Economics & Econometrics in USA - Admission, Requirement, Course, Cost, Scholarships, and Careers

Study Abroad Team 30/01/2024

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Highlights of Economics & Econometrics in USA

Only a few international students who opt to study abroad pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in Economics and econometrics. However, those with a degree in Economics and econometrics from a recognized higher education institution earn 53% more than the average of other bachelor's degree holders. One can quickly establish a rewarding and lucrative career in business consulting, finance, and economics. 

Those passionate about developing a robust economic approach, besides meticulously conducting statistical analysis, study Economics and econometrics. The rigorous study of manufacturing, distributing, and consuming products and services is Economics. On the other hand, one needs to apply the statistical approach to economic data to facilitate studying economics. 

Many international students who wish to study Economics in the USA pursue a bachelor's or master's degree program in Economics and econometrics. Prioritizing Econometrics helps one use the empirical approach required to meticulously review an economic policy or theory. A few top-ranked higher education institutes in the USA offer courses in economics and econometrics.

Why Study Economics and Econometrics in USA?

The United States of America is home to 7 of the world's ten best universities that conduct degree programs in Economics and Econometrics. The teaching faculty is highly experienced and qualified at these American higher education institutes that offer Economics and Econometrics degree programs.

Each USA-based college and university renowned for offering Economics and Econometrics boasts modern infrastructure and facilities that help students. Nearly every higher education institute in the USA prioritizes customization of the study experience and academic flexibility. 

Studying economics and econometrics in the USA can enable international students to comprehend critical and complex problems like tax rates, inflation, and poverty better. Moreover, one can learn how to utilize various tools, make informed financial decisions, read statistics, etc.

All prestigious schools of Economics in the USA allow students to apply every method they learn in the classroom and clearly explain analysis methods. The faculty enables students to master conducting a critical analysis of mathematical problems and accurately express the results.

Compared to other social science groups, those who complete an Economics and Econometrics course and obtain a degree from a top-ranked US university have higher average yearly earnings. The demand for Economics and Econometrics graduates is high in the US job market.

Students from India and many other countries choose the US to pursue a degree in Economics and Econometrics as numerous off-campus housing options are available in large cities. Moreover, international students can easily communicate and connect with natives as everyone in this country speaks English.

Types of Economics & Econometrics Course in USA

Here are the most sought-after bachelor's and master's degree programs in Economics and Econometrics at top American higher education institutions.

  • Bachelor of Science in Economics & Econometrics
  • Bachelor of Science in Economics & Applied Econometrics
  • Bachelor's degree in Business Economics and Quantitative Studies
  • Master of Science in Economics & Econometrics
  • Bachelor of Science in Economics & Applied Econometrics
  • Master's degree in Social Science Methods
  • Master's degree in Strategic Trade

List of Universities Offering Economics & Econometrics in USA

The best higher education institutes in the USA offer degree programs in Economics and Econometrics.

  • Bryan School of Business and Economics
  • Spears School of Business
  • College of Arts and Sciences
  • University of Nevada, Las Vegas
  • George Mason University
  • Western Michigan University
  • University of Utah
  • University of Missouri
  • Boston University
  • Georgia Southern University

Economics & Econometrics Course Admission Process in USA

Every top school of Economics in the USA requires applicants to fulfill the admission requirements. It is essential for every international student who wants to apply to a degree course in Economics and Econometrics to visit the official websites of those institutes in the US that offer these degrees. Applicants will know the application deadline, fee, and procedure.

It is a must for every interested applicant to carry out the application process without violating the guidelines. Providing all required information when filling out the application form is of the utmost importance for applicants. Uploading all necessary documents at the time of submission of the form online through the application portal is imperative.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Every interested UG program applicant must complete higher secondary or equivalent to be eligible for applying.
  • Providing a copy of the higher secondary exam pass certificate or equivalent is necessary.
  • Holding a bachelor's degree in a related discipline is a must for those who apply to a postgraduate degree program in Economics and Econometrics. 
  • Demonstrating English language proficiency is a must for each international applicant who hails from a non-English speaking nation. So, scoring well in IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE is paramount to improving the chances of securing admission.
  • UG and PG program applicants must submit all crucial documents and the application form. Applying before the deadline and paying the application fee must be something an applicant must remember and execute.

Documents Required

  • Higher secondary exam pass certificate or equivalent 
  • A bachelor's degree in Economics and Econometrics
  • Official academic transcripts
  • A passport copy
  • Passport photographs
  • TOEFL or IELTS certificate
  • Letter of Recommendation
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Updated Resume or CV
  • Proof of Funds

Proficiency Test

Proving English language proficiency is necessary for applicants not from an English-speaking nation. Scoring more than the required marks in TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE should be every applicant's priority to prove their expertise in English. 

Visa Process

It is crucial for international students who receive admission approval to apply for a student visa. Students must provide evidence of admission when applying for a US study visa. Following all the necessary steps and paying the visa application fee can help one quickly get hold of the coveted visa. Entering, staying, and studying in the US is possible with a study visa.

Cost of Economics & Econometrics in USA

  • Tuition Fee: A degree program in Economics and Econometrics at a top-rated US higher education institute requires a student to spend anywhere between 30,000-50,000 USD as course tuition fee.
  • Living Cost: International students who live and study in the US have to bear around 15,500 USD every year for accommodation, food, travel, and miscellaneous expenses. 

Scholarships for Economics & Econometrics in USA

Here are the scholarships available for US international students studying Economics & Econometrics.

  • Graduate International Alumni Scholarship
  • eSports Scholarship
  • Graduate Scholar Award
  • Gorilla International Scholarship
  • International Merit Scholarships

Job Opportunities on Completing Economics & Econometrics in USA

One who completes an Economics & Econometrics course from a reputed US university and obtains the desired degree can also find high-paying jobs in the US and other countries. Economics & Econometrics graduates mainly pursue careers as Economists, Data Analysts, Financial Risk Analysts, Accountants, Analytics consultants, etc. The average annual salary of an Econometrician in the USA is 77,400 USD.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What is the duration of MS Economics at a US institute?

A Master of Science degree program in Economics at a leading US university takes two years of full-time study.

How sought-after is an Economics & Econometrics course in USA?

From 2022 to 2032, the employment opportunities of econometricians and economists are projected to increase by 6 percent.

What is the highest-paying job in the domain of Economics & Econometrics?

Those pursuing their careers as financial analysts make the highest yearly salary in the US. 

Why pursue Economics & Econometrics in USA?

Besides prestigious universities renowned for offering Economics & Econometrics programs, job opportunities for graduates in the USA are more.

Is it challenging to get enrolment for a Master in Economics course in USA?

Only 27% of bachelor's degree holders in a related discipline secure admission to US universities that offer a Master's degree program in Economics.

Study Abroad
Study in USA
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants