Automotive in USA: Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 09/02/2024
3 Mins Read

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Automotive Engineering, a sub discipline within the broader field of Engineering & Technology. It is dedicated to the design of new vehicles and the enhancement of existing machine technology and systems. This study in USA combines with various disciplines like Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, and Materials Science.

Automotive industry is a promising career for Indian students, with developments in hybrid cars and revolutionary innovations such as flying or self-driving vehicles. Automotive Engineering courses in US encompass tools from Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Safety, and Software Engineering. These tools help engineers to integrate functionality, safety, and aesthetics, resulting in the creation of fully engineered vehicles.

Why Study in the United States?

  • The Universities in America top the world rankings, with five universities in the first ten spots in the latest QS rankings.
  • With over 4,300 institutions to choose from Universities in America offer quality education and it is recognized and accepted globally for both Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
  • US is known for its cultural diversity with its rich history of migration. Depending on the region in America, students will experience influences from all over the world, making it a popular choice for cultural integration.

List of Universities for Automotive Programs in the US

  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
  • Stanford University
  • University of Michigan
  • University of California, Berkeley
  • Georgia Institute of Technology
  • Michigan State University
  • Kettering University
  • Clemson University
  • Ohio State University
  • University of Texas at Austin

Types of Degrees in Automotive Technology

1. Associate Degree in Automotive Technology-(Two years)

2. Bachelor's Degree in Automotive Technology- (Four years)

3. Master's Degree in Automotive Technology- (Two years)

4. Certificate in Automotive Technology- (One year)

Admission Process for Automotive Programs in the US

The student must choose the research and choose the University that aligns with their requirements.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Aspirants should fulfill all the requirements before applying to the bachelor's and master's courses in Automotive.
  • The student should have a qualification certificate of 12th or bachelor's from a registered educational institution.
  • The student must to have Grade Point Average (GPA) from 2-4
  • Test scores of English proficiency tests like IELTS (minimum 6.5-7.5), TOEFL (80-100).
  • The students should have all the documents ready, like a letter of recommendation, a strong statement of purpose, etc.
  • Students should upload all their academic transcripts during admission.

Documents Required

Here is the list of documents required to apply to US Universities

  • Academic Transcripts
  • Financial support proof
  • Printout of DS 160 confirmation
  • I-20 form
  • Valid Passport
  • Resume
  • Medical certificates

Visa Process

  • The first step in obtaining a student visa is to apply to the US University that the student wishes to study in and get a letter of Enrolment from there. This is because the student must submit a letter of acceptance from the University during their visa application.
  • Complete the Visa application form on the US government's official website.
  • Select the Visa type and fill DS 160 and attach documents.
  • Schedule 2 appointments as a part of visa processing. Pay $160 fee which is non- refundable.
  • Students must also get insurance that covers the medical expenses during his/her stay in the US.
  • Attend biometric appointments one for fingerprints and another for personal interview with consulate in your country. You must speak about your financial situation and study plans in the interview.
  • The Visa decision will be told on the spot. If it’s positive, the passport will be retained and returned 3- 4 days after the interview.
  • The US F1 visa has a validity of 5 years.

Cost of Automotive Programs in the US

The cost of Automotive Programs in the US can range from

  • $15,000 for Associate Degree.
  • $24,000 - $54,000 for Bachelor's Degree
  • $12,000 - $30,000 for Master's Degree
  • From $30,000 for Doctoral Degree

Scholarships for Automotive Programs in the US

  • Founder's and Trustees' Scholarships - This scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students on merit basis. The scholarship is offered by Lehigh University which is a Private research University. This University offers 18 Masters Programs in Engineering and Technology alone.
  • George J. Mitchell Scholarships: This scholarship is offered by Carnegie Mellon University and offers various benefits like reductions in tuition fee, awards and discounts based on merit. The award value can be used by students to meet their tuition and living costs.
  • Merit Scholarships: This scholarship offered by Temple University located in Philadelphia, United States has an award value of $ 2000.
  • Harvard University Scholarship: This scholarship provides the student with multiple benefits and are both merit and need-based.
  • Great Minds Scholars Program: This scholarship offered by Worcester Polytechnic Institute is a purely need-based scholarship. Students in need of financial assistance can receive grants to pay the cost of college which is in Worcester, United States.

Career Opportunities on Completion of Automotive Programs in the US

Automotive Engineering programs equip students with the skills needed for vehicle manufacturing and operation, covering areas such as mechanics, design, product innovation, and sales. These programs train future Automotive engineers to develop mobility systems, design prototypes, and manage engineering projects. After the completion of the course, students can work as Automotive Engineer, Service Manager, Automotive Salesperson, Auto Parts Specialist etc. Depending on the specialization students can explore many career paths and choose the one that best suits their interest.

FAQs

1. Is Automotive Engineering in demand in US?

Automotive Engineers are much sought out by employers in the US.

2. What is the best degree to get into the Automotive industry?

Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology equips the student with expertise on engine technology, heavy equipment maintenance and manufacturing auto parts.

3. What is the highest salary for Automotive Technology?

Automotive Technicians can earn up to $125,000 per year.

4. Which University is best for Automotive Engineering in US?

University of Michigan, Ohio State University, Minnesota State University are three of the best Universities for Automotive Engineering in US

5. Which country has the highest demand for Automotive Engineers?

Canada and USA have the highest demand for Automotive Engineers

Study Abroad
Study in USA
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants