Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics in Norway: Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 05/02/2024
3 Mins Read

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics (MIR) forms a branch of marine technology and is leading in education, research, and innovation for engineering systems in the marine environment. Marine technology involves developing and verifying technological solutions, business, and operating concepts. This is done for shipping, marine equipment, ocean energy, and petroleum industries. Robotics can contribute to Maritime operations with ship technology and management as supporting framework.

Why Study Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics in Norway

Universities in Norway offering programs in Marine Technology, specifically Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics, are internationally oriented. Its programs have excellent academic integrity which makes studying in Norway much popular among international students. Its research can positively impact global trade and commerce, computer technology, and the natural sciences.

Types of Courses Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics in Norway

The course modules in the program of Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics are:

  • Applied robotics for underwater intervention
  • Safe, autonomous subsea operations
  • Cooperative marine robotics

Other courses that come under Marine Technology are as follows:

  • Coastal and Marine Engineering and Management
  • Marine Biogeochemistry
  • North Sea Energy Law
  • Maritime Operations
  • Maritime Engineering
  • Naval Architecture
  • Subsea Technology
  • Marine Technology
  • Marine and Offshore Technology

List of Universities Offering Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics Programs in Norway

1. Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) - This is the only university in Norway that offers a 2-year Master's program in Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics. The program trains students in state-of-the-art applied robotics. This is targeted at enhancing the efficiency, health, safety, and environmental performance of, among other things, the offshore industry and maritime operations. The program is a collaboration of four European universities of Europe. Students graduate with a double master's degree from one of the two universities.  It aims to advance marine and maritime science and their technological applications. The program of study seeks to build the capacity of future engineers. This is to enable advancements in developing and operating new robotics systems with far-reaching impact. This impacts ocean exploration and exploitation. 

The universities participating in the Erasmus Mundus Master's Degree Program in Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics are:

  • Universitat Jaume I (UJI) in Spain
  • University of Lisbon in Portugal
  • University of Toulon in France

The four other universities listed below do not offer a Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics program. But they still cover Marine Technology courses in Norway.

2. Western Norway University of Applied Sciences- This university offers a Master's degree in Maritime Operations. Students are taught about the technical aspects of ship, organization, and operational elements of subsea and maritime operations. They are also taught about the managerial aspects, such as quality and safety management. The program is a joint master between the Western Norway University of Applied Sciences and the University of Applied Sciences Hochschule Emden/Leer in Germany.

3. Arctic University of Norway- This university offers an MSc in Marine Biotechnology, which is a two-year program. It aims to train students in the biotechnology field and show the application to marine systems or "Blue Biotechnology."

4. University of Stavanger offers a two-year MSc program in Marine and Offshore Technology. Students learn the technical aspects of obtaining and discovering all the resources that the oceans can bring. This is done to solve the different issues that can occur during this process.

Admission Process

The Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics program is a joint program. All applications must be submitted through the University of Toulon's online application portal.

Eligibility Criteria

Applicants should have a first university degree of at least three years at the undergraduate level. This degree should have mathematics-related subjects. They should be competent in one programming language. 

Documents Required

The documents that are required for admission to the Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics program are:

  • Attested transcripts
  • IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, C1 Advanced, or B2 First scores
  • Letter of reference
  • CV
  • Letter of Motivation
  • Medical Insurance
  • Proof of Financial Stability
  • Passport
  • Offer Letter

Proficiency Test

Applicants should have a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS, 90 in TOEFL, B in C1 Advanced, 173 in B2 First, or 800 in TOEIC.

Visa Process

Students must register on Campus France to apply for the visa. The application must be for a Visa Etudiant Mobilité (student mobility). This new type of visa is set explicitly for Joint Master's degrees. It allows you visa authorization for up to 2 years and eases mobility between the participating and hosting European universities of the program.

Cost of Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics Programs in Norway

1. Tuition Fees- The tuition fee is INR 4,11,000 per year for Program Country students and INR 8,22,000 for Partner Country students.

2. Cost of Living- Since this program involves living in Norway and France, each country's cost of living is different. The living cost in Norway is INR 90,000 per month, and in France, it is INR 1,19,000 per month on average.

Scholarships to Study Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics in Norway

NTNU offers two types of scholarships: the Erasmus Mundus and Industry.

Job Opportunities on Completing Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics in Norway

Graduates from the Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics program get the opportunity to work in the following sectors:

  • Offshore industry
  • Oceanographic research institutions
  • Search and rescue activities
  • Offshore renewable
  • Ocean farming
  • Oil and gas surveying
  • Security and surveillance
  • Pollutant detection, monitoring, and containment

FAQS

1. Why should one study a Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics program in Norway?

Students receive a double master's degree, gain industry experience, excel in research, and receive many employment opportunities.

2. How long is a program in Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics?

It is a two-year full-time program, and students will be awarded a joint Master's degree by the end of the program.

3. Are a study permit and a visa required to study in Norway?

A visa is mandatory, but students may or may not have to apply for a study permit. 

4. How is student life at NTNU?

NTNU is in the city of Trondheim in Norway. It is known for its excellent student environment and has been named Norway's best student city.

5. What is the selection procedure for admission to study Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics?

An International Selection Committee scrutinizes candidate applications and decides the applicant's merit to study the program.

Study Abroad
Study in Norway
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants