University of Birmingham's 1 million pounds Scholarships Await Indian students for 2024-2025

Study Abroad Team 02/02/2024
2 Mins Read

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

The University of Birmingham is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world. The University offers scholarships for Indian students to study in UK- Birmingham for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The University of Birmingham is acclaimed for receiving 10 Nobel prizes and making many radical discoveries in the last 100 years. 

  Listing below are the 7 of the several scholarships announced by the University of Birmingham for the academic year 2024- 2025. 

Deep mind scholarship 

  • About the Scholarship: The international scholarships provided are valued at (3*£52,565). This comprises tuition fees valued at £ 27,540. A maintenance grant that is given in installments throughout the course amounts to £19,345. This is majorly to cover the living costs. £1,700 is provided to purchase the required study equipment like a laptop. £ 2,200 is offered to attend an international conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and or Machine Learning. £1870 is provided as relocation expenses. 
  • Level of study: Post Graduate taught Masters 
  • Subject area: Computer Science  
  • Purpose: To increase the availability and diversity of unrepresented groups in computer science. 
  • How to apply:  If you are holding an offer from the Central Admissions Office for this course, you will receive an email with an application link. 
  • Deadline:  Yet to be announced. 

UG outstanding achievement scholarship (20 awards * £4000 per award. 

  • About the Scholarship: The University of Birmingham is offering 20 scholarships specifically to selected Indian students.
  • Level of study: This scholarship is provided for undergraduate programs in Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Nursing and Physiotherapy, Life and Environmental Sciences, Pharmacy, and Social Sciences. The course will commence in September 2024.  
  • Eligibility:The scholarship will be awarded to the best-performing students.  
  • Deadline: The admission deadline is April 30, 2024.  

University of Birmingham- Global master's scholarships (Automatic, £2000 scholarships per award). 

  • Level of study: The scholarship is provided for international students from selected countries who wish to pursue a master's degree in Birmingham for the year 2024. The eligible students will have £2000 deducted from their tuition fees.  
  • Eligibility:  To avail of this, the applicant should have an unconditional offer and must accept it through the postgraduate portal.  
  • Deadline:The application deadline is May 2024. 

India Chancellor Scholarship (15 awards*, £2000 per award). 

  • About the Scholarship: The University of Birmingham is offering 15 scholarships specifically to selected Indian students.  
  • Level of study: The scholarship amount is allotted for the tuition fees in postgraduate courses in subjects like Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, and Social Sciences. 
  • Eligibility:The scholarship will be purely based on merit and their statement of purpose. It does not apply to postgraduate programs like MPhil, MRes, MMus, MLit, PGDip, and PGCert. Also, those who wish to pursue it as' distance learning' won't be eligible for this scholarship. The course will commence in September 2024. 
  • Deadline:The application deadline is May 2024. 

 GREAT Scholarships 2024 (26*£ 10,000 award) 

  • About The Scholarship: There are over 26 postgraduate scholarships available for candidates from India. The minimum value of the scholarship is *£ 10,000. These scholarships are funded by both the British Council of India and the GREAT Britain Campaign. Twenty-five universities are taking part in this scholarship program, including the University of Birmingham. 
  • Level of study: The scholarship is offered for courses in the College of Arts and Law (excluding Law LLM and MSc) and covers the entire tuition fee. 
  • Eligibility: The students who wish to apply must be citizens and residents of India and hold a bachelor's degree in their specific area of study. These scholarships are awarded purely based on merit. 
  • Deadline: The deadline for application is mid-May to early June.   

University of Birmingham-The GEES Global Futures Scholarship (£2000 per award) 

  • Level of study: The School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences is offering students from India scholarships for either undergraduate (UG), or Post Graduate taught (PGT) master'smasters at the Edgbaston campus. It allows Indian students to pursue courses in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Earth Science, Urban and Regional Planning, Public and Environmental health, etc. The UG category will only receive the amount in their first year of studies. The scholarship amount of £2000 is deducted from their tuition fees. 
  • Purpose: This scholarship program was initiated to offer multiple opportunities to Indian students to help resolve many issues that both India and the UK are currently facing. 
  • Deadline: The scholarships are limited and are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis, which makes it essential for aspirants to apply as soon as possible. The fee reduction will be applied to enrolment in the UG programs. 

Million Pound Scholarship Fund for Business School Master's Students 

  • Level of study: This is specifically for Indian students who wish to pursue an MSc in the US for 2024. The scholarship covers the entire tuition fees in this program. The scholarships applicable for this course are the Dean's Responsible Business Scholarship, MSc Economics Scholarship, MSc Supply Chain Management Scholarship, and MSc Sustainable Innovation and Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
  • How to apply: Fill out the online scholarship form. Before applying, make sure to carefully read the instructions in the email. Applicants can apply for one or more of the scholarships in their application. 
  • Eligibility: The candidates will be selected based on academic excellence.
  • Deadline:  Applications received by January 15, 2024- Decision by February 29, 2024.  Applications by March 15, 2024- Decision by April 30, 2024.  Applications by May 15, 2024- Decisions by June 28, 2024.

 As the University of Birmingham offers scholarships for such a large sum, Indian scholars must grab the opportunity and make the best of it. This can be your trump card to a successful and fulfilling career. By applying early, you increase your chance of securing the scholarship and thus redefining your future. 

Study Abroad
Study in UK
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants