Engineering and Technology in Ireland: Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers Sulekha Study Abroad

Study Abroad Team 31/01/2024
3 Mins Read

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Highlights of Engineering and Technology Course in Ireland 

Ireland is home to some of the most prestigious engineering colleges and universities. Therefore, engineering aspirants and students regard studying in Ireland as a haven. After the United Kingdom and the United States, every student who aspires to pursue an Engineering and Technology course is particularly interested in Ireland. 

Numerous students from different nations, after the completion of the 12th standard, opt to pursue an Engineering and Technology program to build their careers as engineers. Most of them choose to study engineering overseas, especially in Ireland, owing to a plethora of facilities and a higher standard of education.

Irish colleges and universities that offer various bachelor's or Master's degrees in engineering specializations prioritize students' holistic development. Professional recognized bodies like Engineers Ireland accredit engineering programs that higher education institutions in Ireland offer. 

More than 23 Irish engineering institutions offer different engineering courses ranging from civil engineering to computer engineering and electrical engineering to environmental engineering. The highly qualified teaching faculty at leading engineering colleges and universities in Ireland plays an instrumental role. It helps students enrich all requisite skills and knowledge pertinent to varying engineering specialization.

Why Study Engineering and Technology in Ireland?

Ireland has already established itself as a global hub for innovation and cutting-edge technology, which makes this country perfect for nurturing engineering talents. Moreover, globally renowned tech giants are present across this famous European nation. Ireland has become the go-to study-abroad destination among international engineering aspirants for the past few years.

At least 7 of the prestigious Irish higher education institutions are on the list of the world's best universities for engineering and technology. Trinity College Dublin is Ireland's top engineering institute because of its highly advanced infrastructure, excellent facilities, and top-notch education standards. 

Pursuing an engineering program at an Irish college or university can immensely benefit international students as they receive industry training from the world's top IT companies. A lucrative and rewarding career is specific for those who study an engineering program in Ireland and obtain a degree from a renowned institute. 

Aside from providing the highest quality education, most private engineering institutions in Ireland charge a reasonable tuition fee. All Irish public colleges and universities offering different engineering programs across various levels do not require students to pay tuition.  All engineering programs an institute in Ireland offers are accredited, corroborating that graduates possess the requisite skills to deliver excellent performances.

Employment opportunities for competent engineers in Ireland have increased significantly in recent times. The business environment is supportive, and Ireland's engineering and technology sector is booming. The country is investing substantial time, effort, and money in conducting research and development besides meeting the shortage of proficient engineers. 

International students do not experience any language barrier while studying at Irish universities, as these institutes teach engineering programs entirely in English.  Ireland's standard of living is high compared to several other European nations. International students who visit this country from the Asian or African continent find the weather extremely pleasant, the culture exciting, and the locals very cordial. 

Types of Engineering and Technology Courses in Ireland

Top-ranked engineering institutes in Ireland offer multiple engineering and technology courses across different levels. 

  • B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
  • B.E. in Electronic/Electric Engineering
  • B.E. in Chemical Engineering
  • B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
  • B.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering
  • B.E. in Environmental Engineering
  • B.E. in Mechatronic Engineering
  • M.E. in Biomedical Engineering
  • M.E. in Software Engineering
  • M.E. in Renewable Energy Systems
  • M.Sc. in Data Analytics for Engineering

List of Universities Offering Engineering and Technology Courses in Ireland

Here are the leading Irish engineering colleges and universities that are top-rated and immensely popular among international students who wish to pursue an engineering program.

  • National University of Ireland
  • Trinity College Dublin
  • Dublin City University
  • University College Cork
  • Maynooth Institute
  • University of Limerick
  • Dublin Institute of Technology
  • Waterford Institute of Technology

Engineering and Technology Course Admission Process

Students from India and other countries who want to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in engineering and technology at an Irish institute must apply via the official application portal. Meeting the admission requirements must be the sole priority of every applicant wanting to enroll in a coveted engineering program at a reputed institute in Ireland. 

One can gain proper knowledge of the application deadline and the fee they must pay to apply to a desired Bachelor's or Master's degree course in engineering and technology. Moreover, complying with the guidelines of an engineering college or university in Ireland is necessary for all applicants to increase the possibility of securing admission.

The admission requirements vary slightly from one Irish engineering institution to the other. However, the standard part is every institute requires applicants to provide all necessary information while filling out the application form and submitting every critical document. Making the payment of the application fee ends the admission process. 

Eligibility Criteria

  • Native and international applicants who want to secure admission to a top Irish institute and pursue a desired undergraduate program in engineering must complete the 12th standard. 
  • Each applicant must be from the Science stream, with chemistry, physics, and mathematics as mandatory subjects. UG program applicants must secure at least 60% aggregate in higher secondary examination or equivalent.
  • Those who want to apply to a Master's degree course in engineering and technology at a university in Ireland must hold a Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized institute.
  • Each PG program applicant must have an aggregate of over 60% to be eligible for the coveted course.
  • Scoring above 6.5 in IELTS or 80 in TOEFL is a must for applicants who belong to non-English speaking countries. Proving their proficiency in the English language is a must to secure admission successfully.
  • Submitting all necessary documents along with the form during application is vital for everyone who applies to a UG or PG degree program in engineering and technology.

Documents Required

  • Passport copy
  • Passport size photographs
  • 10th and 12th standard academic certificates (UG course applicants)
  • Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (PG program applicants)
  • IELTS or TOEFL certificate
  • Letter of recommendation
  • Statement of purpose
  • Proof of funds
  • Proof of medical insurance

Proficiency Test

Proving English language proficiency is a must for international applicants who do not hail from an English-speaking country. So, scoring good marks in IELTS or TOEFL is necessary.

Visa Process

After receiving admission approval, applying for a study visa to Ireland is critical. This visa makes it possible to enter, live, or study in the country. Presenting all critical records alongside the application structure online is an unquestionable necessity for each visa candidate. Properly executing the visa application procedure will help one get the study visa quickly.

Cost of Engineering and Technology Programs in Ireland

Tuition Fees: A Bachelor's degree program in engineering and technology costs around 22,000 -24,500 EUR per year, and a Master's in engineering and technology is anywhere between 20,5000-35,000 EUR every year. 

Living Cost: It will take around 8,000 to 12,000 EUR every year for an international student to spend on accommodation, food, travel, and miscellaneous expenses when living and studying in Ireland.

Scholarships for Engineering and Technology Programs in Ireland

Students who secure admission at an Irish institute can apply for these scholarships.

  • Government of Ireland Scholarships
  • India Undergraduate Scholarship
  • Global Excellent Scholarships
  • The DIT Centenary Scholarship Program

Job Opportunities on Completion of Engineering and Technology Programs in Ireland

Students who obtain a degree after completing an engineering program from a prestigious college or university in Ireland get high-paying jobs within a few months after graduation. Most engineering graduates work at top companies in Ireland, such as Microsoft, Apple, Dell, Alphabet, etc. An engineering consultant in Ireland earns an average of 130,600 EUR per year.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do Irish engineering and technology institutes provide any assistance to students?

All top-ranked and esteemed engineering colleges and universities in Ireland provide all-inclusive support services for each international student.

  • Are there any clubs or organizations in Ireland to look after international students' concerns? 

Several student clubs and organizations address every issue that international students face.

  • Which are the two most popular engineering institutes in Ireland?

Trinity College Dublin and Dublin City University are the most sought-after institutions among international engineering aspirants.

  • Which is the most in-demand engineering course in Ireland? 

Mechanical engineering and Civil engineering are Ireland's two most in-demand engineering specializations.

  • What is the average annual salary of an engineer in Ireland? 

The average yearly remuneration of a professional engineer is 35,000 EUR in Ireland.         

Study Abroad
Study in Ireland
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants