Application for MBA in the UK for International Students

Study Abroad Team 09/06/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Top Universities to Apply for MBA in the UK

A candidate who wants to pursue an international education in the UK can consider applying to any of these universities. Here's presenting the universities for the most inexpensive and cheapest MBA in the UK for international students:

  1. The University of Oxford
    Considered as the top MBA University in the UK, the University of Oxford is one of the oldest institutes in the world. Discovered in 1096, Oxford University has gained immense academic moment owing to its curriculum, antiquity, and philosophical foundation.
  2. University of Cambridge

As an internationally renowned business school in the UK, Cambridge University was formerly regarded as the Judge Institute of Management. This prestigious university has excellent programs and aims to offer scholars practical and academic understanding.

  1. University of Edinburgh

Personalized educational approach, strategic Leadership, and professional development are three elements that this university focuses on. Being one of the most recognizable MBA universities, Edinburgh University was discovered in 1919. The main specialty of studying here is a boutique experience combining a personalized learning landscape alongside small cohorts.

  1. Imperial College London

It is a highly-esteemed university offering top-notch business education for MBA in the UK for international students. Imperial College London's advanced curriculum provides learners with umpteen entrepreneurship, business, and management scopes. Gaining admittance to the university helps a scholar build academic and practical knowledge to secure a lucrative career.

  1. London Business School

Nestling amidst London's energetic metropolis, London Business School ranks as one of the top 10 business schools in the UK. This university offers outstanding MBA degrees in management science, finance, marketing, and organizational behavior. A scholar who wishes to pursue an MBA degree in London can consider gaining admittance to this university.

  1. University of Manchester

Ranked one of the top 50 B-schools in the world, the University of Manchester provides scholars with accessible programs. Flexible completion timing, a diverse international student body, and a higher level of professionalism are primary aspects of studying here. Currently, it is one of the largest campus-based B-schools in the UK.

  1. The University of Southampton

Founded in 1920, the University of Southampton is a renowned institute known for top-notch business education. Over 2500 scholars globally pursue higher education with a DBA, Bachelor's, MBA, master's, or doctoral program. Students interested in an MBA degree from this university can acquire managerial expertise.

The Top MBA Courses One Can Apply In the UK

Mentioned below are the top MBA courses in the most prestigious universities in the UK:

  1. London Business School: The MBA course in this educational institute is 15-21 months. It offers both full-time & executive MBA courses.
  2. Oxford Business School offers full-time & executive MBA programs of 12 months.
  3. Cambridge Judge Business School offers full-time and executive MBA programs comprising 12 months.
  4. Imperial College Business School offers full-time, part-time, executive, and distance education for 12 months.
  5. Edinburgh Business School offers executive and full-time courses (12 months).
  6. Manchester University offers a full-time MBA program comprising 18 months of duration.

Application Checklist for MBA Course in the UK

A scholar who wishes to pursue an MBA degree from a top-notch UK university must understand the ins and outs of the application. To begin with, understanding the entry requirements before the start of the MBA application process is imperative.

Entry Requirements to Apply for MBA in the UK

Business schools in the UK may vary, but it is a thumb's rule to have the following MBA in UK for Indian students requirements:

  • ü A minimum of 2/3 years of full-time work (business) experience
  • ü A Bachelor's degree (or something equivalent to this)
  • ü IELTS score of a minimum of 6.0 and above and(or) TOEFL of 110
  • ü GMAT/GRE

Exams to be Taken to Apply for MBA

Here's enlisting the top five common MBA entrance examinations in the UK:

  • GMAT

One of the most common MBA entrance examinations, the GMAT, measures reasoning, writing, verbal, and quantitative proficiencies. It checks how a scholar. A GMAT score is a prerequisite in any B-school in the UK unless it accepts the GRE score. One must secure a minimum of 650 or above score in their GMAT test.

Application for MBA in the UK for International Students

  • GRE

The GRE entrance examination is for those struggling with GMAT's quantitative section. Like GMAT, GRE scores are primarily accepted at the B-schools in the UK. Although GRE is not solely designed for MBA, it tests similar skills. It measures a learner's verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing.

  • Executive Assessment

A standardized examination, Executive Assessment, is designed by the writers of GMAT, GMAC. This test examines integrated reasoning, quantitative, and verbal skills (each comprising 30 minutes). Some competitive B-schools across the world accept this test.

One Quick Note:

Ifa scholar applies for distance learning for MBA in the United Kingdom, they do not need a visa. But if the individual plans to visit the institute for a short time, they may have a Standard Visitor Visa. However, for a full-time course, a passport and a visa are two important things to carry.

MBA Application Process in the UK

The application process for 2023 is similar to the UK university admission for international students 2022. International scholars pursuing an MBA from a prestigious UK university must apply for the procedure.

The sooner they apply for the entrance examination, the better their chances of securing a seat in the international institute. In short, international scholars applying early have a higher potential to accomplish competitive financial assistance in the UK.

MBA Application in the UK for Indian Students

An Indian aspirant applying for an MBA from a UK university must have a bachelor's degree. They must have a GPA score ranging between 3.0 and 3.5. Any university in the UK demands the completion of 15 years of education besides three years of a Bachelor's degree.

Most UK universities need MBA aspirants to appear for the GMAT test to assess their ability in the following areas:

  • Analytical writing
  • Quantitative aptitude
  • Verbal writing and
  • Integrated reasoning

The candidate can only apply if they have experience in preparing for the GMAT test for six months. Besides, they must have English proficiency requirements and an IELTS score of 7.0 or above.

Application Fee for MBA in Top Universities in the UK

Most universities in the UK are internationally ranked by top-notch organizations. A scholar who wants to apply for MBA in the UK must know the fees details. The fee structure of an MBA in any UK university varies depending on the institute's prominence and location.

Generally, the UK universities' application fee for MBA programs ranges between 20 GBP and 100 GBP (INR between 2,000 and 10,000). International scholars wishing to pursue an MBA in the UK may also apply for scholarships.

The cost of living in the country depends on the lifestyle and university location. A scholar must need to get the visa approved besides tuition fees. Considering the living expense, an MBA applicant needs INR 1 Lakh to live in the UK monthly.

What attracts attention to pursuing MBA in the United Kingdom is the 1-year course duration. Unlike other nations where the duration of an MBA is two years, UK's one-year programs have become the perfect pursuit for students.

Study Abroad
Study in UK
Application Process
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants