Business Administration in New Zealand:

Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 05/02/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Business administration is a career field that involves managing an organization's resources, time, and people. It demands a robust foundation of business practices, relevant experience, and building strong assets for a company or organization after the students study in New Zealand. Business administrators must learn to interface with customers, solve problems, be competitive, and be good at statistics.

Highlights About the Business Administration Program in New Zealand

Business Administration involves studying modules like finance, managerial accounting, marketing, organization, and management. 

Students also study business economics, marketing principles, organizational behavior, human resource management, financial knowledge, enterprise projects, economics, and entrepreneurship. It also covers business law, international business analysis, creativity in the enterprise, gamification, digital marketing and analytics, information systems, and applied business analytics.

Business administrators develop in many sectors, like small business and entrepreneurship, social enterprise, financial and capital markets, globalization, and international markets.

Why Study Business Administration in New Zealand?

The number of students who choose to study business in New Zealand increases year by year. On top of that, New Zealand's economy is sustainably growing. It provides and supports more and more businesses to grow. The country also houses world-class business schools.

Since the New Zealand dollar is on the rise, this is attracting economic prosperity and cultural diversity. This is evident when it comes to the influx of international students. New Zealand provides a productive environment for a globalized economy, international trade, and financial growth. This leads to the promotion of the enterprises of business owners and entrepreneurs.

Types of Courses Business Administration in New Zealand

New Zealand universities have the following Business Administration programs:

  • Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
  • Postgraduate Diploma in Business 
  • Postgraduate Diploma in Business- Professional Accountancy (Chartered Account)
  • Master of Business Administration
  • Executive Master of Business Administration
  • Business- Accountancy
  • Applied Management
  • International Business
  • Bachelor of Commerce- Global Studies Conjoint
  • Business Ethics and Sustainability Management
  • Commerce with Honors
  • Management Studies with Honors
  • Business- Global Communication
  • Supply Chain Management
  • Business Development
  • Employment Relations and Organization Studies
  • Marketing
  • Leadership Communication

List of Universities Offering Business Administration Programs in New Zealand

1. University of Otago- The Otago Business School at the University of Otago offers students a powerful global point of view. It prepares students for success in the highly competitive global economy. It is ranked first for research in New Zealand, and its MBA degree is ranked first in New Zealand. 95% of MBA graduates directly join the workforce or study further. The MBA program derives its course from three areas- reputable global business schools, consultants or business practitioners, and the university itself. 

2. Auckland University of Technology- This university provides a Master of Business Administration (MBA). It is for those who wish to be self-employed and grow their business skills. This will lead to a boost in their business and make it successful. The university has a faculty that helps students to network with business leaders in various fields. 

3. Auckland Institute of Studies- This university offers students a Bachelor of Business (BBus) degree and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. Their program structure specializes in International Business, Finance, Marketing, and Operations and Logistics.

4. University of Canterbury- The programs offered by this university help students delve into financial markets, explore innovative management techniques, and understand the dynamics of e-commerce. 

5. Victoria University of Wellington- The School of Management is part of the Wellington School of Business and Government. They offer a Bachelor of Commerce degree where students are taught the skills of innovation, entrepreneurship, policymaking, and creativity.

Admission Process

For admissions in New Zealand, students must remember to fill out the application form on the specific university website. Then, they must submit the necessary documents and submit the form before the deadline.

Eligibility Criteria

Students need to have evidence of English language proficiency. If applicants want to apply for a Master's program, they must have a Bachelor's degree. This degree should be in a related field like a Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Business degree. The Academic Board should recognize it as being at least equivalent to the New Zealand pass standard.

Documents Required

Applicants need to submit certain mandatory documents. 

  • IELTS/TOEFL/PTE scores
  • Letter of recommendation
  • X and XII formal schooling
  • Degree certificate
  • Statement of purpose
  • Passport
  • Academic transcripts
  • Resume
  • Unconditional offer letter

Proficiency Test

International students need to provide evidence for the English language proficiency exam. They can take either of the following ones:

  • IELTS (Academic): 6.5
  • TOEFL iBT: 79
  • PToE: 58
  • NZCEL L5

Visa Process

Students must choose the option to apply for a student visa. Then, they must check the requirements for the visa. The requirements are related to health, character and identity, financial situation, and skills and qualifications. Then, they must arrange the necessary documents. Once everything is ready and visa fees are arranged, students must apply online or on paper.

Cost of Business Administration Programs in New Zealand

1. Tuition Fees- An MBA degree in New Zealand costs around INR 20 lakh.

2. Cost of Living- The annual living costs for students in New Zealand range from INR 9,70,000 to INR 11,26,000.

Scholarships for Business Administration Programs in New Zealand

Students have the option to choose from many scholarships; they are:

  • Leaders of Tomorrow Entrance Scholarship
  • Lissie Rathbone Scholarship
  • Graeme and Mary Fogelberg Entrance Scholarship
  • Fanny Evans Postgraduate Scholarship for Women
  • Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships
  • Ralph Moir Memorial Entrance Scholarship

Job Opportunities for Completing Business Administration Programs in New Zealand

There are many career prospects for business administration graduates. They are:

  • IT director
  • Management Consultant
  • Sales Manager
  • Computer System Manager
  • Marketing Manager
  • Health Services Manager
  • Investment Banker

FAQs

1. What Is The Scope Of Business Administration In New Zealand?

Many corporate organizations have been recruiting business graduates because New Zealand is a steadily growing economy.

2. Is Providing Proof Of English-Language Proficiency To Secure Admission In New Zealand Compulsory?

If students belong to a country where English is not the native language, then they must provide proof of English-language proficiency through IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE. 

3. How Long Is A Degree In Business Administration In New Zealand?

A Masters in Business Administration (MBA) lasts for 18 to 24 months in New Zealand.

4. What Are The Subjects In Business Administration?

Business Administration covers accounting, economics, finance, human resource management, international business, information systems, etc.

5. How Is The Quality Of Education In New Zealand?

According to international surveys and tests, students from New Zealand are in the top 10 in terms of academic success worldwide.

Study Abroad
Study in New Zealand
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants