International admissions and applications for universities in Norway

Study Abroad Team 09/06/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Popular Universities in Norway to Apply for Higher Studies

With more than 15,000 foreign students enrolled at Norway universities, it can be safely assumed that it is one of the best countries for getting a higher education. Diversity is one of the most important things about the Norwegian education system.

Here are some famous universities in Norway that one can apply to as a foreign national.

  • University of Oslo
  • University of Bergen
  • Norwegian University of Science and Technology
  • Norwegian University of Life Sciences
  • Nord University
  • OsloMet
  • Molde University College
  • Oslo School of Architecture

Graduate and Postgraduate Programs to Apply at Norway Universities

There are several graduate programs one can apply for at Norway universities. Here are a few of them:

  1. Business Administration: This 3-year degree program offers everything a business graduate needs to know. Its curriculum has many business management practices and principles, which will be useful when the student enters the professional world. It is also the best gateway to an MBA degree.
  2. Digital Forensics: This is a popular course meant for the world. It prepares students for a career in forensics and administration.
  3. Data Science for Business: This degree course is aimed to ready students by equipping them with solid quantitative knowledge and understanding of the basics of marketing, finance, and operations.
  4. Biology: For a student who aims to work in biology, this graduate program in Norway can be just the thing. It will require a strong grasp of science and is offered as a full-time program.
  5. Classical Musical Performance: This full-time on-campus degree is aimed at musically inclined students. An international student who wants to learn music directly from professional musicians will do well choosing this program.
  6. International Environment and Development Studies: A combination of natural science and social science, this course is aimed at the environmentally-conscious students who want to raise awareness and do something. It teaches the basics and prepares the student for a life dedicated to protecting the environment.

Now it's time to look at the post-graduate programs one can apply to at Norway universities.

  1. Physics: This gives an international student a chance to polish up skills and knowledge in applied physics to prepare for a career in the industry.
  2. International Master of Science in Health Management in Aquaculture: Aquaculture is another interesting field to get a Master’s for.
  3. Aerospace Control Engineering: The Master’s program is a perfect fit for international students who wish to enter the lucrative aerospace industry.
  4. Migration and Intercultural Relations: If a candidate wants to pursue a career in international relations, then this Master’s degree from a Norwegian university can be a great idea.
  5. International Business and Marketing: This 2-year full-time degree is a good option for students who want to excel in business.
  6. Marine: If a marine career is what one wants to pursue, this degree can be useful.
  7. Maritime Intelligent Robotics: This is a future-forward Master’s degree from a popular Norwegian university. It will equip the student with knowledge and skills for a very lucrative career ahead in life.

Specific Entry and Generally Required Documents to Apply to Universities in Norway

The general documents required for an international student to apply to Norway's universities are not complicated. Here’s what is needed:

  • The test scores of an English language proficiency exam.
  • For candidates applying for a graduate degree program, proof of 10+2 education from a recognized board or institution will be required. For candidates applying for a postgraduate degree program, a 3-year undergraduate degree will be required. If applying for a master’s degree, the program the candidate has attended for his graduation should be in a relevant subject to the one they want to pursue in Norway. For instance, if one wants to get a Master’s in physics, one must also have a Bachelor’s in Physics.

Take a look at the specific entry requirements for getting into a Norway university:

  1. Indian candidates must have a certificate that proves university-level education and test scores of an English language proficiency exam.
  2. For South African candidates, only a National Senior Certificate will be required.
  3. For Nigerian candidates, there is no need for an English proficiency test. But they will require Senior School Certificates in six subjects and one other certificate.
  4. For United States candidates, a High School Graduation diploma will be required. They should also be able to show certificates that prove they have studied in college or a university for at least 1 year in any academic subject. Alternatively, they can submit 3 Advanced Placement Tests where they have achieved a grade of at least 3.

It is best to double-check the exact specific requirements when a student is applying from a foreign country. This will ensure that one submits the right set of documents and the chances of getting admitted are high.

International admissions and applications for universities in Norway

Application Portal to Apply for Degrees in Norway

To apply for higher studies in Norway as an international student, one must go to the NOKUT website. It lists all the official matters one needs to know about when applying.

Bachelor’s Degree Programs 

Applications to study for a Bachelor’s degree from Norway must go through The Norwegian Universities and Colleges Admission Service. Some universities have a separate application process, and one needs to send their application directly in such a case.

Master’s Programs

All applications for Master’s degree courses must be sent directly to the university to which one plans to apply.

That is why proper information about application and admission procedures is best received directly from the relevant university.

Ph.D. Programs

For admission to a Ph.D. program, an international candidate must apply directly to the institution. This is because each has separate and distinctive admission requirements candidates should fulfill before approval.

University Intakes and Application Deadlines for International Students in Norway

The good news is that for most educational programs international students can apply for in Norway, the admission process starts almost simultaneously.

The only date a foreign candidate must know is the 1st of March. This is when all documents for applying to study at a university in Norway must be submitted. This is for courses that are going to start in Fall.

So what happens if an international candidate can't submit it within this deadline? They may be given an extension by which they have to submit the documents but they should speak to the Norwegian university being applied to.

There are several reasons why international students find Norway a great country to get their education. For one, the quality of life is pretty unmatched. According to several studies, Norway is one of the happiest places to live on earth.

Apart from this, the tuition fees at most Norway colleges are nil for both citizens of the Kingdom of Norway and international candidates. So as a foreign student, it is typical to just pay a semester fee and take care of the living costs of studying in the country. The accommodation, transportation, and quality of teaching are very good.

Most times, a good educational counselor can certainly help make a candidate’s dream of pursuing a higher education program in Norway come true.

Study Abroad
Study in Norway
Application Process
0 paperCraftAnimation
1
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants