In-demand Courses to Pursue in New Zealand for Indian Students

Study Abroad Team 04/08/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

There are several reasons why Indian students choose to pursue their higher education in New Zealand. Compared to countries like the United States and the United Kingdom, the tuition fee charged by the colleges and universities in New Zealand is much lesser. As many study abroad consultants would confirm, educational institutions are also known for offering lucrative scholarships to international students.

If an Indian student is planning to study in New Zealand but is unsure which course they should take up, they should opt for one of the courses in high demand in the country. When they take such a course, they can be sure about getting good employment opportunities after completing their education.

Here are some of the in-demand courses to pursue in New Zealand for Indian students:

Design Innovation

Design innovation refers to the field of study where students learn how to create ideas that would work for consumers, is financially viable, and technologically feasible. Design innovation can be applied in various practices like engineering, product, fashion, and graphic design.

In New Zealand, many reputed universities offer courses in design innovation. The idea of continual renewability drives the processes and methods involved in design innovation. Besides creativity, Indian students keen on studying design innovation must also have a sense of entrepreneurship.

Forestry

Forestry refers to the craft and science involved in creating, planting, managing, repairing, and conserving woodlands and forests for the growth and development of human beings and the environment. Apart from plantations, forestry is carried out in natural stands as well. As a science, forestry encompasses physical, biological, managerial, political, and social sciences.

Colleges and universities in New Zealand offer a wide range of forestry courses, including Bachelor of Forestry Science, Bachelor of Forestry Science with Honors, Master of Forestry Science, and Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry. The University of Canterbury is one of the best institutions in New Zealand to study forestry.

Tourism

The tourism industry in New Zealand has seen massive growth in the last several years. After doing a Bachelor in Hospitality and Tourism from a university in New Zealand, Indian students understand how the country's tourism and hospitality business runs. It also educates them about human resource management and imparts marketing skills to them. Many New Zealand scholarships for Indian students are designed for those who plan to study hospitality and tourism.

The tourism and hospitality industry in New Zealand pays very well, and that’s one of the reasons behind a large number of Indian students opting for it. While many make a successful career in hotel management, some open their travel agencies. Some of the best universities in New Zealand for studying tourism and hospitality are Lincoln University, the University of Otago, and the University of Canterbury.

Oenology and Viticulture

Oenology and viticulture is one field of study that has gathered good momentum in the last few years, especially in New Zealand. Oenology refers to the science involved in making wine. Conversely, viticulture is the science or the process of growing, cultivating, and harvesting grapes. Most students study oenology and viticulture together.

Lincoln University is the best option in New Zealand for studying enology and viticulture. The university has a well-structured Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology program, which covers various topics related to winemaking, including basic science courses, pest management, and wine science.

Sports Development and Coaching

Indian students, who have a keen interest in sports, should consider studying sports development and coaching in New Zealand. Many reputed universities in New Zealand, like the University of Auckland, the University of Waikato, and the University of Otago, offer students a three-year program in the form of a Bachelor in Sports.

Sports is a very vast field, and an Indian student who pursues a Bachelor in Sports program can expect to get a variety of jobs in both New Zealand and their home country. Apart from sports management and administration, a Bachelor in Sports degree shows that a student has a good understanding of managing sports events and several other aspects related to sports.

Engineering

Just like any other country, engineering is one of the most sought-after courses in New Zealand. Universities in New Zealand offer a four-year program with practical and theoretical knowledge elements. Indian students, based on their interests, can choose from a variety of streams like civil engineering, automobile engineering, aerospace engineering, and software engineering, among others.

After completing their engineering course at a New Zealand-based university, Indian students can apply for job roles like software developer, analyst, quantity surveyor, consultant engineer, project manager, and research and design engineer. Some of the best universities in the country for pursuing an engineering course are the University of Auckland, Massey University, and the University of Otago.

Agricultural Science

These days, many Indian students studying abroad are the ones pursuing a course in agricultural science. Agricultural science refers to the science that deals with the production and processing of food and fiber. The different technologies involved in soil cultivation, animal production, crop cultivation, and harvesting are integral to agricultural science. It also consists of the processing of animal and plant products that humans consume.

Several leading universities in New Zealand, like the University of Auckland, Lincoln University, University of Canterbury, and the University of Otago, offer courses in agricultural science. An Indian student with a degree in agricultural science can work in a variety of industries or professional spaces ranging from food manufacturing companies to agricultural engineering institutes.

Business Administration

Many Indian students join colleges and universities in New Zealand to do a Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) or a Master of Business Administration (MBA) course. Business management is a good career choice for somebody with good management skills and wants to run their own business or propel the growth of big companies forward.

Some of the best institutes in New Zealand for studying business management are the University of Otago, Lincoln University, Auckland Institute of Studies, University of Canterbury, and the University of Waikato. After completing their course in business management, an Indian student can apply for jobs in different industries in New Zealand. They would also have the option of moving back to India and looking for suitable professional opportunities there.

Law

A good lawyer is always in demand. Apart from practicing independently, lawyers also have the option of working with a company or firm. After enrolling in a law college in New Zealand, an individual can specialize in one of the many options offered, like Public Law, International Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Law, and Human Rights Law.

A career in law is recommended for those with strong analytical skills and an interest in serving society. Many universities in New Zealand offer courses in law. Some of the most renowned ones are the Victoria University of Wellington, Auckland University of Technology, University of Otago, and University of Canterbury.

Psychology

A career in psychology works very well for those who are empathetic, observant, and keen to understand the human mind. New Zealand is a good study destination for Indian students to study psychology as it has several reputed universities offering well-designed courses in this field.

While many Indian students go to New Zealand to get a bachelor’s degree in psychology, many opt for a master’s course in psychology after graduation in another discipline. Some of the best institutions in New Zealand for pursuing a psychology course are the University of Auckland, the University of Otago, and the Victoria University of Wellington.

Study Abroad
Study in New Zealand
Courses&Programs
studyinnewzealand
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants