Healthcare Support Course in Sweden:

Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 06/02/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Thanks to world-class research facilities in Sweden, it has become an eco-friendly destination for many students. The country prioritizes health and medical care to a high standard. All citizens have the right to access subsidized medical attention and care, and Sweden covers most of the cost. Sweden is an educational hub for students who want to study healthcare support. Studying in Sweden will be a great option for Indian Students if they are looking study Abroad.

Highlights About the Healthcare Support Course in Sweden

Healthcare Support is approached through many avenues by studying this course. It enables students to study health, healthcare, and medicine. It gives them an understanding of illness and suffering for different reasons. 

Different models of health, illness, and healthcare are compared in this course. Students are also taught to promote progressive healthcare models and policies nationally and internationally. Global healthcare is studied among different population groups. Factors like behavioral, environmental, and societal are considered for disease prevention.

Why Study Healthcare Support in Sweden?

According to Global rankings, Sweden is among seven of the top 500 universities for medical studies. It also has affordable tuition fees compared to other countries. Universities like Karolinska Institute and Lund University are among the top 100 colleges in the world for studying healthcare.

In Europe specifically, three Swedish universities rank in the top 50 universities. They can be compared with reputable universities in the UK, France, and Germany. Thus, we can conclude that higher education matches international standards and accreditation. Language barrier is also not an issue for international students since 80% of Sweden's population speaks English.

Types of Courses in Healthcare Support in Sweden

Sweden offers a plethora of courses in the medical and healthcare fields. The majority of them are listed below.

  • MBBS, MD, and Surgery

  • Paramedical and Nursing

  • Public Health

  • Clinical Research

  • Dental Sciences

  • Physiotherapy

  • Fitness and Health Care Expertise

  • Sociology of Health and Medicine

  • Global Health and Public Health (including Women's and Children's Health)

  • Occupational Therapy

  • Health Economics, Policy, and Management

  • Integrative Health Science

List of Universities Offering Healthcare Studies in Sweden

1. Uppsala University- Uppsala University offers Master's degrees in Sociology of Health and Medicine and Global Health. It holds the 140th ranking in the world for Health and Medical colleges. Quantitative and qualitative research gives students fresh perspectives on diseases, illnesses, and suffering. Students are also shown the process of planning, performing, analyzing, and reporting research projects in global health.

2. Karolinska Institute is one of the world's top medical universities. Through research and education, Karolinska Institute encourages an environment of improving human healthcare. It has contributed to 40% of Sweden's medical academic research and is world-renowned for its cancer research. 

3. Lund University- Lund University offers many courses in the Medicine and Healthcare fields. They are Master's programs in Public Health, Pharmaceutical Technology, and Biomedicine. Through its multidisciplinary staff and students, it focuses on conducting research on policy-making and promoting health. The faculty of this university has experience working in countries like Ghana, Iran, Uganda, and the UK. Drug discovery plays a significant role in delivering quality healthcare service, which Lund University facilitates. 

4. Sophiahemmet University College – Located in the heart of Stockholm, Sweden, this college offers a three-year course to study nursing program. Nursing forms a pillar of support for a country's strong healthcare support. With the nursing degree offered by this college, students can apply for authorization from the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare to become registered nurses.

5. Stockholm University- Holding a world ranking of 185, this university has a specialized department of public health sciences. They offer a bachelor's degree, an international master's degree, and a doctoral-level degree. Their courses give students a multidisciplinary platform to research the field of public health. Through their program, they can better understand health inequalities, determinants of health, and public health-related policies.

Admission Process

International students must apply for programs through centralized application portals of universityadmission.se. This allows students to apply for multiple programs through a single application. They must apply before the deadline and pay the application fees. 

Eligibility Criteria

Applicants must complete their high school studies with a minimum score of 60%. English language proficiency test scores, like IELTS and TOEFL, are mandatory. 

Documents Required

The following documents are required to obtain a student visa and study healthcare programs in Sweden:

  • Passport

  • Completed application form

  • Identity photos

  • Academic transcripts

  • Acceptance letter

  • Health insurance

  • Bank statement

  • Application fee receipt

Proficiency Test

 International students must take an English language proficiency test, the IELTS or TOEFL, as part of the entry requirements. The minimum score for IELTS should be 6.5 (no less than 5.5 in each band) and 90 in TOEFL (20 in written test).

Visa Process

The student visa process requires different documents, without which a Swedish visa cannot be granted. These include a passport, a university acceptance letter, health insurance documents, bank statements, and a scholarship letter (if needed). Then, they must apply for a residence permit and pay the application fee.

Cost of Studying Healthcare Support in Sweden

  • Tuition Fees- Top universities offering Healthcare science programs range from 10,000 to 20,000 EUR for Master's programs for international students. For Bachelor's, it starts from 1,00,000 EUR. 
  • Cost of Living- Students' living costs start from 1,00,000 SEK annually.

Scholarships for Healthcare Support in Sweden

  • Universities offer scholarships that may be partially or fully funded.

  • UNESCO Fellowships

  • Open Society Foundation fellowships

  • Other scholarships: These are given by other organizations like Rotary International District.

Job Opportunities on Completing Healthcare Support in Sweden

Students with healthcare degrees can work in healthcare facilities, hospitals, private clinics, nursing homes, and doctors' offices. They can also work to form healthcare policies and regulations on national and global platforms.

FAQS

1. How Long Does Obtain a Degree in Healthcare Support in Sweden?

A bachelor's degree in healthcare takes about four to five years, whereas a master's degree takes 1 to 2 years.

2. How is Sweden the Right Destination to Study Healthcare and Medicine?

The courses and universities in Sweden for healthcare and medicine rank among the top 1000 in the world.

3. Are Healthcare and Medical Degrees from Sweden Valid in India?

The Medical Council of India approves medical degrees from Sweden.

4. What are the Exam Requirements to Study Healthcare and Medicine in Sweden?

Applicants are required to take IELTS or TOEFL for English Proficiency. For MBBS degrees, Indian students should take the NEET exam in India.

5. How long does it take to obtain a Swedish Student Visa?

It takes about five months to obtain a student visa for higher education and doctoral courses in Sweden.

Study Abroad
Study in Sweden
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants