Top Degrees In Demand For International Students in UK, USA, Canada, Australia

Study Abroad Team 28/07/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Growing Popularity of Overseas Education

The number of international students opting to study abroad after passing out of school has increased in recent years. The sole reason for pursuing higher education overseas is to increase the value of the degree and land a lucrative and rewarding job quickly. Indeed, obtaining the coveted degree after completing a course of study can open the door to many excellent employment opportunities.

The popularity of overseas education is growing remarkably as more and more aspirants worldwide enroll in undergraduate or postgraduate degree programs. One can study in the US, the UK, Canada, or Australia to reap life-long benefits. Prestigious higher education institutes abroad prioritize having advanced infrastructure to ensure students get the best education. 

Advent of Blended Programs

International students get the opportunity to pursue one of the blended programs that colleges and Universities abroad offer these days. Higher education institutions overseas have realized the importance of keeping up with time. So, they are taking every step possible to meet the requirement for digitalizing learning. Twinning programs and dual degrees are becoming popular among many students nowadays.

The shift from engineering or computer science has already begun because of the advent of new programs. Many aspirants pursue development studies, culinary arts, liberal arts, architecture, urban planning, etc. Work opportunities are increasing for those with a degree in the courses above. Many opt for a Master's in Germany or the US to improve their career prospects. 

Many students pursue a degree program in pharmacy, biotechnology, hospital administration, and healthcare informatics. The popularity of study abroad programs in some modern subjects, including artificial intelligence, digital marketing, cybersecurity, and cloud computing, has increased a lot.

In-Demand Degree Programs Overseas

Students have understood that pursuing one of the sought-after undergraduate or postgraduate degree programs is the need of the hour. It is easier to land a high-paying job post-completion of the below-mentioned courses. 

Data Science

Currently, a degree course in data science is in demand because of the work opportunities that come a student's way after completing it. One can regard it as an interdisciplinary field that employs varying scientific techniques, processes, systems, and algorithms. Data scientists are experts in extracting information from unstructured or structured data.

One can easily make a successful career in the field of data science. However, pursuing a degree program in data science is necessary to gain profound knowledge and acquire prerequisite skills. International students with a data science degree pursue careers primarily in big data, machine learning, and business analytics.

Artificial Intelligence

One of the in-demand study abroad degrees at present is artificial intelligence. Nowadays, almost every device and application comes equipped with AI technology. It is no longer a future concept, so countless students opt to pursue a degree program in artificial intelligence in the US, the UK, etc.

The demand for AI experts is continuously rising. Therefore, students with an AI degree have higher chances of bagging a lucrative job abroad. Those who study this course overseas learn about the fundamentals of computer science, machine learning, robotics, and artificial intelligence. Students need to be great in technology and mathematics.

Top Degrees In Demand For International Students in UK, USA, Canada, Australia

Biotechnology

One can regard biotechnology as the integration of biology and technology. It plays an instrumental role in upgrading the lives of individuals and different communities. Biotechnology has become more crucial today than ever as it harnesses the potential of cellular activities to attain breakthroughs in agriculture, healthcare, and manufacturing.

Many students from India and other countries pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course in biotechnology abroad. Many even pursue Ph.D. in Germany in biotechnology to pursue careers as researchers who prove to be very useful in alleviating hazards, including climate change and the emergence of novel viruses.

Computer Science

Indeed, one can have a very successful career with a degree in computer science. It has been one of the in-demand degrees for many years. The requirement for qualified candidates with top-level IT skills will always be there as technology evolves and penetrates various areas of everyday life. There is no denying that most of those who wish to study in the US prefer enrolling in a computer science degree program.

The versatility aspect of this particular degree compels many students to pursue it. Students with a computer science degree work as business app programmers, mobile app developers, software developers, database analysts, etc. One needs to study business information systems, various mobile platforms, database development, web technologies, and many more during the study.

Communication

One of the top degree programs in demand is communication. Not everyone possesses the talent to communicate fluently. Most companies across diverse sectors require an employee who can effortlessly communicate messages, ideas, or information. It is necessary to pursue a degree course in communication to master all skills necessary for communicating.

Aspirants need to select a concentration or major when they pursue a degree course in communication abroad. The main major subjects include journalism, corporate communications, and public relations. An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in communication has multiple applications; one can use it in any field.

Health Information Technology

It is one of the in-demand degrees many students with a dream to study abroad pursue because of its excellent scope. Individuals with a degree in health information technology can prove instrumental in various ways. They have profound knowledge and the necessary skills to maintain and manage medical records regarding facility planning, quality control, billing, and research.

Hospitals and nursing homes use different codes and industry standards to track information. Several colleges overseas offer a degree course in health information technology. Those pursuing careers as health information technology experts earn a high salary.

Medical Science and Technology

One of the crucial members of a healthcare team is a medical lab technician. In most cases, they do not get their due respect because they work behind the scenes. Pursuing a medical science and technology course at a higher education institution abroad can benefit aspirants.

During study, students learn the correct techniques to conduct medical tests to diagnose, treat, and monitor various disorders. Many colleges and Universities overseas offer medical science and technology as an associate degree.

Mechanical Engineering

Students aspiring to become mechanical engineers travel abroad to pursue a degree course in mechanical engineering. Bagging a highly lucrative job with a mechanical degree becomes easier if one completes the course at a leading higher education institution abroad. The demand for competent mechanical engineers is there in nearly every industry.

Mechanical engineers know how to deal with complex problems and devise ingenious solutions. Students learn about designing, developing, and implementing various machines and devices, which range from healthcare equipment to automobile engines. Enrolling in a mechanical engineering degree program at a prestigious college or University abroad is advisable.

Civil Engineering

Society respects civil engineers a lot because of their crucial role. They are responsible for designing, constructing, and supervising roads, highways, bridges, dams, and physical structures in the public and private sectors.Civil engineers contribute to transportation facilities and human mobility. It is sensible to study in the US if one wants to pursue a career as a civil engineer. A highly ranked higher education institute overseas renowned for offering a degree program in civil engineering is ideal for aspirants.

Besides the ones enumerated above, many degree courses offered by colleges and Universities abroad are highly sought after. An in-demand degree helps open the door to lucrative and rewarding career opportunities.

Study Abroad
Study in USA
Study in Canada
Study in UK
Study in Australia
USA
#studyabroad
#courses
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants