Study Permit Application for International Students to Study Abroad

Study Abroad Team 18/07/2023

Sulekha Study Abroad: From Expert Guidance to Global Opportunities.

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Expert advice on universities, courses, and scholarships.
  • Top Destinations: Insights into renowned study-abroad countries.
  • Up-to-date data: Information on foreign entrance exams, deadlines & accreditation.
  • Personal Growth: Cultural immersion, independence, and global perspective.
  • Enhanced Support: NEHA Chatbot for instant answers and guidance.
  • Expert Consultation: Personalized advice from verified professionals.

Basic Entry Requirements for Study Permit Application

Nowadays, 6 out of every 10 students, after the completion of higher secondary examinations or equivalent, go abroad for higher education. Indeed, pursuing a course and obtaining a degree from a college or University overseas helps one improve career prospects to a significant extent. The number of students who wish to study abroad at esteemed higher educational institutes in foreign countries has increased in the last decade. 

Study Permit Application for International Students to Study Abroad

However, it is essential for aspirants to get their hands on a study permit to study in Canada, the US, or other popular countries. They must meet various requirements beforehand to ensure that the officials approve their study permit application. A student visa is a study permit in countries such as Canada. This is a non-immigrant type visa, and it is suitable for those who aspire to complete higher studies abroad.

Getting hold of a student visa means a student has the authorization to travel and be admitted to one of the reputed colleges or Universities in Germany or any other nation. It is of utmost importance to have immense belief in one’s potential when deciding to move abroad for further studies. The government issues the study permit, which remains valid till the study program lasts. 

Study Permit Requirements

Students interested in pursuing higher studies in foreign nations must apply for a study permit once a college or University agrees to admit them. An aspirant needs to keep several documents handy when applying for a study permit or student visa.

  • Study Permit Application Form: Visiting the official website of the consulate or embassy will enable a student to download the application form. It is necessary to carefully fill out the form with the necessary details and check twice before submitting online or offline. 
  • Passport: It is paramount to remember that the validity of a passport is at least six months when an aspirant files an application for his or her student visa or study permit. What’s advisable is to apply again for a new passport when a student’s travel document is near its expiry. 
  • Passport Photographs: Submitting at least a few recently captured passport-size photographs is imperative during the submission of the application form. Remember that the number of pictures an applicant must submit varies from country to country. 
  • Enrolment Records: It is essential for applicants to submit enrolment records or proof of admission to confirm that they are eligible to study in the USA or any other nation at a leading institute.
  • Records of Previous Higher Education Institute: If a student has attended a college before applying for a study program in a foreign territory, they must submit their college records. It is necessary to increase the chances of getting approval for a study permit or student visa.
  • Financial Evidence: When submitting the study permit application, applicants must prove they can financially support their study program abroad. Aspirants must ask for the financial statements and submit them if their family members provide money-related assistance. A financial aid recipient requires submitting a copy of the scholarship while applying.

Aside from the aforementioned ones, applicants need to submit their CVs and birth certificate.

Application Procedure for a Study Permit

  • Applying for the Coveted Study Program 

An applicant won’t get the permit without proving that they have been given admission to one of the US, Canadian, or Germany top universities to study a coveted course. Therefore, applying for the study program a student aspires to pursue is paramount before applying for a student visa or study permit.

  • Visit the Consulate or Embassy for the Visa Interview

One of the crucial things an interested aspirant needs to do is find a local consulate or embassy in their nation and fix an appointment for a permit or visa interview. A student’s approach has to be very confident, and the officials must feel how eager he or she is to study abroad.

Study Permit Application for International Students to Study Abroad

  • Keep Requisite Documents Organized

Organizing every document before applying for a student visa or study permit is vital. It is not possible to submit the application form without the required documents. It is advisable to make multiple photocopies of each document. Applicants must learn from the visa office regarding any documents requiring translation. Doing so helps them be well-prepared before applying for a study permit or visa.

  • Make Payment for the Visa Application

Timely payment for a visa or permit application fee matters the most to get permission to travel and pursue your desired course at the best University in France. Double-check with officials at the visa office because some would ask you to make payment before the interview, and the rest would need you to pay on the day you appear for the appointment.

  • Appear for the Scheduled Study Permit or Student Visa Interview

Aspirants cannot afford to miss the scheduled interview if they have to obtain a visa or study permit. Missing the time or date can make you experience enough trouble, and you may not reschedule the interview prior to the commencement of the first semester.

Study Permit Application for UK

International students aspiring to study in the UK must apply for a UK study permit before their desired study program course begins. The UK government issues visas to an unlimited number of interested international students. Under the Tier 4 study permit or student visa, aspirants need to prove their proficiency in the English language to qualify. 

Applying for a UK student visa at least six months before the course starts is important for a student not from the UK. The Universities in the UK for international students that admit an applicant send a reference number known as Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.

Entering this number is mandatory during online registration. Instructions regarding how to proceed will be available to every student after the online application. However, the instructions vary depending on one’s country of residence. The UK study permit or visa fee for a non-residential UK student is £348.

Study Permit Application for USA

The study permits a student needs to have to study in the USA is called an F1 student visa. The validity of this visa is only one year. It is indispensable for a student to renew it if the study program does not get over in a year.

An aspirant must register with the SEVP, which stands for Student Exchange Visitor Program, to get the visa or permit. Moreover, it is a must for them to enroll in a full-time course besides proving their financial stability and English proficiency. The application fee is $160.

Study Permit Application for Germany

If an aspirant wants to opt for Germany study abroad, he or she has to apply for a study permit or student visa. It can remain valid for six months to three years, depending on one’s study program. Many with long-term visas apply for a temporary student permit for residence after entering Germany. 

Many international students are admitted to reputed colleges and Universities in Germany every year. More than 300 higher education institutes in Germany offer over 15,000 study courses. An applicant must submit proof of English language proficiency and the school leaving certificate. 

Study Permit Application for Australia

International students can easily obtain an Australia study permit or student visa if necessary. Following the Immigration Office guidelines is essential for applicants to get the Visa subclass 500. Suppose a student from India aspires to study in Australia. In that case, he or she must submit several documents, including age proof, passport, confirmation enrolment letter, civil document, health insurance, and English language certification. 

It is vital for a student to ensure that every document that they submit has to be in English. They must translate into English if the documents are in a different language. One requires making a payment of AUD 630 for the Australia student visa application fee.  

Study Permit Application for Italy

International students who wish to study in Italy must apply for an Italy study permit or student visa. Moreover, applicants need to have a residence permit in Italy. The student visa is also regarded as D-visa, which a student must have if the study program lasts over ninety days. 

Applicants must submit the application form, passport-size photographs, proof of pre-enrolment or enrolment in a University in Italy, proof of residence in Italy, certificates of previous education, and proof of English or Italian language proficiency. An applicant has to pay €50 for the Italy student visa application processing fee.

Study Permit Application for France

Once an aspirant gets a letter from a higher education institute in France that confirms their enrolment in a coveted study program, they can apply for a permit or visa to study in France. A student can apply for one of these visas depending on the duration of the course:

  • Short-stay student visa for a study program of fewer than three months
  • Temporary long-stay student visa for a study program between three and six months
  • Long-stay visa for higher studies that take over six months to complete

It is necessary to meet the language requirements to get a visa and study at a University in France. Aspirants must prove their proficiency in English or French to qualify for the permit. Submitting several other documents, such as a visa application form, passport, official acceptance letter from a University, financial stability evidence, and proof of accommodation, is imperative. 

Study Abroad
Application Process
Entry Requirements/Exp
0 paperCraftAnimation
0
Share
Curious about Studying Abroad? Explore, Ask, Learn!
Questions - 160 Answers - 166
sort by
Most Useful
Recent Questions
sort by
What is the course fee to study MBBS in the USA?
Study Abroad
Neha Posted on 23/12/2023
  • Monika Answered on 20/12/2023

    Studying MBBS in the USA can cost between $30,000 and $60,000 per year, which doesn't include additional expenses like living costs and health insurance. For instance, renowned institutions in urban areas may have higher fees than universities in suburban or rural settings. In addition to tuition, Indian students need to consider other essential costs.

     The approximate cost of living in the USA varies: housing ($1,000 to $2,500/month), food ($300 to $500/month), transportation ($70 to $120/month for public transit), utilities ($150 to $250/month), healthcare (a few hundred dollars/month), and miscellaneous expenses ($200 to $400/month).While the upfront costs can seem substantial, prospective students should explore financial aid opportunities, scholarships, and grants.

    Many universities and private organizations in the USA provide financial assistance to international students based on merit or need. This financial support can significantly alleviate the overall cost of pursuing a medical degree. Researching specific universities is crucial to obtaining accurate and up-to-date information on fees and available financial aid.

    Students should consider the overall environment, quality of education, and potential for research or clinical experience when selecting a university in the USA for their MBBS program. Connect with Sulekha Study Abroad Experts now!

    Read More
    (2)
    (0)
    Ask NEHA Have questions about studying abroad? Ask NEHA, your study abroad companion!
Post Answer

Top Study Abroad Consultants