Computer Science and Information Technology in Ireland: Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 31/01/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Computer Science is the study of different computer software and hardware and aims to study information processing. It also involves the analysis of algorithms, data structures, artificial intelligence, and network design. The fields that come under computer science study are computer engineering, information systems, information technology, and software engineering. Studying in Ireland will be a great option.

Information Technology involves the management of computers and information systems. It also helps to coordinate and assemble existing computer systems to solve problems. The fields under Information Technology are business intelligence analysis, customer support technician, cybersecurity, cloud computing, augmented reality, and virtual reality. Both educational streams come under the same umbrella. 

Highlights of the Computer Science and Information Technology in Ireland Course in Ireland

Students learn to create and run software systems by studying Computer Science and IT. They are constantly taught how to work with different computational theories and algorithms. By developing such skills, students can solve many digital problems. They can also implement these problem-solving skills in sociology, industry, business, and science. 

A Computer Science and IT degree involves learning coding and programming languages like Python, Java, C++, PHP, and SQL. After graduation, students are equipped with research, technical writing, project management, art and design, analytical, technical, logical, and mathematical skills.

Why Study Computer Science and Information Technology in Ireland

Universities in Ireland allow students to network with computer and technology industry experts. It also motivates them to focus on research-oriented studies and exposes them to productive work opportunities. These universities support students in entering cybersecurity, software engineering, and autonomous systems careers. Ireland also offers a 2-year post-study work visa to international students. Through this, they can tailor their degree with the help of the advanced technical skills that are mentioned above. 

Ireland provides a quality education through its undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Computer Science and IT. There has also been an increase in IT jobs in the last half-decade. Students and graduates can intern or work in technology firms. Apart from this, students can also launch their startups.  Ireland's education is cost-effective compared to other Western countries and offers scholarships to international students.

Types of Courses in Computer Science and Information Technology in Ireland

Irish universities offer many postgraduate programs in Computer Science and IT. They are Cyber Security, UX Design, Web Technologies, Computer Networks, Artificial Intelligence, and Cloud Computing.

The undergraduate programs in Computer Science and Information Technology taught in Irish universities are Software Engineering, Digital Systems, Business IT, Electronics and Computing, and Computer Engineering. Other undergraduate programs are Machine Learning and Data Engineering, Robotics, Game Development, Systems Engineering, and Computer Applications.

List of Universities Offering Computer Science and Information Technology Programs in Ireland

  • Dublin City University- This university offers three postgraduate degrees in Computer Science. They are MSc in Secure Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, and Fintech and Technology Innovation. Students are trained theoretically and practically in entrepreneurship, communication, technology, and science. 
  • Trinity College Dublin- This university ranks 81 in the QS World Ranking as of 2023. The university motivates students to combine theoretical knowledge with practical skills. It provides postgraduate programs in Future Networked Systems, Data Science, and Augmented and Virtual Reality.
  • University College Cork- The Computer Science programs at this university stress the importance of innovation and entrepreneurship in computer software. Students are taught the skills of working in artificial intelligence, system security, data, and software development. They offer a Master of Science in Data Science and Analytics and an MSc in Computer Science. 
  • University College Dublin- This university offers three postgraduate programs. They are MSc in Data Analytics, Social Data Analytics, and Data and Computational Science. They also offer four undergraduate degrees. They are BSc in Computer Science, Computer Science with Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics and Education, and Introduction to Computer Science.
  • University of Galway- The School of Computer Science at the University of Galway offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Undergraduate degrees offered are a BSc in Computer Science and Information Technology and a BA in Information Technology. The doctoral degrees that are shown are Software Design and Development, Data Analytics and Visualization, and Cybersecurity. Other Master's programs are Artificial Intelligence, and Cloud Computing, and Software Development.

Admission Process to Computer Science and Information Technology in Ireland

Most of the Computer Science and IT programs Irish universities offer are postgraduate degrees. Therefore, applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject like Computer Engineering or Computer Science. They need to acquire a minimum score of 60% from a recognized university. They also need to provide evidence of English language proficiency. 

Applicants can fill out the application form for the university before the deadline. 

Eligibility Criteria

For postgraduate programs, applicants are expected to have industrial experience in computer science and IT. They also need to provide English language proficiency by taking the following exams. They are IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL.

Documents Required

The documents that are needed for admission to a Computer Science and Information Technology School in IRELAND are:

  • Academic Transcripts
  • Bachelor's degree certificate
  • IELTS/TOEFL/PTE scores
  • Valid passport
  • Work experience evidence
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Reference Letters
  • University acceptance letter
  • Application fee payment receipt
  • Financial statements

Proficiency Test

Applicants' minimum score in IELTS is 6.5, in PTE, it is 50, and in TOEFL, it is 90.

Visa Process

International students need to complete the online visa application form. Then, they need to submit all the copies of the necessary documents. The third step would be the application submission and booking an appointment with VFS. At the VFS, applicants will have to submit their biometrics.

Cost of Computer Science and Information Technology Programs in Ireland

  • Tuition Fees- The average tuition fees for Computer Science and IT postgraduate programs range from INR 15,00,000 to INR 23,00,000 annually. The tuition fees for undergraduate programs start from INR 13,00,000 per year.
  • Cost of Living- International students' living costs range from INR 6,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 annually.

Scholarships for Computer Science and Information Technology in Ireland

Irish universities offer the following scholarships for international students:

  • Max Arthur Macaullife Special Merit Scholarship
  • Sir Peter Fryer Special Merit Scholarship
  • Centenary Scholarship Program
  • V.V Giri Global Excellence Scholarship
  • Post Graduate Merit Scholarship

Additionally, universities have their subjective scholarship programs. While applying to these universities, sometimes they can automatically submit a scholarship application form along with the program application form.

Job Opportunities on Completion of Computer Science and Information Technology in Ireland

Graduates who have passed out with Computer Science and IT degrees in Ireland can work as data scientists, software engineers, data analysts, and database developers, among others.

FAQS

1. Can international students work while studying in Ireland?

Yes, students can do internships or part-time jobs while studying in Ireland. However, the part-time work limitation is only 15 hours per week on a student visa.

2. What are the best employers that hire Computer Science and IT graduates in Ireland?

Companies like Intel, Dell, IBM, and Accenture are open to hiring Computer Science and IT graduates in Ireland.

3. How long can an international student stay in Ireland after studying?

International bachelor graduates can stay for six months after graduation. Postgraduate students can remain in Ireland for up to 24 months after graduation.

4. Can international students study in Ireland without knowing Irish?

Yes, students need not know how to speak in Irish. However, they must provide English proficiency test evidence if the applicants are non-native English speakers.

5. How many international students graduate from higher Irish universities?

Over 66,000 international students graduate from Irish universities and higher educational institutions. Thus, we can see a diverse international student body in Ireland.

Study Abroad
Study in Ireland
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants