Top Universities in New Zealand for Indian Students

Study Abroad Team 27/12/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

While making a list of foreign countries they should consider studying in, Indian students do not miss out on mentioning New Zealand. Several reputed universities in New Zealand feature at the top of the QS World Rankings. The country's government uses a large part of its resources to improve and strengthen its education system. Every study abroad consultant, therefore, highly recommends New Zealand as one of the best educational destinations for Indian students.

The tuition fee charged by most educational institutions in New Zealand is relatively moderate, and many universities offer scholarships to students as well. If an Indian student goes through a university's website in New Zealand, they will get a lot of relevant information about the institution from there.

When Indian student plans to study in a foreign country, they also expect the country to offer them the kind of facilities and amenities that contribute towards making their stay pleasant and comfortable. A large number of tourists visit New Zealand to explore its natural beauty. Besides its beautiful coastline, New Zealand is known for its vast mountain ranges and majestic countryside.

After finishing their course or program, Indian students would look back at the high-quality education their university provided them and think fondly of all the beautiful memories New Zealand gave them. Once an Indian student manages to secure a seat in one of the prestigious universities in New Zealand, they can be sure about their future brimming with solid professional opportunities.

Here are the top universities in New Zealand for Indian students:

University of Otago

The University of Otago is not just one of the best universities in New Zealand; it is one of the world's top-ranking universities. Apart from its well-structured courses, the University of Otago is known for its highly qualified faculty members who ensure their teachings resonate with local and international students.

Many Indian students apply for the University of Otago owing to its high employability rate. While studying at the university, students are imparted with the skills that help them get lucrative jobs and keep moving forward in their professional careers. Apart from having a good grasp on the subjects they were taught, students also tend to have strong interpersonal and analytical skills.

University of Auckland

The University of Auckland is the largest in New Zealand, spread across five sprawling campuses. Established in the year 1883, the university enjoys an excellent reputation across the world. Some of the individual academic disciplines offered by the university are geography, pharmacy and pharmacology, archaeology, engineering, and performing arts.

The university is credited with imparting education to some of the respected luminaries of the modern world, from the legendary politician Maurice O'Rorke to the rugby player John Graham. Apart from receiving high-quality education, Indian students should expect getting exposed to different cultures and sensibilities while studying at this university.

University of Canterbury

The University of Canterbury, established in 1873, has a solid academic reputation in New Zealand. The university offers Indian students interested in undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various disciplines. The faculty members have several years of experience behind them and are good at preparing students for their professional careers.

The University of Canterbury is known for its high-end research facilities that are open to students. The research centers in the university have been responsible for several essential studies conducted across disciplines like science, engineering, business, and humanities. By taking an educational loan for studies abroad, Indian students can enroll themselves at the University of Canterbury.

The Victoria University of Wellington

Established in 1897, the University of Wellington offers a wide range of courses for local and international students. It is, however, known for offering very well-structured courses in disciplines like law, science, and humanities. While applying for this university, students can choose from more than 30 undergraduate programs and over 130 postgraduate courses.

The university is located in Wellington, which happens to be the capital city of New Zealand. The metropolitan city is known to have great weather throughout the year and offers students enough entertainment options to engage themselves with. The city is also known for its historic building boasting spellbinding architecture.

Massey University

Massey University was founded in the year 1927 as a small architectural college. With time, it expanded substantially, and today, it has three sprawling campuses in Albany, Manawatu, and Wellington. It also happens to be the largest residential university in the country. The specialized courses offered by the university in disciplines like nanoscience, dispute resolution, aviation, veterinary, and medicine.

The university offers multiple scholarships to international students. In the past, many Indian students successfully secured these scholarships and pursued a course or program of their choice at zero or minimal cost. The average tuition fee charged by Massey University ranges from NZD 28,000 to NZD 35,000. While applying for Massey University, applicants must check for Ph.D. scholarships for Indian students.

Lincoln University

Whether an Indian student plans to opt for an undergraduate program or enroll in a post-graduation course, opting for Lincoln University proves to be a good move for them. The university has tie-ups with leading companies and organizations in New Zealand and, therefore, offers students with good placement opportunities.

Lincoln University has the highest number of Ph.D. and master's students in the country. A large number of these students are the ones who come from India. The institution has made a formidable name for itself as a research university and offers a large selection of courses for students to choose from. The university also has a provision for allowing students to switch from one disciple to another when they wish to.

University of Waikato

The University of Waikato was established in 1964 in Hamilton, New Zealand. Apart from its campus expanding significantly, the university has become more respectable with time. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses and is divided into seven faculties, education, arts and social sciences, engineering, management, computing, mathematical sciences, indigenous studies, and law.

The University of Waikato is known for encouraging students to engage in extensive research while doing a particular course or program. The students, who have graduated from the university, are responsible for several important innovations and discoveries. By participating in research-based activities, students' analytical skills get sharpened, and they feel far more confident while appearing for job interviews.

The Auckland University of Technology

Ranked as one of the best universities in the world, the Auckland University of Technology is the third largest university in the country if one considers student enrolment. Along with five faculties, the university is based in three specialist locations. Every year, many Indian students enroll themselves in the Auckland University of Technology.

Established in 1895 as a regular technical school, the Auckland University of Technology has grown significantly both in size and reputation. Out of the three primary campuses of the university, two offer accommodation for students. A shuttle bus service is also provided to students. A couple of years back, the university launched many new student research centers. New Zealand scholarships for Indian students help significantly in covering several expenses while studying at the Auckland University of Technology.  

Study Abroad
Study in New Zealand
Colleges&Universities
studyinnewzealand
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants