Engineering Your Way to Success: Pre-Application Tips for Study Abroad

Study Abroad Team 09/06/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

A large number of students who study abroad tend to have remarkable careers. This is one of the biggest reasons why so many students from India go abroad yearly to pursue a course or program.

While many students plan to study in a reputed college or university in a foreign land, very few accomplish this dream. Getting a degree from a well-established foreign university can lead an individual to great success. However, before they do anything else, they must take the first step, which involves applying to the college correctly.

Understanding the Concept of Pre-Application for Study Abroad

When a student finds the courses offered by Universities in Germany interesting, they need to take the proper steps while applying. If a student plans to put together a pre-application for study abroad, they need to be aware of the checklist they must adhere to.

Engineering Your Way to Success: Pre-Application Tips for Study Abroad

1. Choose a Program

The first step in pre-applying to a foreign college or university involves choosing a particular program. While opting for a specific course or program, students must keep their interests and preferences in mind.

When a student decides to study abroad, they have over 175 programs and over 30 programs. Before finalizing a particular program, students could get guidance from their parents, teachers, or counselors.

2. Speak to an Advisor

Writing a pre-application for studying abroad is a big decision; therefore, a student must speak to an advisor about it. While many schools and colleges have professional advisors, reaching out to somebody from the outside is also an option.

A professional advisor will tell the student about the pros and cons of writing a pre-application to study abroad. Apart from helping the student choose the right course and college, they guide them on various aspects pertaining to foreign education.

3. Discuss Funding

Whether a student wishes to pre-apply to Germany top universities or is interested in universities in Switzerland, they need to figure out how they will raise the money to fund their education. Since studying at a foreign university will be expensive, applicants must secure themselves financially before taking the plunge.

Arranging funds to study abroad is not as difficult as students imagine. While an individual can take a student loan, many scholarships, and grants exist. Talking to bank representatives or financial consultants can help students immensely.

4. Campus Paperwork

Pre-applying to universities in Germany for international students or Norway's top universities could sometimes seem like a complex process. While most colleges help their students with pre-application processes involved in foreign education, there are some institutions that go a step beyond.

Some colleges or universities have a dedicated and well-structured application process designed for students who wish to study abroad. Such processes make it much easier for students to apply to foreign universities.

5. Write the Pre-Application

Finally, everything boils down to how well a student is able to write a pre-application. An applicant must take this particular process very seriously. It will, after all, play an important role in determining whether they get admission to the university of their choice.

One thing students must take note of is the deadline given to write a pre-application. While preparing to write a good pre-application is important, they should not get so engrossed that they miss the deadline.

6. The Importance of Planning: Answering the "Why's"?

Nobody decides to study abroad on a particular day and then lands up in a foreign university a few weeks later. For every Indian student, who has studied abroad, it is always a well-thought-out decision.

Here are some of the reasons why planning is important for a student who is about to write a pre-application to a foreign university:

7. Time-Consuming

Planning one's foreign education takes a lot of time; therefore, students must start as early as possible. Students, who plan to send a pre-application to study abroad, will be required to do extensive research on the various processes involved. If a plan is put together meticulously, it will help them tremendously.

8. Academic Qualification

All colleges and universities, just like the institutions based in India, check the applicants' academic records or educational qualifications. The admission committee of every educational institution gives a lot of importance to the student's educational background. If a student plans to apply to foreign universities two years later, they must plan things accordingly and try to secure the kind of score necessary to get into the college of their preference.

9. Tests and Exams

When a student wishes to study at one of the universities in New Zealand or Australia for international students, they should be prepared to appear for a series of tests. These tests or exams are designed to determine whether an applicant fulfills the criteria to study abroad. Some tests applicants would have to go through include the IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, SAT, and GRE.

10. Financial Aid

Whether a student plans to opt for Switzerland to study abroad or wishes to pursue a course in one of the universities in Finland, they need a good amount of financial resources. Putting together a concrete plan to raise finances for studying abroad must be done as early as possible. Even an education loan takes several weeks to get approved.

Engineering Your Way to Success: Pre-Application Tips for Study Abroad

11. Education Consultants

When an applicant looks around, they will find many educational consultants in India and abroad. Digitalization has made reaching out to foreign consultants much more accessible. If a student plans to apply to universities in the UK for international students, it would be a good idea for them to seek consultation from somebody based in the UK. However, most of the reputed consultants remain busy, so one needs to plan things and reach out to them in advance.

Researching Different Study Abroad Programs and Destinations

Before choosing a particular course or college, a student must spend some time doing research. Conducting research is not just important for students who are still figuring out certain things; it also helps those who think they have clarity about everything.

Researching the courses available and the reputed universities based in different countries helps broaden the student's horizon. A student might be clear about studying arts. However, when they research, they know about the myriad of courses that are a part of the arts stream and offered in foreign colleges and universities.

Here are some of the suitable destinations for studying abroad:

1. Australia

Australia is a country with many major cities that have a bunch of reputed universities offering a variety of programs and courses. If an applicant is interested in universities in Australia for international students, they must check out some universities in Brisbane, Melbourne, and Perth.

Australia would also be the right option for students wishing to go sightseeing while pursuing a particular course. If a student opts for an approach offered by a university based in Sydney, they can visit the Sydney Opera House conveniently. There will also be a chance to explore the Great Barrier Reef and several widespread natural habitats.

2. England

England is synonymous with institutions that offer high-quality education to its students. Some of the most reputed universities in the world, like Oxford and Cambridge, are based in the country. This is why England emerges as one of the preferred destinations for students who wish to study abroad.

England works very well for Indian students who believe they do not have excellent adaptive skills. Once students move to England, they find it very easy to adjust to their new environment and the pace at which everything moves in the country. The transition happens very smoothly, and that's why most international students feel delighted there.

3. Japan

Japan enjoys a solid reputation for being a hospitable country. Whether somebody visits Japan as a tourist or spends a certain amount of time in the country as a student, they have great things to say about it and its people. Most of the courses offered by the colleges and universities based in Japan are reasonably priced.

It is well-known that Japan has been at the forefront of technological innovations. After completing their course, students can look for well-paying jobs in Japan. While there are many employment opportunities for engineers and doctors, the hospitality industry in the country, too, is booming.

4. Spain

While Spain is known to have reputed universities that offer well-structured courses in literature, languages, music, and art, there is good scope for pursuing other courses in science and mathematics. Many Indian students go to Spain to enroll themselves in a linguistic course and gain complete mastery over the Spanish language.

Pre-applying to Spanish colleges and universities would also be recommended for applicants who wish to study and spend a few years in a country that has a rich cultural heritage to boast of. Some of the most reputed universities in Spain are the University of Barcelona and the Autonomous University of Madrid.

Study Abroad
Study in USA
Study in UK
Application Process
MBBS in UK
MBA in France
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 161 Answers - 167
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants