Artificial Intelligence in New Zealand:

Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 05/02/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Highlights of Artificial Intelligence Courses in New Zealand

Artificial Intelligence is one of the most promising fields of study today.  Multiple Universities to study in New Zealand offer courses and rewarding career opportunities in this domain.  New Zealand is home to several globally reputed Universities. The well-grown economy of the country substantially supports the research and development projects in this novel domain.

Besides pursuing a UG or PG course in New Zealand, students can also look for doctoral degrees in this field. Top-rated institutions like the University of Canterbury and the University of Auckland offer a plethora of courses in the field of AI. 

Why Study Artificial Intelligence Courses in New Zealand?

To begin with, Artificial Intelligence is the future of the technological world. Therefore, pursuing a course in this domain can only be rewarding for the student’s future. The global market has many opportunities for students with degrees in this domain. 

When it comes to studying in New Zealand, the reasons can be varied. The quality of education New Zealand’s Universities offer is world-class. All these reputed institutions have several veteran teachers who provide the students with in-depth knowledge and help them develop skills to get good jobs. 

Moreover, New Zealand is a prosperous country with a high GDP and a cosmopolitan society. Therefore, studying, working, and living in this country can be an excellent experience for all international students. 

Types of Artificial Intelligence Courses in New Zealand

The Universities in New Zealand offer numerous courses in the field of AI. The following list has only a few such courses. For more details, you can check the universities' websites.  

  • Bachelor’s in Artificial Intelligence
  • Master of Artificial Intelligence 
  • Bachelor of AI and Software Engineering 
  • PG Certificate in AI 
  • MS in AI
  • MS in Applied Science (AI)
  • PGD in Applied Science (AI)

Several Universities offer many more courses in the field of AI. For more details, the students should check the website. 

List of Universities Offering Artificial Intelligence Courses

New Zealand has numerous world-class Universities teaching AI courses in English. International students can apply to the following Universities to pursue a course in AI.  

  • University of Auckland
  • University of Canterbury
  • University of Otago
  • University of Waikato
  • Victoria University Of Wellington
  • Lincoln University 
  • Massey University 

Admission Process

To apply to any of the Universities in New Zealand, aspirants should follow the process mentioned below. 

  • Look for a university that has the AI course you want to pursue.
  • Before applying to any course, compare the courses (UG/ PG/ PGD) offered by different Universities in detail.
  • To apply to any university, you must fill out the application form online.
  • Before submitting, check all the information given.
  • Wait for the final list to appear on the University’s official portal. 
  • Prepare to fly to New Zealand and apply for your Visa. 

Eligibility Criteria

International students should fulfill specific parameters to be admitted to a university in New Zealand.  

  • To pursue a UG course in AI, the applicant must have a 10+2 degree in computer science, STEM subjects, Statistics, etc. In New Zealand, Universities pay more attention to GPA scores. Therefore, students with high grades have a better chance of getting selected.  
  • Many Universities in New Zealand ask for Language Proficiency Test scores. International students from non-English speaking countries can submit IELTS or TOEFL scores. 
  • You might require SOPs and/or LORs for some courses in some universities. 

Documents Required

Different Universities in New Zealand might require different sets of documents. However, here is a list of the common documents that almost every institution asks for.

  • Motivation letter
  • All grades and the modules of the course in English 
  • A copy of the certificate of graduation, post-graduation, or high school degree. 
  • English language proficiency proof
  • Your Passport (Should be valid)
  • One photograph of passport-size
  • Application fee payment proof  
  • Your updated resume
  • Samples of academic work, if any

Proficiency Test

English Language proficiency tests might or might not be necessary for AI courses in New Zealand. If necessary, most Universities set the bar at 6.5 for IELTS and around 60 for PTE. 

The Universities also accept TOEFL scores. However, this mark might vary from one institution to another. Check the university website in detail before applying for any course.  

Visa Process

Once you get selected and receive the confirmation letter from a University in New Zealand, you should apply for the Visa immediately.  

  • Fill out the study Visa application form online.
  • Your passport should be valid.
  • Pay the Visa application fee.
  • Submit the confirmation letter sent by the University.
  • Submit tuition fee payment proof.
  • You should have an accommodation in New Zealand
  • Bank Statement

Cost of Artificial Intelligence Courses in New Zealand

Getting admitted to a University in New Zealand to pursue a course in AI can be expensive for international students. However, the country offers several scholarships to foreign pupils to make the courses affordable. 

1. Tuition Fees

Depending on the type of course, the fee structure for pursuing an AI degree in New Zealand can differ.  

  • Bachelor’s Degree: NZD 40000 - 50000
  • Master’s Degree: NZD 45000 - 60000

2. Cost of Living

Living in New Zealand is not very expensive. Here is what an international student might need to live in New Zealand.

  • Accommodation: NZD 800–NZD 950 every month
  • Transport: NZD 10 to NZD 12
  • Utilities: NZD 200 every week
  • Food: NZD 200 to NZD 500 every week

Therefore, international students should have NZD 2000 to NZD 2500 to live properly in New Zealand. 

Scholarships for Artificial Intelligence Courses in New Zealand

For international students, scholarships remain the most important part. Students can look for the following scholarships to study AI in New Zealand.

  • Government Scholarships: These scholarships remain available for the brightest students applying to New Zealand universities' courses. Many of these cover the tuition fee entirely. 
  • University Scholarships: Some Universities also offer domain-specific scholarships. These could cover the tuition fee entirely or partially. 

Job Opportunities on Completing Artificial Intelligence Courses in New Zealand

New Zealand is a country of wide career opportunities. You will find multiple job opportunities after completing your AI course from a reputed University here. From banking to the IT sector, from the engineering industry to teaching, there will be no dearth of opportunities in New Zealand for graduates and postgraduates in AI. 

FAQs 

1. Is New Zealand safe for Indian students?

New Zealand is one of the safest countries for all international students, including Indians.  

2. Can I join a course in AI in New Zealand after the 12th?

Yes, you can join a UG course after the 12th. However, admission to these courses can be competitive. 

3. What is the climate in New Zealand like?

The northern part of the island country has a subtropical climate. But the southern part has a temperate climate, which is colder. To sum up, New Zealand is not extremely cold, and the temperature varies across the seasons and areas.

4. When does the application process begin in New Zealand Universities?

The admission process generally begins in October/November for the February/March semester. 

5. Does it take New Zealand universities a long time to send the acceptance letter?

No, applicants get their selection letter within 2-4 weeks of the submission date. 

Study Abroad
Study in New Zealand
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants