Hospitality and Tourism Management in Ireland: Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 02/02/2024
3 Mins Read

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Highlights Hospitality and Tourism Management Course in Ireland

Ireland is a suitable destination for everyone who aspires to study Hospitality and Tourism Management abroad. The demand for intelligent, confident, and competent individuals worldwide in the hospitality and tourism sector is always high. So, landing a high-paying job with a bachelor's or master's degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management from a top Irish institute is very easy.

Ireland boasts some of Europe's best colleges and universities that offer high-quality Hospitality and Tourism Management programs. These courses teach students a clear understanding of food quality management techniques, besides conducting different activities and ensuring proper accommodation. Those who enjoy traveling and interacting with people pursue these programs while they study in Ireland.

Irish higher education institutions where international students study Hospitality and Tourism Management help them acquire all those skills they need to excel in their careers. Mastering the art of catering to guests' requirements and meeting their satisfaction level is what one can learn very well when pursuing these courses. 

Around 12 well-reputed higher education institutions in Ireland offer Hospitality and Tourism Management programs across different levels. The Institute of Hospitality accredits bachelor's and master's degree courses in Hospitality and Tourism Management.

Why Study Hospitality and Tourism Management in Ireland?

  • Ireland is home to a few of the world's leading universities renowned for offering high-quality Hospitality and Tourism Management courses. 
  • Each of these institutes boasts a state-of-the-art infrastructure, and experienced teaching faculty and provides all sorts of facilities that contribute to students' studies. 
  • The demand for individuals with a bachelor's or master's degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management is high in Ireland. 
  • Graduates and postgraduates from Irish institutes with a Hospitality and Tourism Management degree succeed in pursuing a lucrative and rewarding career in the hospitality and tourism sector.
  • The Hospitality and Tourism Management course curriculum that Irish universities require students to follow helps them enrich their analytical and management abilities. 
  • Students with a degree in hospitality and tourism management can quickly become a part of Ireland's hospitality traditions and culture if they graduate from a prestigious Irish institute.
  • Pursuing a degree program in Hospitality and Tourism Management at an Irish college or university can enable students to gain access to a global network of hospitality and tourism industry experts.
  • The Government of Ireland provides scholarships and other financial assistance to native and international students if they meet the eligibility criteria. 
  • International students who stay and study in Ireland find the culture vibrant and a high standard of living. Moreover, communicating with a local isn't a big deal as everyone in Ireland is proficient in English.

Types of Hospitality and Tourism Management Courses in Ireland

Here are some famous Hospitality and Tourism Management courses that aspirants can pursue at top Irish institutions.

  • BA Hospitality and Tourism Management
  • BA Hospitality Management
  • BA in International Hotel Management
  • BA Hospitality Studies
  • BA in International Tourism
  • MS Business and Hospitality
  • MSc in Hospitality Management
  • MSc in Global Hospitality Management and Intercultural Communication
  • MA in Tourism Management
  • MA in International Tourism

List of Universities Offering Hospitality and Tourism Management Courses in Ireland

A decent number of students from India and many other countries choose Ireland to pursue their coveted degree courses in Hospitality and Tourism Management. This nation is home to top-ranked higher education institutes offering Hospitality and Tourism Management courses. Here are those Irish institutes.

  • Griffith College
  • Technical University Dublin
  • Dublin Institute of Technology
  • Atlantic Technological University
  • Athlone Institute of Technology
  • University of Galway
  • University of Limerick
  • Waterford Institute of Technology
  • National University of Ireland
  • Cork Institute of Technology

Hospitality and Tourism Management Course Admission Process

International students intending to pursue a Hospitality and Tourism Management program at an esteemed Irish college or university must conduct the application process correctly. It is essential to check the official websites of all those institutions where one wants to secure admission. An applicant can quickly learn about the application deadline as well as the application fee.

Every Irish institute requires applicants to follow the stringent rules and regulations related to admission. Meeting an institute's requirements is imperative for an applicant to secure admission. Providing all necessary information is a must when filling out the application form. Additionally, the submission of every vital document is of the utmost importance.

Eligibility Criteria

  • International students who apply for an undergraduate degree course in Hospitality and Tourism Management must complete 12th Grade. 
  • Interested UG program applicants must submit a copy of the higher secondary pass certificate or equivalent.
  • Those who want to apply for a master's degree program in Hospitality and Tourism Management must hold a bachelor's degree in a related discipline.
  • Proving English language proficiency is a must for every international student who isn't from an English-speaking nation. So, scoring at least or more than the required marks in TOEFL or IELTS is a must for everyone who wants to enroll in a Hospitality and Tourism Management program.
  • Submission of all necessary documents is of the utmost importance for UG and PG course applicants.

Documents Required

  • 12th-grade pass certificate or equivalent
  • A copy of the passport
  • Passport photographs
  • Official academic transcripts
  • A relevant bachelor's degree (master's degree course applicants)
  • IELTS or TOEFL certificate
  • SOP
  • LOR
  • Proof of funds
  • Proof of health insurance
  • Updated Resume or CV 

Proficiency Test

Irish institutes require international applicants who hail from a non-English speaking country to prove their English language expertise to secure admission. Therefore, appearing for IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE and scoring higher marks in one of these English proficiency tests is vital.

Visa Process

Applying for an Ireland study visa earlier is crucial to avoid experiencing unwanted problems later. Without this visa, one can't enter the nation, reside, and study there. Presenting all essential reports alongside the application form online matters the most for each visa candidate. One can get a study visa by correctly conducting the visa application process.

Cost Hospitality and Tourism Management Cost in Ireland

Tuition Fees: A degree program in hospitality and tourism management costs between 10,000 and 14,500 EUR annually.

Living Costs: International students who pursue a Hospitality and Tourism Management program in Ireland require anywhere between 8,000 and 12,000 EUR every year to bear expenses related to housing, food, and travel.

Scholarships Hospitality and Tourism Management Course in Ireland

Here are the scholarships for which a student who secures admission to an Irish college or university to pursue a Hospitality and Tourism Management course can apply.

  • Centenary Scholarship Program
  • Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships
  • Hugh Lane Full bright Gallery Curatorial Award
  • International Student Scholarship

Job Opportunities Hospitality and Tourism Management Course in Ireland

A student with a degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management from an Irish institute gets lucrative career opportunities. A graduate or postgraduate bags a high-paying job within a few months after obtaining the coveted degree from a college or university in Ireland. The average annual salary of a reputed 5-star hotel or tour agency general manager is 55,600 EUR every year.

Frequently Asked Questions 

  • How suitable is Ireland for Pursuing Hospitality and Tourism Management Courses?

Ireland is renowned for its hospitality and tourism industry. So, it is an ideal study abroad destination for everyone who aspires to pursue a hospitality and tourism management program.

  • Where should I Study Hospitality and Tourism Management in Ireland?

Some of the reputed and top-ranked Irish institutes that offer bachelor's and master's degree courses in hospitality and tourism management include Dublin Institute of Technology, Shannon College of Hotel Management, University of Galway, and Cork Institute of Technology. 

  • What is the Duration of a Hospitality and Tourism Management Program in Ireland?

An undergraduate degree program in hospitality and tourism management takes 3-4 years, and a postgraduate degree course lasts 1-2 years.

  • Which is the Best Program in Tourism and Management in Ireland?

A bachelor's degree program in tourism and management in Ireland is what an aspirant can pursue for a lucrative and rewarding career.

  • How many Jobs Does Ireland's Hospitality and Tourism Sector Generate each year?

Every year, Ireland's hospitality and tourism sector generates over 130 thousand jobs. 

Study Abroad
Study in Ireland
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 186 Answers - 192
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants