Step-by-Step Guide for Indian Student to Choose the Right Graduate Program in the UK

Study Abroad Team 27/12/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The United Kingdom has some of the best universities in the world that accept students from different nations. Therefore many Indian students consider the UK as a prime destination to undergo graduation programs. But still, many students need help choosing the right graduation program for a better future.

Best Ways to Choose the Right Graduate Program in the UK for Indian Students

By Researching About the Best Universities in the UK

Research is the best way to begin anything. One must start their quest to find the right graduate program in the UK by researching its universities. There are ample universities in the UK that offer the best graduate programs. So choosing the best before research will be challenging.

But to ease the research work, here is a list of UK universities offering graduate programs.

Imperial College London

The prestigious Imperial College is a famous destination among Indian students to pursue graduate programs in diverse fields. This college has responsible management and provides the best UK student accommodation. One can indeed check out this college as a next stop for top-notch graduate programs.

University of Cambridge

The University of Cambridge is an institute that needs no introduction. A strong alumni network, high-quality faculty, and practical course structuring are the most valuable assets of this institution. One can research more about this institute and pick the right graduate course for a successful career ahead.

The university is also an excellent choice for economics, law, science, and MBA in UK for Indian students.

London School of Economics and Political Science

The London School of Economics and Political Science is famous for producing great minds in diverse sectors. The university has premium-class amenities and can accommodate students from around the globe. One can check out the other university facilities and enroll themselves in any graduate program of their choice.

St George's, University of London

St George's, University of London is popular among Indian students who want to establish their careers in healthcare. Moreover, the university has proper facilities and practical course structuring to help its students get existing market exposure. One can select the graduate programs of this university to have a bright future in the hospital sector.

University of Oxford

Oxford, the name rings a bell in many students' minds as the establishment keeps giving greats after greats. Studying at Oxford is a once-in-a-lifetime chance as students transform their life for the greater good. Management and facilities for abroad students are exceptional and beyond comparison. One can select a graduate program here and dive deep into the sea of possibility.

Oxford is the best choice to pursue MBA, M.Sc, and Ph.D. in UK.

(Note*: These are the top choices of Indian students, according to the internet. One can either choose these colleges or go for other preferences. But one should select the college that meets their budget and requirement)

By Navigating Through the Program Structure and Curriculum

After thorough research about the different universities, one must proceed to check the program structure of these universities. It is mandatory as one may find a university suitable but not the course structure. One should choose the graduate program that aligns with their ambition and the university's reputation.

Continuing with the top college preference given above:-

Imperial College London

The Imperial College London has various graduate programs in engineering (multiple disciplines), business, and medicine. Most programs last about 1-2 years. The tuition fee structure for the programs fluctuates between Rs 40-80 lacs per annum depending on the course. The hostel fee fluctuates between Rs 12k-32k per week depending on the choice of stay.

University of Cambridge

The University of Cambridge has diverse graduate programs in economics, law, and science. Most programs last about 1-2 years. The tuition fee structure for the programs fluctuates between Rs 31-65 lacs per annum, depending on the course. The hostel fee fluctuates between Rs 21-56 lacs per annum depending on the choice of stay.

London School of Economics and Political Science

London School of Economics and Political Science offers graduate economics, law, and social science programs. Most programs last about 1-2 years. The tuition fee structure for the programs fluctuates between Rs 35-46 lacs per annum, depending on the course. The hostel fee ranges between Rs 4-12 lacs per annum, depending on the choice of stay.

St George's, University of London

St George's, University of London has diverse graduate programs in medicine and health sciences. Most programs last about 1-2 years. The program's tuition fee is Rs 12 lacs annually and may vary according to the course. The hostel fee is Rs 4 lac annually and may vary according to room choice.

University of Oxford

The University of Cambridge offers diverse graduate programs in humanities, law, MBA, etc. Most programs last about 1-2 years. The tuition fee structure for the programs fluctuates between Rs 37-67 lacs per annum, depending on the course. The hostel fee is 12.5 lacs per month.

By Comprehending the Entry Requirements and Eligibility to Pursue Graduate Program in the UK

After carefully selecting the university and the course, one should know all the entry requirements and eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria to pursue a graduate program in the UK:-

  • Bachelor Degree(with 60% marks or CGPA with 6.5-7)
  • English Language Test Score( IELTS: 6.5-7, TOEFL: 90-110)
  • GMAT/GRE(GRE-160, GMAT-500)
  • Work Experience(For MBA 1-2 years)
  • Research Proposal( For MS)
  • UK Student Visa

After revising all the relative information about the eligibility criteria. One must collect these documents as the entry criteria:-

  • Letter of Recommendation
  • Research Statement
  • English Language Proficiency Scores
  • Valid Passport & Visa
  • Academic Documents of Previous Universities
  • Test Scores
  • CV
  • Fee Payment Receipt
  • Statement of Purpose

Knowing the Support Services for Indian Students to Pursue Higher Education in the UK

Studying in the UK for the first time can be a challenging affair. Therefore one must know the support services present in the UK during difficult times. These services will make life easier while pursuing higher education in the UK.

There will be:-

  • Pre-Arrival Support Guide: Universities provide pre-arrival support guides to help students strategize their budgets, get medical insurance details, and secure accommodation.
  • Campus Support Service: Universities provide campus support services for students with different workshops and academic support.
  • Student Association on Campus: Student bodies organize different events for newcomers to adapt to the college environment.
  • Private & Government Educational loans: Both private and government banks in India provide student loans for study abroad to deserving candidates. The loans come with minimum interest rates, and the candidate procuring them gets enough time to repay them.
  • Scholarships -Indian students can study MBA, medicine, engineering, or Ph.D. in abroad with scholarships.

Scholarships and Funding to Pursue Higher Education in the UK for Indian Students

Lastly, studying in the UK can be expensive for someone from a not-so-grand financial background. One must inspect the scholarships present in the UK education section. But these are currently available for international students in the current scenario.

  • Gates Cambridge Scholarships
  • Bristol University International Office Scholarships.
  • GREAT Scholarships
  • Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships.
  • Chevening Scholarships
  • Commonwealth Scholarships

Final Thoughts

These were some of the ways by which one can choose the right graduate program in the UK. But apart from that, one can also take help and guidance from career counseling websites to understand the overall process better. Counseling websites have experts who know this industry's tricks and will suggest the best for the future.

Study Abroad
Study in UK
StudyAbroad
Courses&Programs
studyinuk
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants