Hospitality and Tourism in Italy: Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 05/02/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Highlights of the Hospitality and Tourism in Italy

As one of the budget-friendly European countries offering international academic opportunities, Italy holds prestigious rankings and a significant history of educational success. Thirty-six universities in the nation rank among the top 100 institutes in the world. Studying in Italy will be a great option for Indian Students

Besides bachelor's and master's degree courses, the country offers various research opportunities. So, a learner who wishes to make greater strides in their career can consider Italy a sought-after international destination. 

Why Study Hospitality and Tourism in Italy?

Italy has a diverse culinary legacy and a rich assortment of architecture, music, and art. It's one of the countries offering immense prosperity and lucrative careers to international scholars. An international learner who wishes to pursue education in Italy can get progressive opportunities. 

An international Indian scholar can apply for courses like the following: 

  • BA in Tourism Management 
  • BA in Hospitality 
  • MA in Hospitality and Tourism Management 
  • Global MBA in Food & Wine
  • MA Design of Sustainable Tourism System 

With more than 3500 hotels having a four-star rating, Italy is a valuable case study for hospitality and hotel course applicants. Tourism and hospitality is one of Italy's most popular and in-demand courses. International scholars can learn from leading experts in tourism, hotel, and event management. 

Types of Hospitality and Tourism Couses in Italy

The hospitality industry in Italy is ever-booming. So, attending Hospitality and Tourism in Italy offers international scholars an opportunity to pursue their careers in this country. Italian universities offer premium-quality hospitality programs with practical understanding and theoretical knowledge. 

The vibrant culinary opportunities alongside global significance in opulent hospitality give scholars a chance to earn handsome salaries. Enlisted below are the Hospitality and Tourism courses available in Italy:

Diploma Opportunities

An undergraduate applicant can apply for a diploma certification to cultivate professional hospitality proficiencies in the following courses:

  • Hotel Management
  • Hospitality management
  • Culinary Arts and Gastronomy
  • Tourism and Hospitality

Bachelor's Degree Courses

Italian colleges and universities offer hotel management, hospitality management, culinary arts and gastronomy, and tourism and hospitality courses. An International candidate pursuing the course from an Italian university must pay €4,000 to €15,000 every year. EU/EEA students must pay tuition fees between €1,000 and €4,000 every year. 

Master Degree Certifications

A master's degree course offered by prestigious universities in Italy grooms scholars to become competent professionals. Courses like masters in hotel management, tourism and hospitality, and hospitality management offer lucrative career opportunities. Tuition fees for foreign scholars range between €6,000 and €25,000 annually.

PhD Courses

PhD degrees in Hospitality and Tourism focus on tourism development, hotel management, sustainable hospitality practices, and culinary arts. An international Indian scholar can pursue a Ph.D. program to explore academic and career opportunities in the above fields.

Research Options

Some Italian universities offer research opportunities for students pursuing hospitality courses. Aspirants can secure an established career by working on thesis projects or research assistantships. One can get hospitality-related research opportunities conducted by research centers or faculty.

List of Universities Offering Hospitality and Tourism in Italy

Here's the list of top Italian universities offering Hospitality and Tourism courses:

  • Università degli Studi di Macerata
  • IULM University 
  • University of Bologna
  • University of Florence
  • University of Cagliari

Admission Process

Applying for a Hospitality and Tourism course in Italy can be opted from the digital platform. Indian scholars pursuing a tourism course in an international country like Italy can apply online. The university or college needs to shortlist the candidate's form. Then, the applicant needs to prepare the fees. After selection, the college or university sends the acceptance letter to the scholar.

Eligibility Criteria

For the first cycle or bachelor's degree, candidates must hold a foreign school-leaving certification or senior secondary mark sheet. Master's or second-cycle degree aspirants must show their bachelor's degree certification gained in another/home country.

Contrarily, the PhD or third cycle degree courses in Italy require a student to present their master's degree qualification from an Italian university or other equivalent qualifications gained in their home country.

Documents Required

Enlisted below are the documents required to attend a Hospitality and Tourism course in Italy:

  • ID proof
  • A passport-sized photograph
  • Updated resume 
  • Academic transcript
  • Letter of recommendation
  • Application form
  • Portfolio 
  • A description of the former educational experience
  • Italian/English (TOEFL or IELTS) language scores

Proficiency Test

Language proficiency varies from one Italian university to another. One needs to check the official portal of the university before applying. In general, the English language proficiency test is important for international scholars who do not know the Italian language: 

  • TOEFL IBT: 80 to 99 
  • TOEFL PBT: 507 to 557
  • IELTS: 5.5 bands
  • TOEFL CBT: 180 to 217

Visa Process

After acquiring the letter of acceptance from the Italian university, a scholar must apply for a visa. EU and EEA students can get admission easily with a valid passport and ID proof. These scholars only need to register with a police station for the residential permit.

However, non-EEA/EU students must apply for a long-term D visa at €60. It's a type of visa for individuals who will live in the nation for more than three months. A scholar needs to apply for this visa three months before their study. 

Cost of Hospitality and Tourism in Italy

1. Tuition Fees

EU/EEA students need to spend €1,000-€4,000 per year for bachelor's degree courses, whereas non-EU/EEA learners need to pay €4,000-€15,000 each year. For master's degree courses, EU/EEA students pay €1,500-€6,000, and non-EU/EEA scholars pay €6,000-€25,000 annually.

2. Cost of Living

The cost of living in Italy depends on a few parameters, such as lifestyle, locality, and housing. The total monthly expense varies between €800 and €1,500:

  • Domes or shared apartments: €300-€600
  • Single-bedroom flats: €500-€1,000
  • Dining and food: €15 to €25
  • Public transport (buses and metros): €30-€60
  • Textbooks and course materials: €200-€300
  • Health insurance: €150-€200
  • Recreational activities, phone plans, and Internet: €100-€200

Scholarships for Hospitality and Tourism in Italy

The following scholarships are available for Hospitality and Tourism courses in Italy:

  • Italian Government Scholarships: It covers tuition fees and monthly allowance (€700-€1,000) for International scholars (undergraduate or postgraduate hospitality courses)
  • Politecnico di Milano Scholarships: International students can get €5,000 every year
  • Bologna Business School Scholarships: Foreign students get this merit-based scholarship that rang between €5,000 and €12,000

Job Opportunities on Completing Hospitality and Tourism in Italy

Hospitality and Tourism offer lucrative job opportunities with an annual salary of:

  • Hotel Manager: €40,000-€80,000 
  • Restaurant Manager:  €35,000-€60,000
  • Tourism Development Officer: €35,000-€60,000 per year
  • Front Office Manager:  €30,000-€50,000
  • Guest Relations Manager:  €30,000-€50,000
  • Travel Consultant:  €25,000-€40,000 per year

FAQs

What Is the Salary for an Event Planner in Italy Future After Pursuing Hospitality and Tourism in Italy?

An event planner's salary after graduating from the Hospitality and Tourism course ranges between €30,000 and €50,000 annually.

What is the Average TOEFL IBT Point a Scholar Needs to Pursue a Hospitality and Tourism in Italy?

The average TOEFL IBT score is between 80 and 99 for Hospitality and Tourism candidates in Italy. 

What Courses Are Offered for Hospitality and Tourism in Italy?

Italian universities provide hospitality and tourism scholars with diplomas, bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, Ph. D.s, and research opportunities.

Do Candidates Need a Resume While Applying for a Hospitality and Tourism Course?

Yes, aspirants need a resume alongside other documents like letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, and more.

What is the tuition fee for non-EU/EEA hospitality and tourism scholars in Italy?

The average tuition fee of non-EU/EEA hospitality and tourism scholars in Italy €6,000-€25,000 annually.

Study Abroad
Study in Italy
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 186 Answers - 192
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants