Civil Engineering in Sweden - Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 07/02/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Highlights about the Civil Engineering Programs in Sweden

Many international students who aspire to pursue their careers as civil engineers consider Sweden the ideal destination to study civil engineering. It is one of the most crucial branches of engineering. Civil engineering degree courses help students acquire knowledge of planning, designing, and overseeing different construction projects.  Studying in Sweden will be a great option if you are looking to Study Abroad.

The teaching faculty at top-ranked engineering colleges in Sweden that offer undergraduate and postgraduate civil engineering degree programs plays an instrumental role. Students understand the correct way of managing expenses and budgets besides addressing delays and taking safety measures. 

Students who pursue civil engineering in Swedish institutes get to learn from civil engineers and architects and work with them. Civil engineering programs that colleges and universities in Sweden offer are accredited. 

Why Study Civil Engineering in Sweden?

  • Sweden boasts eight top-ranked universities in the world. Swedish institutions offering science- and technology-specific courses contribute significantly to the country's economy. 
  • The engineering colleges and universities in Sweden prioritize improving the quality of education. Every prestigious higher education institute has a world-class research infrastructure and facilities. 
  • Students who pursue civil engineering programs in Sweden gain practical experience. They learn from civil engineers the proper techniques to deal with various facets of a construction project, which include budgeting, legal permits, preventive measures, etc.
  • Civil engineering graduates in Sweden get excellent employment opportunities. Most of them pursue lucrative and rewarding careers in Sweden.
  • The quality of life and the standard of education in Sweden are top-notch.
  • Students from EU or EEA have the opportunity to study for free of cost at all Swedish public universities.
  • Also, over 80% of natives speak English, which is why language is not a barrier in Sweden.

Types of Civil Engineering Courses in Sweden

Many students from India and other nations flock to Sweden yearly to pursue their coveted civil engineering courses. Here are the types of civil engineering programs.

  • Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
  • Bachelor of Engineering in Sustainable Structural Engineering
  • Bachelor of Engineering in Structural Engineering and Building Technology
  • Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering
  • Master of Engineering in Civil and Architectural Engineering

List of Universities Offering Civil Engineering Courses in Sweden

Sweden has some globally reputed engineering colleges and universities where many international students secure admission and pursue civil engineering programs. The top-rated Swedish higher education institutions offer bachelor's and master's civil engineering courses.

  • Stockholm University
  • Lulea University of Technology
  • KTH Royal Institute of Technology
  • Lund University
  • Chalmers University of Technology
  • Royal Institute of Technology

Civil Engineering Course Admission Process in Sweden

International students pursuing a civil engineering program at a reputed Swedish university must meet the admission requirements. However, the rules and regulations for enrolling international and domestic students in a civil engineering course vary from one institution to another. 

Submission of all requisite documents along with the correctly filled out application form is essential for every international student. Every college and university in Sweden that offers civil engineering programs has a designated team that assesses each application form per the admission criteria set for an undergraduate and postgraduate civil engineering course.

International students should visit the official websites of all those Swedish universities where they want to secure admission. Doing so will enable them to learn about the admission requirements and the application deadline.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Enrolling in a civil engineering program at an esteemed engineering institution in Sweden requires applicants to meet the eligibility criteria. Here are the standard requirements that candidates must fulfill to become eligible for admission.
  • Applicants must prove that they have completed the 12th standard or equivalent.
  • Completing at least 150 ECTS in a bachelor's degree course in engineering from a globally recognized institution is paramount for applicants.
  • To secure admission to a desired Swedish engineering college or university, achieving the minimum requisite IELTS or TOEFL score is a must for non-native English-speaking candidates. 
  • Submission of all crucial documents is essential.

Documents Required

Swedish institutes that offer civil engineering programs require every applicant to adhere to the stringent documentation procedure. Here are the documents that candidates must submit when applying to a bachelor's or master's civil engineering course.

  • Higher secondary examination pass certificate or equivalent

  • Diplomas and certificates of completed degrees

  • Official academic transcripts

  • English language proficiency proof, which means the TOEFL/IELTS score

  • Letter of motivation

  • Identification document

Proficiency Test

International students who aspire to study civil engineering in Sweden need to prove their proficiency in the English language. Scoring more than the required marks in TOEFL or IELTS can increase an applicant's potential to secure admission.

Visa Process

Submitting the necessary documents when applying for a student visa to study in Sweden is imperative. International students must apply for a visa at least six months before enrolling in a civil engineering degree program at a Swedish college or university.

Cost of Civil Engineering Course in Sweden

  • Tuition Fees: The tuition fee for each semester that international students who pursue a bachelor of engineering in civil engineering have to pay is around 7000 Euros.
  • Living Costs: International students living and studying civil engineering in Sweden must spend between 750-1250 Euros monthly.

Scholarships to Study Civil Engineering Course in Sweden

Meritorious international students must apply for one of the available scholarships to ensure financial support for their higher education in Sweden.

  • Karlstad University Global Scholarship

  • Education Future International Scholarship

  • Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students

Job Opportunities on Completing Civil Engineering Course in Sweden

The demand for proficient civil engineers in Sweden is incredibly high. In the construction engineering sector, a civil engineer with a bachelor's degree earns around 195,000 SEK, and on average, 265,000 SEK for someone with a master's degree in civil engineering. 

Frequently Asked Questions

How demanding is a career in civil engineering in Sweden?

Civil engineering in Sweden is a highly sought-after career.

Why do aspiring civil engineers from India choose Sweden?

Most students from India and many other countries with aspirations to become civil engineers prefer Sweden because of its excellent job opportunities and high standards of living.

What is the highest-paying civil engineering role?

Construction engineering managers earn the highest salary every year.

Which are the two most popular engineering and technology institutes in Sweden?

KTH Royal Institute of Technology and Lund University

Is there any language barrier in Sweden for English-speaking students?

More than 80% of Swedish citizens speak English fluently. 

Study Abroad
Study in Sweden
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants