New Zealand University Admission Intakes: Everything You Need to Know

Study Abroad Team 23/11/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Types of Intake and Seasons

The universities and institutes in New Zealand have two significant intakes. Students can apply for admission during those intakes to acquire a seat in the desired course in the universities or institutes of New Zealand. The two major intakes in New Zealand that most people enroll in for admission are January/ February intake and July intake. However, these intakes might vary in some cases based on the chosen course and university. 

January/February Intake

Some of the essential tips and pointers that shouldn’t be missed while applying for January/February intake are as follows,

  • To apply for the January/February intake, the candidates must start planning in March and April.

  • The candidates must list universities and courses of interest during April and May and gather necessary information like eligibility criteria, admission process, and more to apply. 

  • Students must appear for foreign entrance exams like the GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE between June and November is ideal.

  • In August and September, while appearing for the foreign entrance exams, students must start applying for the universities and courses of their choice. 

  • The university will probably send the offer letter in October and November. The selected students can confirm their enrollment by accepting the offer letter.

  • After accepting the offer letter, the students must apply for education loans and scholarships in November and December.

  • The students must get their visas and prepare for departure in December and January. 

July Intake

  • The candidates must start planning in August to apply for the January/February intake.

  • The candidates must list universities and courses of interest during August and November and gather necessary information like eligibility criteria, admission process, and more to apply. 

  • Students must appear for foreign entrance exams like GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE between November and February.

  • Students must start applying for the universities and courses they choose in February and March while appearing for the foreign entrance exams. 

  • The university will probably send the offer letter in March and April. The selected students can confirm their enrollment by accepting the offer letter.

  • After accepting the offer letter, the students must apply for education loans and scholarships in April and July.

  • The students must get their visas and prepare for departure in June and July. 

Documents Required for the Intakes in Universities and Institutes in New Zealand

Some of the essential documents that are mandatory to apply for admission in these intakes are listed,

  • Foreign entrance exam certifications and test scores for PTE, TOEFL, IELTS, and more as proof of English language proficiency. 

  • Letter of recommendation or reference letters from college or employees.

  • A well-structured and fully drafted statement of purpose.

  • Proof of financial support to fund the course with the necessary documents. 

  • Scorecards of GRE and GMAT while applying for postgraduate degree programs. 

  • An updated resume with all the necessary details. 

Why Indian Students are Applying for Intakes in New Zealand

There are numerous reasons that push Indian students to apply for intakes in New Zealand. Some of the crucial factors that motivate the Indian students are,

  • The education system in New Zealand predominantly focuses on the overall growth and development of the students as it incorporates a student-centric approach. 

  • New Zealand incorporates various top universities known for its global reputation. Students enrolling in those universities look forward to a promising career.

  • There are no limits to the number of attempts for English language proficiency exams while applying for intakes in New Zealand.

  • The job opportunities and career enhancements are ample for Indian students in New Zealand universities and institutes. 

  • Due to its vast number of international students, New Zealand is predominantly known for its inclusivity and cultural diversity, embracing all cultures.

  • There are extensive scholarship opportunities for international students offered by New Zealand universities that make it easy for the students in their financial end.

Study Abroad
Study in New Zealand
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants