Victoria University of Wellington: Rankings, Courses, Admission, Fees, Scholarships & Placements

Study Abroad Team 25/03/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Victoria University of Wellington is a public university established in 1897 by Act of Parliament in Wellington, New Zealand. The programs offered by the University are split across ten faculties, offering more than 100 programs. The University offers an array of programs ranging from Architecture and Design Innovation to law. The University invites applications from students across 116 nations. The University has a global reputation for academic excellence and industry connections. Students here can learn from the nation's researchers, creative talents, and decision-makers. 

  • Victoria University of Wellington holds the 236th position in the QS World University Rankings. 
  • It was awarded the 495th position in the Best Global Universities Ranking given by Times Higher Education. 

Victoria University of Wellington Highlights 

The Victoria University of Wellington offers an array of facilities to its students. Some of the exclusive facilities that the Victoria University of Wellington offers are: 

  • The University is spread across three campuses; its other sites are spread out over Wellington. 
  • The Victoria University of Wellington aims to build a sustainable campus and deliver world-class research facilities to its students. This will enable the University to foster the leaders of tomorrow. 
  • The University houses the world-class Ferrier Research Institute, part of their Gracefield Innovation Quarter. The research team here works on commercial projects for clients and projects on applied research. 
  • The University has a coastal ecology lab that supports the coastal ecology research of the faculty of Biological Sciences.  
  • The Victoria University of Wellington has a purposefully built art gallery, the Adam Art Gallery, at the Kelburn Campus. 

Victoria University of Wellington Admissions 

UG Admissions 

  • Candidates are required to fill up their admission form and upload the necessary documents on the student portal of the University.
  • The candidates will have to meet the English language requirements of the University. Therefore, they must submit a certificate to prove their English language proficiency. 
  • Interested candidates must submit their senior school certificate, in which they must score an overall average of about 75%. 
  • Candidates must have completed their general secondary education and one year of undergraduate degree study at a tertiary institution. 

PG Admissions 

  • To secure entry into a postgraduate degree, students must acquire the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution. They must also possess an overall average of B. 
  • Students are also required to submit a certificate proving their English language proficiency. 
  • The candidates will have to submit certified copies of their original documents in English. 
  • The students must complete their application online by creating an account on the University's student portal. 

Ph.D. Admissions 

  • Interested candidates will have to submit their applications online using the online doctoral application system of the University. 
  • Students will have to possess a Bachelor's degree with honors or a Master's degree with an overall GPA of 6. 
  • They can also provide evidence to the Dean of the University, proving their ability and required training to pursue a doctoral degree at the University.
  • The students must also be accepted by the Associate Dean and Head of the School of the faculty they are applying to.
  • The students will have to arrange references from two referees and upload a sample of their academic writing in English. 
  • The students must also prepare a research proposal for their intended research report. 

Eligibility Criteria 

UG Programs 

  • A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS. 
  • A minimum overall score of 80 in TOEFL. 
  • An average of 75% in their senior school examination. 

PG Programs 

  • A minimum GPA of 6 in their undergraduate degree. 
  • A minimum overall score of 6.5 in IELTS. 
  • A minimum score of 90 in TOEFL.

Victoria University of Wellington Programs

 The University offers an array of courses to its undergraduate and postgraduate students. Some of the popular courses that the Victoria University of Wellington offers are: 

UG Programs 

  • Bachelor's in Accounting 
  • Bachelor's in Actuarial Science 
  • Bachelor's in Animation and Visual Effects 
  • Bachelor's in Architecture 
  • Bachelor's in Biology 
  • Bachelor's in Biotechnology 
  • Bachelor's in Business Ethics and Sustainability Management 
  • Bachelor's in Chemistry 
  • Bachelor's in Commercial Law 
  • Bachelor's in Computer Science 
  • Bachelor's in Economics 
  • Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronic Engineering 
  • Bachelor's in Human Resource Management and Employment Relations 

PG Programs 

  • Master's in Architectural Studies 
  • Master's in Biomedical Science 
  • Master's in Biotechnology 
  • Master's in Business Administration
  • Master's in Business Analysis 
  • Master's in Chemistry 
  • Master's in Computer Graphics 
  • Master's in Economics 
  • Master's in Finance 

Victoria University of Wellington Accommodation 

 The University provides comfortable and safe accommodation options to its students. Some of the most popular accommodation options available to the students of the Victoria University of Wellington are: 

  • Halls of Residence: These apartment-like buildings house numerous students in single or double bedrooms. These provide a safe and secure environment for the students. These are closely located to the University campuses. Students can stay at catered halls, where they would be served meals, or at self-catered halls, where they have to cook for themselves.  
  • Private Accommodation: Students can rent a private apartment in the city and enjoy certain benefits. The students can enjoy their privacy and independence and choose an apartment that suits their budget. They can choose the apartment at their desired location in the city. 
  • Homestays: Students can also stay with local families and acquire a distinct experience. The students will enjoy a safe and comfortable home environment, home-cooked meals, and furnished beds. 

Victoria University of Wellington Course Fee   

The approximate course fees to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the Victoria University of Wellington are as follows:

  • The course fee for an undergraduate program at the Victoria University of Wellington is 24 Lakhs INR.
  • The course fee for a postgraduate program at the Victoria University of Wellington is 22 Lakhs INR.

The Victoria University of Wellington Living Cost

The approximate cost of living in Wellington, near the campus of the Victoria University of Wellington, to pursue higher education is:

  • Rent- 44653 INR
  • Travel- 14884 INR
  • Entertainment- 9922 INR
  • Utilities- 109697 INR
  • Food & Drink- 29768 INR

Victoria University of Wellington Scholarships  

Victoria University of Wellington offers scholarships to students with academic excellence. Some of the scholarships that the Victoria University of Wellington offers are: 

  • Vice Chancellor's International Excellence Scholarship- This scholarship is offered to high-achieving international students who have newly acquired admission at the University. This is awarded to students based on their academic performance and excellence. 
  • Tongarewa Scholarship for Excellence- Each year, the University awards international students a range of Tongarewa Scholarships. This is provided to students who have newly enrolled in the undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the Victoria University of Wellington.

Victoria University of Wellington Placements 

With industry-wide partnerships, the Victoria University of Wellington offers great placements to the graduates. The top employers of the students of the University are Bell Bank, Sanford Health, Eide Bailly LLP, Mayo Clinic, CNH Industrial, Wanzek Construction, and others. Some of the most sought-after job roles of the graduates of the Victoria University of Wellington are: 

  • Account Manager: 5953754 INR 
  • Department Manager: 6946046 INR 
  • Financial Analyst: 6201827 INR 
  • Accountant: 3224950 INR 
  • HR Consultant: 4217242 INR

You might also interested in Other Universities for Studying in New Zealand:

Study Abroad
Study in New Zealand
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants