Bachelors Degree at Norway Universities for Indian Students

Study Abroad Team 04/08/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Admission Requirements and Application Process for Bachelor’s Degree

Bachelor's degree is the initial requirement to start a professional career and postgraduate study. If an aspirant wants to study Abroad, certain eligibility criteria exist for a bachelor's program. An Indian student has to get admittance to the entry-level program through the colleges or colleges to study in Norway.
The selection depends on the ranks or grade system of applicants from upper secondary schools. Besides academic records, proficiency in English and Norwegian languages are important criteria to qualify.

The academic qualification depends on the level of study that an applicant applies for. One has to read the college course study requirements before applying for it.
Passing an upper secondary certificate of education of 12th standard or equivalent is mandatory. However, some study programs may ask for specific subjects.

The university uses European credit transfer along with an accumulation system for grading. The grading depends on the average of an aspirant's previous examination. So, to study in Norway for Indian students, the university or college may check the minimum grading system.

To apply to any Norwegian university, an aspirant has to follow the below process:

  • Language of Study Program is Norwegian: If the mode of instruction for an undergraduate or UG course is Norwegian, the applicant needs to apply to the Norwegian Universities or College Admission Service (NUCAS).
  • Language of Instruction is English: Different university offers different application form. Applicants must submit the same to the University or college they wish to apply. However, students should take the IELTS exam with a score of at least 5 and the TOEFL, not less than 170, to get admittance to a Norwegian institute.

The list of documents includes:

  • School or college leaving certificate
  • Academic records, including transcripts and certificates
  • Certificate or verification of any work experience

List of Best Universities to Study Bachelor’s in Norway

Norway's top universities to pursue bachelor’s study program is:

1. EIT RawMaterials Academy - RaMES
The institute offers students unique options to study in a dynamic environment through real-life challenges. The target is to equip the new generation with an entrepreneurial mindset for delivering better solutions.

2. Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences

After the initial university establishment, Hedmark University of Applied Sciences and Lillehammer University College merged. Presently, it operates from 6 campuses with over 16000 students.

3. NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology

The main study program is science and technology, with scope for other professional study. It offers excellent academic scope in social sciences, economics, medicine, health sciences, humanities, educational science, architecture, and other cultural activities.

4. UiT The Arctic University of Norway

It is a research university that helps in knowledge-based development at international, national, and regional levels. Faculties teach in English for both its UG and PG levels.

5. Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)

It focuses on research concerning important global issues, public and animal health, sustainable development, climatic factors, renewable resources, and resource management.

6. Oslo Metropolitan University

The university has diverse academic study programs with an international orientation. It is a forward-thinking institute and believes in using new technology to offer better solutions.

In-Demand Bachelor Degree Programs with Fee Structure in Norway

Most of the top Norway Universities for international students offer a variety of three years bachelor programs. It follows the Bologna process, integrating it with the European code for high education and transferring the credits between schools. Courses are available in English or Norwegian. Some of the popular choices are:

1. Bachelor in Cyber Security

It is an IT bachelor program available at the Noroff School of Technology and Digital Media. Aspirants can learn to secure the digital system from cybercrime, threats, and digital warfare.
Online Fees - 4280 Euro per semester; 150 Euro admission fee
On-Campus – 5730 Euro per semester; 150 Euro admission fee

2. Bachelor in Applied Data Science

The course study covers various scientific methods to work with data in practical and other ways. It helps aspirants having an interest in data analysis to gather in-depth knowledge.
Price online: 4,280 Euro per semester, 150 Euro - admission fee
Price offline: 5,730 Euro per semester, 150 Euro - admission fee

3. Business Administration

This three-year degree program is available from BI Norwegian Business School, Oslo. It enlightens one about market trends, practices, management principles, finance, communication, etc. One can handle complex business problems, understanding them from various perspectives. The annual fee for the course study is 1070691 INR.

4. Accounting

It is analyzing and maintaining financial statements. The financial report helps in decision-making, developing future budgets, and determining the tax plans of a firm. One can pursue this bachelor’s degree program from Example School, and its lecture mode is in English.

5. Digital Business

One can pursue this study program at the BI Norwegian Business School. It helps aspirants gather ideas on business and technology and connect both. It is a three-year degree course, and the fees are 825 383 yearly.

Life for an Indian Student in Norway

When an Indian student wants to study abroad in Norway, it’s important to find out how much it is to attend a Norwegian university, along with other costs. The other costs determine the lifestyle, accommodation, transportation, food, etc. The living costs are a little high than an average European nation. On average, an Indian student has to spend between 800 to 1400 EUR monthly to study in Norway. However, there can be little variation depending on the city one lives in. It goes as follows:

  • Tromso and Trondheim: 1000 to 1600 EUR
  • Oslo: 1200 to 2000 EUR
  • Bergen: 1100 to 1800 EUR

The range can be from 800 to 1000 EUR for a small city.

Students prefer housing or sharing an apartment for accommodation. Here, one has to pay from 300 to 700 EUR monthly. Prices can vary depending on the dwelling place, whether one lives alone or how close the place is to the city Centre.

Transportation Expenses:

Almost 41% of students commute by public transportation and use discounts with student cards from the university. The monthly transport can be from 55 to 72 EUR when using options like rental bikes and taxis.

Food Costs in Norway:

It requires 250 to 400 EUR monthly for food. However, one can save by cooking at home. Going out for food can be expensive, ranging from 20 to 70 EUR.
Buying books, magazines, courses, and research materials can be extra costs. It can count up to 50 EUR monthly.

List of International Fellowships Granted by Universities for Bachelor’s

Education Future International Scholarship - USA & Non-USA 2023

The scholarship is a type of partial funding and is open to Indian nationals for all courses across Norway universities.

ServiceScape Scholarship 2023

It covers only the tuition fees and is available for all nationals across universities and institutes in Norway.

ETS TOEFL Scholarships

This scholarship is partial funding for all bachelor's and master's study programs. It is open for Indian students to get financial assistance and study in Norway.

British Council IELTS Award 2022

It is another partial funding scholarship covering bachelor's and master's degree programs across universities in Norway.

Erasmus+ Scholarship Programme

This financial assistance is for students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s or any PG studies. Its duration is from 3 to 12 months.

Wrapping Up

Therefore, aspirants can choose a bachelor’s course study from the top Norway universities. The best part? It has several universities as well as scholarship options, be it partial or full funding to choose from. Check the eligibility criteria for a bachelor’s degree for Indian students in Norway and pursue their dream of studying Abroad.

Study Abroad
Study in Norway
courses/programs
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants