Business and Management in UK: Course, Admission, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 23/11/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Business and Management: Course Highlights

The United Kingdom is widely recognized as an ideal destination for studying Business and Management. The country boasts of renowned colleges and business institutions that offer world-class education across various sectors. Notable business schools in the UK are the London Business School, the University of Oxford, and the University of Cambridge.

The British business education system significantly emphasizes practical learning, which often involves analyzing real-world case studies, internships, and collaborations with industries. The education system in the UK is structured to equip students with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in their chosen fields.

According to a report published by the British Academy, in the academic year 2019/20, there were 159,230 international students in Business and Management courses, which accounted for 39% of the total Business and Management student population and 28% of the entire international student population. Also, in 2023, 217,610 students in the UK were enrolled in business and management. Of these, 193,570 studied business, and 24,035 focused on management.

Why Study Business and Management in the UK?

According to the QS World University Rankings 2023, the United Kingdom has seven of the top 50 institutions for business and management studies. Additionally, various advantages entice overseas students to study in the United Kingdom.

There are several reasons for this, including:

  • The program offers single, joint, and multiple topic combinations.
  • Full-time, part-time, and flexible study choices, as well as placement integrated courses, colloquially known as sandwich courses
  • Possibility of accelerating your degree: you can complete your undergraduate degree in two years rather than three or pursue a one-year MBA degree rather than two.
  • Each business degree is developed with global enterprises in mind, allowing students to connect with world-renowned teachers and industry leaders.
  • All business courses seek to provide real-world job experience and to broaden commercial relationships.

Types of Business and Management Courses in UK

Business and Management courses are branched into different specializations to suit students’ course preferences. These courses are available in bachelors, masters, and PG diploma.

Bachelors in Business and Management:

Bachelor courses in the UK range from 3-4 years. This degree is intended to teach students the fundamentals of business and management. This program provides a comprehensive skill set and knowledge foundation, preparing them for marketing, finance, human resources, operations, and entrepreneurship employment.

Popular courses include Human Resource Management, Business Consultant, Marketing and Branding, Business Economics, Law for Business, etc.

Master’s in Business and Management

The Master in Business & Management is a postgraduate degree curriculum focusing on significant topics such as international business, supply chain management, and entrepreneurship. UK universities have world-class infrastructure and close partnerships with industry, providing undergraduates with hands-on experience in real-world business contexts through experiential learning opportunities such as internships, case studies, and simulations.

Master in Business Administration (MBA)

An MBA degree curriculum typically lasts 1 year (specialization) to 2 years and covers various areas such as finance, accounting, marketing, human resources, corporate communications, and strategy. Because of its emphasis on strengthening students' analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills, MBA courses at UK institutions are highly regarded by businesses globally.

Students can network with other students, alums, and industry experts through the courses, which can help them advance in their careers.

List of Universities Offering Business and Management Courses

  • University of Oxford
  • University of Cambridge Judge Business School
  • Heriot-Watt University
  • Imperial College Business School
  • London Business School
  • Warwick Business School
  • Coventry University
  • University of Manchester
  • University of East London

Admission Process to Join Top Business Schools in the UK

Eligibility Criteria

  • Academic Requirements: 2:1 bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% to 60% from an accredited university or college.
  • GMAT: Attain a competitive GMAT score, with a minimum requirement of 600 points.
  • Work Experience: While professional work experience is preferred, it is not mandatory.
  • IELTS & TOEFL: Demonstrate proficiency with at least a 6.0 IELTS band or 80 TOEFL scores.
  • Other Documents: Provide an updated resume, statement of purpose (SOP), letter of recommendation (LOR), and financial proof.
  • Statement of Purpose (SOP): Provide a 500 to 600-word statement outlining your goals and aspirations.
  • UK CAS Number: Provide a CAS number issued by the university to satisfy visa requirements
  • UKVI Student Visa: Secure the necessary student visa for your studies in the UK.
  • Application Process: Collect the required transcripts and apply through the university's official admission site.

Documents Required

Undergraduate Admissions:

  • Complete the online application form the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) provided.
  • High school transcripts or certificates. GCSE or equivalent qualifications.
  • Personal Statement (SOP)
  • Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
  • Passport-sized Photographs
  • Interview (Possibly)

Postgraduate Admissions:

  • Transcripts or certificates from your previous academic institutions.
  • Bachelor's Degree Certificate
  • IELTS, TOEFL, or other recognized English language proficiency test scores.
  • Letters of Recommendation
  • Personal Statement
  • CV/Resume
  • Research Proposal (for Research-based Programs)
  • Work Experience (if applicable)

Language Proficiency Tests:

IELTS (International English Language Testing System):

IELTS is a global test that measures English proficiency with scores ranging from 0-9. Universities require a minimum score, e.g., undergrad programs require 6.5+, and postgrad programs require a 7.0 minimum.

TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language):

TOEFL tests evaluate reading, listening, speaking, and writing skills. Scores range from 0 to 120. For undergraduate admissions, competitive scores are between 80 and 100. Postgraduate programs may require scores ranging from 90 to 110 or higher, depending on the institution and specific program requirements.

Visa Process

  • Receive an official offer of admission from the chosen educational institution.
  • Obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the university.
  • Proof of funds to cover tuition, living expenses, and other related costs.
  • Health insurance that complies with the requirements of the destination country and the university.

Cost of Business and Management Course in the UK

  • BBA 1-Year: INR 16.75 Lakh approx.
  • MBA 1-2 Years: INR 40 Lakhs approx.
  • MBA with Specialization (Finance, International Management): INR 50 Lakhs

Cost Of Living

The average cost of living in the UK for international students is around INR 5.89 lakh yearly.

Top Scholarships for Business and Management Course in the UK

  • Bayes High Potential Award
  • Women in Business Award
  • Academic Distinction Scholarship
  • Bayes Business School Impact Scholarship
  • Professional Excellence Scholarship
  • Bayes Business School - COLFUTURO Scholarship

Career/Job Opportunities After Business and Management Course in the UK

International students pursuing Business and Management studies are open to getting hired in top banking sectors, information technology, and product and service-based companies. There are several roles, like

  • Human Resources Management (HRM)
  • Investment Banking
  • Management Consultancy
  • Marketing (Sales and Digital)
  • Supply Chain Management
  • Product Development
  • Business Analyst
  • Product Analyst
  • Logistics (MBA Finance)

FAQ Related to Business and Management Courses in UK

1. Which is the highest-paid MBA specialization in the UK?

High-paying industries for international graduates in MBA salary in the UK include finance, consulting, and technology.

  • Finance Manager: 61,511 GBP
  • Human Resource Manager: 51,227 GBP
  • International Business Manager: 45,133 GBP
  • Investment Analyst: 57,008 GBP

2. Who is eligible for business management?

Students with a 3-year bachelor's degree in business management or a related subject, with an average of 60% and a minimum GPA of 4.0 on a scale of 10, are eligible to apply.

3. What is the average salary for an MBA graduate in the UK?

The average MBA salary in the UK after five years is GBP 50,000-75,000. Also, these numbers vary based on companies. Experienced MBA professionals can earn roughly GBP 80,000 to GBP 150,000 annually.

4. What is the cost of studying management courses in the UK?

In the United Kingdom, a management course typically has a yearly price range between £12,000 and £18,000. On the other hand, obtaining an MBA from a prestigious institution, such as London Business School, can cost up to £100,000 for a complete program.

5. Is a UK MBA degree valid in India?

An MBA obtained from the UK is generally well-accepted and widely recognized in India as long as the university or college is accredited by the regulatory bodies in the respective country. International recognition of the degree is contingent upon the accreditation and standing of the educational institution.

Study Abroad
Study in UK
Business and Management
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants