the Ultimate Guide to MBA Abroad for Indian Students: Top Countries & Universities

Study Abroad Team 28/07/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Various Types of MBA Courses Abroad

Bagging a remarkably high-paying job at a leading company anywhere globally gets easier with an MBA degree. Therefore, in the last decade, the number of students who wish to study abroad to obtain their coveted MBA degree has increased significantly. MBA aspirants from India and several other nations know the excellent career opportunities after MBA.

A student doesn't need to pursue an undergraduate business administration or management course to become eligible for an MBA program abroad. An applicant can secure admission at a sought-after B-school or University overseas to pursue an MBA specialization course after graduation. 

One can acquire profound knowledge and skills for managerial positions when studying MBA. Aside from the huge potential for landing a lucrative job, starting and managing a business effectively is possible after completing an MBA program. Many esteemed Universities in several countries offer various MBA specialization programs.  However, it is wise to understand the varying types of MBA courses to  study abroad. 

  • Full-Time MBA Course: A full-time MBA program lasts two years. Students who pursue this course get to enrich their knowledge of the business and management field. Ultimately, the course helps them master the necessary skills to pursue their desired careers.
  • Part-Time MBA Course:  Students who start to work and earn after graduation to support their studies and families mostly opt for a part-time MBA program. Maintaining the work-study balance becomes much easier when pursuing an MBA specialization course part-time. 
  • Executive MBA Course: Working professionals aspiring to enrich their knowledge and skill set opt for pursuing an executive MBA program. Doing so can help them get promotions quicker than their competitors and become highly valuable working professionals in the job market.
  • Online MBA Course:  Students can study MBA online from the comfort of their homes if they get admission to an online MBA program. There is no need to attend classes regularly on campus. Multiple B-schools and Universities in different nations offer online MBA degree programs. 

Sought-After MBA Specialization Courses in Overseas

Opting for the  cheapest MBA in the UK for Indian students  and those from other nations is prudent. However, it is a must to choose an MBA specialization program beforehand according to career goals.  The initial year of an MBA curriculum needs students to understand the fundamentals of business management and other subjects pertaining to managerial courses.

Once students assimilate how the business world functions, they will obtain profound knowledge of the specialization course in the MBA they have selected in their final year.  Here are the most sought-after MBA specializations.

  • Finance
  • Marketing
  • International Business
  • Human Resources
  • Supply Chain Management
  • Information Systems
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Project Management
  • Information Technology
  • Construction Management

What Compels Students to Pursue an MBA Program Abroad?

Indeed, the Master of Business Administration is the most sought-after post-graduation degree program. Studying MBA in the UK for Indian and international students can immensely benefit their careers. Besides the UK, countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia, and Germany are also ideal for pursuing an MBA program.

Regardless of the specialization an aspirant chooses, they will acquire the requisite soft and cross-functional skills when studying MBA. The reasons that compel most students to pursue an MBA course include high earning potential, extensive network, the knowledge to start a business, and many more. 

the Ultimate Guide to MBA Abroad for Indian Students: Top Countries & Universities

Obtain Prerequisite Skills and Knowledge

Students can gain practical knowledge and acquire prerequisite skills when they study MBA at leading Business schools or Universities abroad. One gets to learn about the latest and most effective business administration techniques. Solving new-age business-related problems becomes easier for the ones with MBA degrees.

Remarkable Advancements in Career

An MBA degree opens the door to an aspirant's lucrative and rewarding career. Globally renowned companies offer high-paying management positions to qualified candidates with an MBA degree. Fulfilling the dream of studying abroad, MBA can contribute remarkably to the advancements in one's career. 

The Earning Potential is Much Better

Compared to obtaining an MBA from an Indian B-school, one can get a more high-paying job at a leading organization or company if they complete an MBA overseas. 

Excellent Networking Opportunities

When pursuing an MBA course overseas, students can expand their network with teachers, professors, alumni, and prospective employers. One who makes the most of the networking opportunities throughout an MBA program has more potential to land a profitable job. 

MBA Program Abroad Application Procedure

To  study abroad, regardless of the nation, especially to pursue an MBA program, meeting the eligibility criteria is essential for every applicant. 

Eligibility Requirements

MBA aspirants must have a bachelor's degree with at least 50% scores from a well-recognized college to become eligible for an MBA program abroad. Applicants must show proof of at least 2-3 years of work experience when applying at a B-school in New Zealand and Ireland. However, multiple Universities in different countries give admission to qualified applicants for an MBA program without work experience.

Merit-Based Examination

A student aspiring to  study in the US or any other popular European nation needs to sit for a merit-based entrance examination such as GRE or GMAT. It is a must for them to obtain good marks to become eligible to apply to their coveted MBA program abroad. 

English Proficiency Test

Indian students and applicants from non-native countries must prove their English proficiency to secure admission at a reputed B-school overseas. MBA aspirants must appear for TOEFL or IELTS and get a high score. One needs to obtain anywhere between 6.0-6.5 IELTS scores, and in the case of TOEFL, bagging a score of 85-90 is a must to compel a University to give admission.

Visa Requirements

Post-procuring admission at a B-school, applying for a visa in a country a student will immigrate to is mandatory. Getting hold of the visa will allow a student to enter that particular nation where he or she has to pursue their desired MBA specialization program. In addition, students can reap many advantages when they carry a valid visa registered in the country they visit for higher study purposes.

Top Destinations and Business Schools to Study MBA Overseas

The USA

The United States of America is home to many prestigious B-schools. Securing admission for an MBA course at one of the reputed Universities in the USA can help students learn and master a range of skills required for diverse business management activities. One gets the most suitable environment, infrastructure, and education in B-schools in the USA. 

Top Business Schools in the USA 

  • Harvard Business School
  • Columbia Business School
  • Yale School of Management
  • Michigan Ross School of Business
  • Stanford Graduate School of Business
  • MIT Sloan School of Management

It will cost a student who wants to pursue an MBA degree course at the best USA Business Schools anywhere between $30,000 and $80,000. The tuition fee does not include accommodation costs, traveling, and other expenses.

The UK

London, the capital of the United Kingdom, is home to the country's prosperous finance and banking sector. Most students who complete their MBA course in the UK end up landing high-paying jobs in the country. The employability rate in the United Kingdom among MBA graduates has increased lately. An MBA in the UK for Indian students is the best post-graduation program.

Top Business Schools in the UK

  • London Business School
  • Cambridge Judge Business School
  • The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
  • Imperial College Business School
  • Alliance Manchester Business School
  • Cranfield School of Management
  • University of Edinburgh Business School

The tuition fee a student has to pay to pursue an MBA course in the UK is usually ranging from $40,000 to $1,00,000.

Canada

One of the sought-after countries among MBA aspirants is Canada because it is home to some of the world's best Business schools. This nation offers excellent work opportunities to MBA graduates and ensures hassle-free immigration possibilities. Therefore, almost seven out of every ten MBA aspirants prefer studying MBA in a Canadian B-school. 

Top Business Schools in Canada

  • McGill University
  • Smith MBA at Queen's University
  • Rotman School of Management
  • Alberta School of Business
  • Dalhousie University
  • Ivey Business School
  • Sauder School of Business

Compared to the USA and the UK, an MBA program's tuition fee is more affordable when a student chooses to  study in Canada. A student pursuing an MBA course at a Canadian University must pay between $30,000 and $40,000.

Germany

In Europe, Germany boasts the highest national economy and welcomes over seventy percent of international students annually. Many Indian students are applying for an MBA in English that many German Universities are offering lately. Procuring admission at one of the public Universities in Germany can help a student get government financial aid. A student should  study in Germany  if one does not have the budget to pursue a coveted MBA program in other nations such as the USA, the UK, or Canada.

Top Business Schools in Germany

  • Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
  • Mannheim Business School
  • European School of Management and Technology
  • HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management

Enrolling in an MBA course at a public management University in Germany won't require a student to pay tuition fees other than the semester fee ranges from $200 to $350. The average MBA course fees range for private business schools from $16,000 to $35,000.

Aside from the aforementioned countries, many MBA aspirants from India and other nations board a flight to Australia every year. Australian B-schools are renowned worldwide for their high-standard infrastructure and education. It is prudent to choose any popular destination and secure admission at a leading B-school to pursue the coveted MBA program. 

Study Abroad
Study in UK
USA
#studyabroad
#courses
#Canada
#UK
#Germany
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants