowned German universities.

Building Your LOR: Key Components

  • Showcase your achievements in academics, including grades and any notable projects or research.
  • Highlight your involvement in team exercises or collaborative projects.
  • Discuss how you've progressed academically and professionally.
  • Express your genuine interest in the chosen subject or field of study.
  • Reflect on how you've responded to setbacks or criticisms and your ability to overcome challenges.
  • Demonstrate your ability to analyze situations, make quick decisions, and overcome obstacles.
  • Showcase both academic and professional achievements that reflect your competence.
  • Highlight instances where you've demonstrated innovative and creative thinking.

Sample LOR for a German University:

[Your Name]

[Your Address]

[City, Country]

[Email Address]

[Date]

[Recommender's Full Name]

[Recommender's Job Title]

[Where They Work]

[City, Country]

Dear [Recommender's Full Name],

I hope you're doing well. I am writing to ask if you could help me by writing a letter of recommendation for my application to study [Name of the Program] at [Name of the University] in Germany.

I've known [Your Name] for [number of years] while they were [your relationship, e.g., my student, intern, or colleague] at [Your University/Organization]. Throughout this time, I've seen that [Your Name] is really good at their studies. They did really well in [mention specific courses or projects], and what impressed me the most was [provide a specific example of an achievement or project].

Apart from being good academically, [Your Name] is also great at working with others. They were part of [mention any team exercises or projects], where they showed they can work well in a team. [Your Name] understands how to work with others to reach common goals.

Moreover, [Your Name] is good at dealing with problems. When [mention a specific setback or challenge] happened, they handled it well by being strong, finding solutions, and making quick decisions. This, along with their smart thinking, shows that [Your Name] can handle tough situations.

Outside of their studies, [Your Name] is also involved in [mention any activities or contributions to society]. They really care about [specific activity or cause], showing that they want to make a positive impact beyond just studying or working.

Considering [Your Name]'s achievements, ability to handle challenges, and their interest in [chosen field of study], I am sure they will do great in your program at [Name of the University]. I strongly recommend [Your Name] for admission to the [Name of the Program] at [Name of the University].

If you need more information, please contact me at [Your Email Address] or [Your Phone Number]. Thank you so much for considering my recommendation. I believe [Your Name] will be a valuable addition to your university.

Yours sincerely,

[Your Full Name]

[Your Job Title (if applicable)]

[Your Contact Information]

LOR Requirements for Top German Universities:

  • Technische Universität München (TU Munich):

For these programs, academic LORs are typically required to provide insights into the applicant's academic prowess. While optional for undergraduate programs, submitting LORs can still enhance your application. It is recommended to submit two or three LORs for master’s programs.

  • Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen (RWTH Aachen University):

RWTH Aachen University adopts a flexible approach to LORs, allowing applicants to submit either academic or professional references or a combination of both.

  • ESMT Berlin (European School of Management and Technology):

ESMT Berlin, being a top business school, places a significant emphasis on Letters of Recommendation. For professional programs, applicants are typically required to submit two professional LORs. However, if an applicant lacks substantial work experience, one academic LOR is accepted. ESMT Berlin doesn’t provide a specific format for LORs, giving recommenders flexibility..

  • Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU Munich):

LMU Munich, as one of Germany's leading research universities, often requires LORs as part of the application process. Academic references are commonly sought for both undergraduate and graduate programs. These LORs should highlight the applicant's academic achievements, participation in research, and potential for further studies.

  • Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Humboldt University of Berlin):

While there may not be strict guidelines on the number of LORs, submitting two academic references is often considered beneficial. The university values LORs that provide a comprehensive view of the applicant’s suitability for the chosen program, highlighting both strengths and potential areas for growth.

Mastering LORs for top German universities is a strategic process. By incorporating the outlined components and understanding university-specific requirements, you enhance your chances of a successful application.

Study Abroad
Study in Germany
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants