Study in Russia - Top Universities, Admission Process, and Eligibility Criteria for Medical Courses

Study Abroad Team 09/06/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Russia is a highly regarded country for its quality medical education system. Every year, quite a few students of Indian origin go there to study medicine. Russian medical degrees are WHO-recognised, and the country is comparatively inexpensive to study medicine there, makes it an attractive destination. 

Here are the top universities and institutions to pursue medicine in Russia for international students:

First Moscow State Medical University

Established more than 2 centuries back, this is one of Russia's most prestigious institutions to study medicine. Many physicians, doctors, and surgeons have passed through its esteemed gates to achieve global recognition and success. It is an amazing opportunity to study here.

Crimea State Medical University

This leading research and medical centre gets many Asian students every year to study medicine. It has lots of specialized medicine courses in the field of pharmacy and general medicine.

Volgograd State Medical University

One of the top universities to study medicine, it attracts many international students from different parts of the world. Its high-quality staff and professors instill the basics of medicine in its students.

Saint Petersburg State Medical University

It is one of the premier medical institutions offering state-of-the-art medical education to students worldwide.

There are of course many other institutions to study medicine in Russia, and some of the most famed names are:

  • Volgograd State Medical University
  • Belgorod State University
  • Kazan State Medical University
  • Orenburg State Medical University
  • Altai State Medical University
  • Kursk State Medical University

Study in Russia - Top Universities, Admission Process, and Eligibility Criteria for Medical Courses

Exploring the Admission Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for Medical Courses

For an Indian student, getting admitted to study for an MBBS degree in Russia is quite straightforward. One will not have to take an entrance exam to do so. The candidate has to meet the eligibility criteria that the Indian Medical Council has set to study MBBS abroad. Of course, there will be admission requirements set by specific medical universities in Russia, but those will also be pretty straightforward. The score a candidate gets in their Higher Secondary examination is an important criterion.

Here are some of the eligibility criteria for getting a medical seat in Russia:

  • The candidate must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and English.
  • The candidate must have at least 50% in aggregate in PCB subjects.
  • The candidate must be at least 17 while applying for a medical seat in Russia.
  • The Indian student must have passed the NEET exam required for a seat in an MBBS or BDS college in Russia.

It is best to consult a quality educational counselor to ensure that a candidate is on the right path as far as their application to a foreign university is concerned.

Documents to be Attached while Applying for Medicine at Russian Universities

When a student is applying to study medicine at a Russian University, the documents that will have to be attached are:

  1. Admission form that has been duly filled in
  2. Scanned copy of 10th and 12th mark sheet
  3. NEET result or scorecard
  4. 4 passport-sized photographs on a white background
  5. Aadhar card and PAN card
  6. Scanned copy of the first and last page of the passport

It is best to gather all documents and keep them ready to submit at appropriate times.

Important Instructions to be Followed by Indian students while Applying

  • Opting for accommodation within the university campus itself is a good idea. This way one can avail of affordable and safe accommodation. The accommodation provided is furnished and students usually find it quite comfortable.
  • Indian food, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food will be easily available for students, so it is best to opt for these during their stay here.
  • The student can opt for separate boys’ or girls’ hostel, so knowing their preference beforehand is a good idea.
  • Applying for the Visa once the admission is confirmed is a good idea. Russia offers a 100% guarantee of Visa for Indian students who have got admission to Russian medical colleges.
  • Though as a foreign student, there is no need for IELTS or even GRE test scores to get admission to a college in this country, it is good to have conversing English skills. Learning a few basics of the Russian language will make time spent in the country easier. It will also be easier to get around. Though students can opt for the medium of language to be either English or Russian, knowing the basics of Russian can be very helpful. The country is multi-cultural and has students studying different programs from different parts of the globe so adjusting will not be a problem.

There are scholarship options available as well for foreign students so researching them can be a good use of time.

Admission Steps and Procedure to Apply for Medicine in Russia

Without any language proficiency tests to beat, Indian students aspiring for a medical degree from Russia usually find the admission process pretty stress-free. Here are the steps involved:

1: The candidate has to check the official website of the college they want to get admitted to, find the admission form, and fill it out duly. There will be an introductory fee that has to be paid. The 10th and 12th exam certificates need to be sent through email. Then the student will be called in for a counseling session where they will be informed about the different universities offering medical education in Russia, the fee structure, and any facilitation fees they have to pay education counselors.

2: Fees need to be paid and there will be an advisor available who will guide the candidate right till the classes get started.

3: The candidate will get a confirmation letter from the college after they get accepted. A letter of greeting may also be sent to the student within 4 to 15 working days of sending the application. After this, the candidate can get admission to the college after their Visa approval.

Russian Universities' Academic Sessions and Intake for International Students

An Indian student who wishes to pursue his medical education in a top-quality college in Russia must know that each academic year will consist of two semesters. The first semester will start in September and end in January. The second semester is going to start in February and end in June. Summer means 2 months of holidays. After each semester, students have to sit for an exam.

Key Dates and Deadlines to Remember for Application in Russia

Here’s a list of tentative dates to keep in mind when applying for a medical seat in Russia:

  1. The registration process starts in April
  2. Admission process starts in June and ends in July
  3. The Visa process will go on for July and August
  4. Accepted students will get their admission confirmed in July and August.

Being admitted to a foreign university can be a worthwhile dream for any Indian student. Medical seats in India are hard to come by in India because of the huge amount of competition here. That is why many youngsters are finding their hopes wetted on foreign shores. The admission process is comparatively simpler in Russia, which is why many prefer the country. Sulekha.com with its amazing expertise in helping students secure their seats in foreign universities, have education counselors who are aware and knowledgeable about every bit of the process and can certainly put a student on the right path.

Study Abroad
Application Process
Study in Russia
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 186 Answers - 192
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants