Application To US Universities In 2023

Study Abroad Team 02/06/2023
8 Mins Read

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

No other country has as many international students as the United States. When an Indian student considers the possibility of studying abroad, the United States emerges as one of the top countries on their list.

Besides offering quality education, colleges and universities in the United States are known for their multicultural environment, well-structured curriculum, and solid career opportunities. Most Indian students who pursued their higher studies in the United States had flourishing careers.

Application To US Universities In 2023

In today’s times, international students have a lot of options to choose from. At the same time, some consider universities in Italy for international students, and some plan to study in Japan. However, after all these years, the United States remains the best country for international students.

Top Universities to Apply in the US in 2023

Once a student decides to study in the United States, one of the first things they would do is make a list of colleges or universities they would apply to. If a student wishes to have a career in dentistry, they will compile a list of the best dental colleges in the United States.

An individual interested in music would look for the best colleges offering courses on music. Of course, there are many colleges that offer courses in a variety of subjects or streams. Before downloading any application form, you must check the spring admissions in the USA 2023 deadline.

Here is a list of some of the best universities to apply in the US:

New York University

When a student starts compiling a list of the best universities in the US for international students, they cannot afford to miss out on mentioning New York University or NYU. Since 1831, NYU has been one of the top-rated educational institutions in the world.

The faculty at NYU is known for organizing several events and programs designed to help international students adjust to the university's ethos and the culture of New York. The university also provides immigration assistance to individuals looking for student visas.

Northeastern University

Based in Boston, Massachusetts, Northeastern University is one of the most preferred universities in the US for international students for various reasons. Since this university offers a wide range of programs and courses, it attracts students of all kinds.

Close to 20% of the students in the university are international students. That serves as a testimony to the fact that the university's curriculum works very well for students from different parts of the world.

University of Illinois

More than 10,000 international students enroll at the University of Illinois every year. The university has multiple campuses across the United States, which is one reason why it manages to cater to so many students.

While the college offers a variety of programs, its engineering program attracts a large number of international students every year. The university also ensures its students get good professional experience before getting their degrees.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

This 162-year-old university continues to be one of the top choices for international students who wish to pursue engineering careers. Students who have studied at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or MIT have contributed greatly to modern science and technology development.

One of the biggest reasons MIT attracts many international students is because it provides them with financial aid. The college is known to be very generous with scholarships and extremely encouraging of meritorious students.

Rice University

Whenever Indian students plan to study abroad, they look for universities with credible faculty members. Based in Houston, Texas, Rice University has always been known for its highly qualified faculty members. While researching admission in US universities, this is one university you must list down.

With 6:1 being the university's student-to-faculty ratio, students can expect personalized guidance from their teachers. The college is also known for its diversity and multicultural setup. A quarter of the total number of students in the university happens to be international students.

Arizona State University (ASU)

Arizona State University, or ASU is one of those universities in the United States where the number of international students is extremely high. The university is known for its world-class research facility, which proves to be highly beneficial to students.

The university approves the application of several international students every year and gives them as many as 85 programs. The university’s website is highly informative and provides international students with all the support they need during the application process.

Application Process to Universities in the US: Overview of the Expenses

When and Indian student plans to move abroad for their higher studies, they have to take the various expenses involved in the process into account. Whether a student plans to go for graduate studies or undergraduate studies, they should start their financial planning in advance.

Apart from researching the tuition fees, the applicant must also figure out the expenses involved in living in the United States. They should also consider applying for scholarships that would reduce the financial burden of them studying abroad. You must also remember that deadlines for 2023 could be different from US university application deadline for international students 2022.

While planning their finances, there are several factors a student has to consider. One of the first things to do is analyze their personal funds. They need to figure out whether they have enough funds at their disposal to support their education. When studying abroad, most students turn to their parents for financial support.

Sometimes, a student or their parents have the financial strength to support a part of their education. In such a situation, students can reach out to the university they are applying to for financial aid. The university will work towards assessing the financial situation of the student and their family before deciding whether they should be provided with financial aid.

There are a few tips that students can remember while planning their education in the US. Many Indian students make the mistake of applying only to private universities based in the United States. Once a student has decided to study in the US, they should apply to both public and private universities.

It is important to remember that universities based in certain areas of the United States charge much less than educational institutions in bigger cities. For instance, the tuition fee of a college based in the Midwest would be much lesser than the fee charged by Boston University. The cost of living in smaller towns and cities also tends to be much lower.

Several universities based in the United States, especially those specializing in Ph.D. programs, provide their students with on-campus jobs, fellowships, research assistantships and graduate teaching opportunities. Enquiring about these opportunities provided by a university is important while planning your finances.

Since faculty members are usually charged for finalizing the names of the students who will be given grants and offered funding, applicants should reach out to professors before submitting their applications. They must work towards identifying the colleges and universities offering international students financial aid.

While planning to apply to a US-based university, applicants must remember that international students do not get federal loans. An Indian student or their parent has to apply for a loan in a bank based in India and make the financial arrangements before everything gets finalized.

Expenses Involved in the Application Process 

While planning for their foreign education, a student needs to consider the costs or expenses involved in applying to a US university. This is the first step in a student fulfilling their dream to study in the US.

While the GRE registration will cost $205, the total TOEFL registration costs $180. The additional score report fee for GRE is $27. The additional score report fee for TOEFL, on the other hand, is $19. The college or university application fee could be between $30 and $150. Many universities, however, do not charge any application fee.

Most universities require students to send copies of their degrees and transcripts. Students would have to pay between $1 and $5 to attest to a degree or transcript. A student’s total expenses in an application process would greatly depend on the requirements of the college or university they are applying to.

Universities to Apply in the USA Without Application Fee

The application fee charged by US-based universities tends to be quite steep. However, not every university a student applies to charges an application fee. Suppose a student aspires to study in the United States and has decided to save every penny they can. In that case, they should consider applying only to universities that do not charge an application fee.  

Application To US Universities In 2023

In terms of area, the United States is the third largest country in the world. The country is home to more than 6,000 educational institutions. While participating in the application process, students have plenty of options. However, a certain amount of research is required when they wish to narrow their options and apply only to universities that do not charge an application fee.

Some of the most prestigious universities in the United States that do not charge an application fee are the University of California, Michigan Technology University, University of Illinois, Arizona State University, Texas A & M University, University of Connecticut, Colorado State University, University of Buffalo, University of California, Saint Louis University, Case Western Reserve University, Clemson University and Carnegie Mellon University. 

Study Abroad
Study in USA
Application Process
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants